Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi (670 Views)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi / Governor Tambuwal's Convoy Attacked In Sokoto, Man Killed (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 2:46am On Jun 22, 2022
A resident of Sokoto State, Nigeria’s North-west, Jamilu Sufi, claims he has been receiving death threats for supporting the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for the 2023 election in Nigeria.

Mr Sufi, a Muslim, disclosed this via a Twitter post on Sunday.

The LP presidential candidate, Mr Obi, is a Christian, from Anambra State, South-east Nigeria.

He said the person threatening him has also contacted his wife and has threatened to kill her too if he (Sufi) refuses to withdraw his support for Mr Obi.

“I don’t succumb to blackmail and threats,” Mr Sufi said in the post.

He included a phone number which he said belongs to the man who is allegedly threatening him.

“It got to a point that he called my wife and threatened to kill her too. I blocked him but he and other guys continued (to threaten me and my wife),” he further tweeted.

Mr Sufi said the unidentified person speaks Igbo and Hausa languages fluently.

He said the man also sent him voice notes via WhatsApp and threatened to kill him.

Mr Sufi told PREMIUM TIMES he had reported the matter to the police in Sokoto State

Mr Sufi has been using Twitter to drum up support in Sokoto State and North-west for Mr Obi and the LP.

He claimed, in one of his posts on the microbloggingsite, to have united the different factions of the LP in Sokoto State, and expressed plan to do the same in other states in the region.

He described Mr Obi as “a president in the making”. Nigeria, he said, would be safe under Mr Obi.

Suspect denies issuing death threats
When PREMIUM TIMES reached the unidentified person via the telephone number provided in Mr Sufi’s tweet, he denied issuing any threat.

He identified himself as Buhari, although he claimed he belong to the Igbo, an ethnic group that is dominant in Nigeria’s South-east.

The man said he was converted to Islam in Kano State.

“It is not true. Disregard it completely, except you have any evidence to show me,” Mr Buhari said of the allegation of death threats.

When asked if he had ever threatened Mr Sufi, he responded, “I don’t even know anybody with that name. I don’t relate with Peter Obi people completely. I am a card-carrying member of the All Progressive Congress. My name is not Kingsley. My name is Buhari.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/538274-sokoto-man-says-he-got-death-threats-for-supporting-peter-obi.html
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 2:48am On Jun 22, 2022
If you are not ibo and you are supporting the Pandora man in the North you are on your own

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by chukwuibuipob: 3:18am On Jun 22, 2022
undecided
lipsrsealed
grin
cheesy
grin
sad
grin OBINNAs wan take style RUNz

53 Likes

Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Tip of the iceberg.

He should go on and thumbprint for Obi on Election Day and see if he won’t sight Earth from Heaven.
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by ScamHunter: 4:19am On Jun 22, 2022
That's normal in the North since 2015. Their Islamic superiority sense tells them that only a Muslim deserve to rule. They don't care that there's no single leading Muslim nation in the world. They view those supporting non Muslims as traitors. That was how they succeeded in rigging out Jonathan. Those of us in the North in 2015 would remember how they used every available means to disenfranchise those they suspected would vote Mr Jonathan, such as concealing INEC lists with names its alphabet starts with E, because they're aware that such would be Southerners or Igbo. I remember how one of the voters found where they hid the list, that was how the Ezes were able to vote that day.
Obi supported should keep working hard. In the next few months, even the Talakawas will be Obedient. It's a matter of conviction. If you get them on your side they're the most extremist supporters you could get and not even Atiku could gain traction when the Talakawas are made to realize the deprivation they've been put through.

Vote Peter Obi for a better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Smithkafors(m): 4:23am On Jun 22, 2022
At your age you no still get sense, mum man. Read Mumu man
Ndimkpurummiri:
If you are not ibo and you are supporting the Pandora man in the North you are on your own

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by ScamHunter: 4:41am On Jun 22, 2022
Smithkafors:
At your age you no still get sense, mum man. Read Mumu man
Don't mind him. He has the sense of a growing child. Even his username is enough to not take his comments seriously. No sensible person gets paid 30k by Buhari or Tinubu to sell his tomorrow and the agree to do so with aplomb. His fellow zombies that started this work with him now move with private jet because they're northerners, but he still fools himself that all is well with him as an Afonja.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Benki003(m): 4:41am On Jun 22, 2022
It's the norms there Sha make 2023 do fast reach
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Tochi3(m): 4:42am On Jun 22, 2022
This Kain Story sef,

Igbo must be mentioned, Southeast must also be mentioned. Peter Obi again ?

Hmmm, Premium Times
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by kettykings: 4:43am On Jun 22, 2022
It seems the volcano that would finally erupt over Nigeria will happen in 2023
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by aariwa(m): 4:46am On Jun 22, 2022
The man is lying to get attention. Northerners don’t play that kind of politics.I know a lot of them supporting Peter Obi openly without threat or harm.Maybe he is looking for money from Peter Obi forgetting the stingy comment Mbaka made
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Tinubufit: 5:54am On Jun 22, 2022
Obi that not qualify to be a chairman in southwest want to be Nigeria president.
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by booblacain(m): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:

You forget there are many other tribes in the North apart from Hausa/Fulani. Hausa/Fulani does not own the North.
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by AlafinofEnugu(m): 7:54am On Jun 22, 2022
Obi is an infidel and will be stoned to comma if he steps foot in our Dear sokoto grin
No infidel will be allowed to touch aso rock and we Northerners will make sure we ridge the election with our child voters to make sure no ipob or infidel rule over us
Emi lokan 2023 grin
Re: Sokoto Man Says He Got Death Threats For Supporting Peter Obi by Realdon1(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2022
I'm ready to waste my money to be OBIdient.
Obi is not a mere name.
Obi is a movement.
I'm a northerner, and my youths are gathering for Obi movement.
I'm on Peterside inshallah

(1) (Reply)

I Will Help Ekweremadu's daughter For Free...lol / Factcheck0001, Coman See Tinubu Branded Urine / Buhari Has Links With Terrorists - Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.