Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them (1072 Views)

Nairaland Has Been Paid To Support Tinubu(wise Up) / Nairaland Has Lost Her Value So Many Kid On Adult Body / Changing My Email On Nairaland Has Been Going Wrong, Any Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Mhizcontempt: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
The forum has tons of potential but it's like the founder is either not serious or just doesn't care anymore... I think this website needs a total overhauling. This forum has the potential to be the reddit and quora of Africa but a lot of things needs to be done in order to harness the full potential of the website.. The UI has remained the same for like eternity, it not well organised and I feel like it needs to expand its services and create more awareness beyond the shore's of this country..

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Stallionhorse: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Since you know all about enormous why not go and create your own site.. Allow somebody Breet?!! Is seun complaining??

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Mhizcontempt: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Since you know all about enormous why not go and create your own site.. Allow somebody Breet?!! Is seun complaining??
it's just a suggestion you this primitive specie

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by GiftAbia1: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
What the op is saying is true. Seun needs to improve this platform

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Fira09(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mhizcontempt:

Then u are an amphibian specie!!!
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Extremely true

Seun is a lucky guy.

You know Nairaland lacks management when some websites and current platforms in Nigeria with less users and traffic less than 2 years old are worth more than Nairaland.

Very useless features

I believe Seun is the only developer who manages this forum

He'll be so reluctant to hire people who'd share more ideas to him.

I believe he's the one who coded that anti spam bot that don't know anything

Abi this is yeye search functionality

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Rastaramsey(m): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fira09:

Who be this one sef
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Mhizcontempt: 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fira09:

you're just a siesta impoverished dunce who just despairingly seeks intentness and substantiation. Begone, you foul creature

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Fira09(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
[quote author=Rastaramsey post=114060363]

Who be this one sef[/quote

Who u con be?
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Fira09(m): 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mhizcontempt:
you're just a siesta impoverished dunce who just despairingly seeks intentness and substantiation. Begone, you foul creature

You just need mental checkup, you sound like someone who is drunk!!!! scruffy thing.

Commenting grammar that is copied can never oppress me ... get lost abeg!!
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Sapeleboy911(m): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
For me nairaland structure is perfectly okay, the speed of page reload is something else. Nairaland is my tester if I want to confirm the network speed of a neighborhood. Though Seun and its moderators need to work more on getting rid of those afonja, conehead, Yoruba muslim, and other useless tribalism and religious comments littered all over nairaland. Those tribal and religious bigots are making these forums less appealing. Even Seun himself is a religious bigot.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Stallionhorse: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mhizcontempt:
if you have been giving yourself suggestion I'm sure you will be a billionaire by now.. Keep your opinion to yourself you smell of poverty

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Mhizcontempt: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fira09:

You just need mental checkup, you sound like someone who is drunk!!!! scruffy thing.

Commenting grammar that is copied can never oppress me ... get lost abeg!!
even from a mile away, I have a very pellucid perception of how insecure and unlettered you are. You are nothing short of weakness .. Weakness of any kind completely revolts me. A weak and unlettered specie disgusts me even more.
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2022
Stallionhorse:
And that's why negroes like you never progress
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by airsaylongcome: 12:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Quick question though. Since a lot of people here seem to think that NL is terrible, isn't that an opportunity to launch a forum that meets your needs and then drive traffic there. Can build a fancy headless Forum solution.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Quick question though. Since a lot of people here seem to think that NL is terrible, isn't that an opportunity to launch a forum that meets your needs and then drive traffic there. Can build a fancy headless Forum solution.

building it to look nice aint the issue... traffic izzz.

budget to get traffic is main set back.
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by airsaylongcome: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

building it to look nice aint the issue... traffic izzz.

budget to get traffic is main set back.

Exactly my point bro. Seun has put in effort to get that traffic over time. And people feel like they can tell him how to run his business. I'm not happy with a few things about NL but I'm happy to live with it. Head of to Reddit when I need the Reddit experience.

Most people want to ride on top of that traffic without the effort needed.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Exactly my point bro. Seun has put in effort to get that traffic over time. And people feel like they can tell him how to run his business. I'm not happy with a few things about NL but I'm happy to live with it. Head of to Reddit when I need the Reddit experience.

bro if people don't criticize u, u may not grow.

nairaland is ugly simple... forget traffic.

nairaland needs up to date features

its we that use nairaland that's gonna suggest to seun what should be added.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by airsaylongcome: 12:58am On Jun 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

bro if people don't criticize u, u may not grow.

nairaland is ugly simple... forget traffic.

nairaland needs up to date features

its we that use nairaland that's gonna suggest to seun what should be added.

Yes fam. It's absolutely okay to point out areas of possible improvements. And sure I would like to see certain improvements. But a lot of people are almost screaming and trying to force their suggestions down Seun's throat. They are free to suggest. He is free to choose what to implement and what to ignore. Believe me if one of us from this programming section decides to setup a forum dedicated for tech, dev and remote working generally, that forum would see traffic real quick

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Yes fam. It's absolutely okay to point out areas of possible improvements. And sure I would like to see certain improvements. But a lot of people are almost screaming and trying to force their suggestions down Seun's throat. They are free to suggest. He is free to choose what to implement and what to ignore. Believe me if one of us from this programming section decides to setup a forum dedicated for tech, dev and remote working generally, that forum would see traffic real quick

not really lol.

there's one _africoders created by dhtml in 2018 or 2019 or so.... he was active here from 2013 or so when this secttion was alive lol... _Africoders is 70% dead.

seun helped killed _africoders... if you type _africoders without adding underscore, it changes to nairaland lol... jealous seun

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Seun sha didnt really put in much effort... he was as lucky as lindaikeji... they started when nigerian cyberspace was very young... have u seen seun old post? i know a little how he started because i have been here since 2008 just with alternate monickers
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by airsaylongcome: 1:28am On Jun 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

not really lol.

there's one _africoders created by dhtml in 2018 or 2019 or so.... he was active here from 2013 or so when this secttion was alive lol... _Africoders is 70% dead.

seun helped killed _africoders... if you type _africoders without adding underscore, it changes to nairaland lol... jealous seun

Yeah I knew dhtml. Didn't know he spun off a forum
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by qtguru(m): 6:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Seun Already cashes out, there's no incentive for him to do anything else in all honesty. Just keep it simple, personally reddit is a much better fit

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by BlaqFaze: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2022
qtguru:

Seun Already cashes out, there's no incentive for him to do anything else in all honesty. Just keep it simple, personally reddit is a much better fit
I prefer Nairaland to Reddit as per the design...even the old Reddit site is better than the new one, Nairaland is still one of the sites that works on button phones, the performance of this site is a huge plus and there's no need to change the design and make it "modern".

The only problem with this forum are the users (esp. the ones that practice tribalism) and ads...this one is actually a big problem, there was a time a went to education section and the all the topics on the first page were ads, even this section is riddled with ads topics.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by satandeterrible: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2022
Nairaland is perfectly okay the way it is.
If you want more features, create your own site and add the features there.

The only thing bad about Nairaland is the tribalism. But sadly seun is a Tinubu (drug baron) supporter and a sick religious bigot (Islamic fundamentalist).
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by meobizy(f): 8:34am On Jun 23, 2022
I come here to do what I want and disappear. When I was hungry for knowledge I found this place lacking. Whenever I posted I only got trolled or ignored. I’ve relaxed to view this place as a form of leisure and nothing more.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Stallionhorse: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2022
Think4Myself:

And that's why negroes like you never progress
Mr progressive I'm sure your up there with the likes of dangote, elen musk and co.. Well-done greet them for me..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:
It won't be hard, the problem is lack of funds/investors
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

not really lol.

Really ?? Seun is out of pocket for that
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
BlaqFaze:
I prefer Nairaland to Reddit as per the design...even the old Reddit site is better than the new one, Nairaland is still one of the sites that works on button phones, the performance of this site is a huge plus and there's no need to change the design and make it "modern".

The only problem with this forum are the users (esp. the ones that practice tribalism) and ads...this one is actually a big problem, there was a time a went to education section and the all the topics on the first page were ads, even this section is riddled with ads topics.
People like you will never grow in life, I wish the remaining 10k users can boycott this site so Seun can wake up smh angry
Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by qtguru(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Think4Myself:

People like you will never grow in life, I wish the remaining 10k users can boycott this site so Seun can wake up smh angry

Was this necessary?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Enormous Potentials But Seun Doesn't Seem To See Them by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
I say Devs on here should boycott nairaland and move to afri coders.com (Seun censored it pathetic)
I'm on my way to open an account there you guys should join me and make the site huge and for all Devs across the continent,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatz Up Y' All / Classiest Person On Nairaland. . . . / Nairaland: It's Time To Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.