Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m (492 Views)

BREAKING: Peter Obi's Investment Of Anambra's $12.24 M In Breweries Now $5.38m! / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by ObidientFC: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
I didn't think that I'd need to explain this to people who actually went to school; but since so many people have felt the need to be brain dead , let me just be as concise as possible.

1) As of 2017 when Peter Obi made those claims, was the investment worth "Almost $100 million"?

Answer is yes.

Since 2018, we've gone through a full year's lock down as a result of a covid pandemic that lasted atleast 2 years.

Whole stick markets collapsed.

If anything, this is an indictment on subsequent Anambra state govts for not taking action when the stock value was dropping.

It's funny that even supposed crypto traders who understand how financial value works, are trying to milk this nonsense.

It's testament to how starved APC & PDP are of dirt to throw on Obi, that this is what they're dancing over.
International breweries have been posting losses for 3 consecutive fiscal years since 2018, as evident in these screenshots, but you expect the investment to be worth the same?

You understand that one small breaking news can make Facebook shares plummet, but suddenly you want to self-service on this. Try get sense abeg.

Na starvation de worry una, make una try feed abeg, e don tey.
Atleast I'm glad it's not looted funds that's being discussed. It's an investment & its dwindling value, just like every other stock in the world currently.

You passed through 2 covid years, one full lock down year that even affected the price of gold, you still no get sense.
Also, according to these screenshots listing share ownership in the company, it's obvious Anambra state no longer owns up to 4.7% shares in the company, meaning a subsequent administration must have liquidated part of the shares.

But how will you know, when your scope of understanding is limited to "top to bottom". Apaiwa

4 Likes

Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by DontBullshitMe: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Personally, I don't even think it makes sense to invest State Government money in businesses domiciled in the same state the government governs.

The reason for this is that, there is the potential that it can put the Government into acting in the interest of the business/company over the interest of the generality of the populace.

For example, let's assume A state government invests 10 million dollars in a company and the company is caught violating environmental laws that can cause them to lose their license, how does the Government handle such a situation. If you act on such offence and revoke their license, your investments go to waste. If you decide not to act, then the Government becomes partial and ineffective.
Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by mycar: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Op, if you check the report, the investment was made in naira, it has appreciated but based on the dollar equivalent now and then, the value in dollars now is lesser than the value dollars then, simple. That's shows how bad our economy is now.

What one million naira could buy then is what four million naira is buying now. That's how bad our economy is now but cheer up, once he enters, automatically, dollar will crash and if he capitalizes on it, things will improve
Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
We are OBIdient, we are OBIfied. Peter Obi we know, Peter Obi we support!!!
Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by 9gerian: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2022
Conflict of interest you mean.

But I think states can make investments in businesses so far there is an investment think tank constituted to manage such an investment portfolio as the state’s business in order to protect the interest of the state. Or else, the governor or an authorized state official will engage in a “conflict of interest” by investing state funds to boost personal or family business, which is bad and detrimental to the state and people.

DontBullshitMe:
Personally, I don't even think it makes sense to invest State Government money in businesses domiciled in the same state the government governs.

The reason for this is that, there is the potential that it can put the Government into acting in the interest of the business/company over the interest of the generality of the populace.

For example, let's assume A state government invests 10 million dollars in a company and the company is caught violating environmental laws that can cause them to lose their license, how does the Government handle such a situation. If you act on such offence and revoke their license, your investments go to waste. If you decide not to act, then the Government becomes partial and ineffective.

Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by Xbobtage: 11:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
The investment actually increased in naira. But the naira dropped massively against the dollar since then and is even about to capitulate.

Thats why we are begging nigerians Our country needs to be saved, we have this last shot to do it. Please dont allow us all to drown because of ethnic pride.

Peter is the one shot kill all we have right now.
Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by Mynd44: 5:15am On Jun 22, 2022
Don't.you guys get tired of lying. There was never a time that investment was work more than $66m and this was in 2018

Never $100m
Re: Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m by Eniitankorede: 5:41am On Jun 22, 2022
ObidientFC:
I didn't think that I'd need to explain this to people who actually went to school; but since so many people have felt the need to be brain dead , let me just be as concise as possible.

1) As of 2017 when Peter Obi made those claims, was the investment worth "Almost $100 million"?

Answer is yes.

Since 2018, we've gone through a full year's lock down as a result of a covid pandemic that lasted atleast 2 years.

Whole stick markets collapsed.

If anything, this is an indictment on subsequent Anambra state govts for not taking action when the stock value was dropping.

It's funny that even supposed crypto traders who understand how financial value works, are trying to milk this nonsense.

It's testament to how starved APC & PDP are of dirt to throw on Obi, that this is what they're dancing over.
International breweries have been posting losses for 3 consecutive fiscal years since 2018, as evident in these screenshots, but you expect the investment to be worth the same?

You understand that one small breaking news can make Facebook shares plummet, but suddenly you want to self-service on this. Try get sense abeg.

Na starvation de worry una, make una try feed abeg, e don tey.
Atleast I'm glad it's not looted funds that's being discussed. It's an investment & its dwindling value, just like every other stock in the world currently.

You passed through 2 covid years, one full lock down year that even affected the price of gold, you still no get sense.
Also, according to these screenshots listing share ownership in the company, it's obvious Anambra state no longer owns up to 4.7% shares in the company, meaning a subsequent administration must have liquidated part of the shares.

But how will you know, when your scope of understanding is limited to "top to bottom". Apaiwa

Yes, I agree that many people are brain dead. But what I want to ask you OP is: was Peter Obi a pragmatic investor who thinks deeply by investing in a business that brings no value to the people and country at large? Investing in beer factory does not help the economy, rather it kills the economy. Peoples health are made worse by alcohol and definitely, beer is the least any right thinking man will buy in COVID and other periods of economic depression or repression.
Now, is this the kind of leader we want in NIGERIA? Tinubu invested Lagos money in Econet which was beneficial to the people up till today. He made profits when the shares were sold. Anambra made loses in this investment in beer factory. Is that a good sign of a visionary leader? I leave you to your conscience in providing the right answer. Peter Obi is a SCAM. Run away from it.

(1) (Reply)

Flashback: Despite Tinubu Winning Rotimi Amaechi Will Become APC Flag Bearer. / I Have Lost All My Certificates: Tinubu's VP Placeholder, Masari Tells INEC / See The Message An Obidient (peter Obi) Supporter Replied A Scammer (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.