Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

We Are In Palpable Fear. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Are In Palpable Fear. (310 Views)

Nigerian Lady Monitors Her Washed Panties With Cutlass Over Fear Of Yahoo Boys / Fear Of ‘Yahoo Boys’ Has Made Us Stop Wearing Pants – Women In Delta State / Fear Grips Delta Residents As Cultists Hold Convention, Recruit New Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are In Palpable Fear. by Abemy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Unknown gunmen kidnapped Chief Hon. Maxwell Ishimmiri Esowune Sunday evening.

After severally asking of him in his compound, he was double crossed at Amaokoro kindred in Njaba LGA Imo State. one of the gunmen sat on his Bick and asked him to ride towards Ata. On Monday, chief Ishimmiri called his younger brother and told him he was administered an oath, where he vowed never to part take in politics in his entire life, he was thereafter asked to bail himself with a certain amount his brother refused to disclose.

On Tuesday afternoon, a special force comprising of Ebubeagu, police and the military invaded the camp of the killer squad, they quickly discharge all their captors to go, but ordered them to report back on Wednesday morning.

Ishimmiri came back with swollen eyes, bruises, cuts in the head. He narrated that, he had a one on one encounter with death. He after taking tea, absconded to an unknown destination.

Today (Wednesday) at about 11am, the gunmen sent someone to come get Hon. Chief Maxwell Ishimmiri back to the forest, he couldn't be found, they left a message that he should better report back to the forest or be smooked wherever he is hiding as they have an unfinished business.

They returned two hours later and requested to see the wife. But the woman told them that her husband failed to return from the hospital he went for medical check-up yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

They told his brother to get Ishimmiri informed that, any where they get him, he would be beheaded. The brother who was moved to tears tried to reach his brother on phone to pass the message. The brother who refused to disclose his hiding place, told his younger brother that, he was ready to poision himself to death, rather than return to the bush in Ata, that he will not return alive, and that instead of him to be beheaded alive, he will take poison and die.

As I write, no one knows if he has taken the poison. All these are happening less than a millimeter from where the military post is located at Orlu/Owerri road.

No one has the guts to report as it is suicidal to do that, but all the residents as I post are living in palpable fear of the on known.
Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by Immatex(m): 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
It's too late for the community to report the activities of this terriost IPOB and ESN to the Army.

When they first arrived the community accepted them as liberators and freedom fighters, the community embraced them with open arms and insulted both the police and Army, now the community must enjoy the dividends of Biafra as they have always wished.

I have always maintained that though Igbo, I will never be a Biafran. I will simply opt out, like I have already left the country.

Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan etc will be a paradise compared to a Biafra. Biafra will only create and break new world records in Terrorism.
Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by TayehJiboluwa(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
He should relocate to safer parts of the country. I don't think the gunmen are after common people but the big men and prominent men in the society.
Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Odikwa egwu! You would rather poison yourself, rather lay trap for these hooligans? At least, if you are going to die, you take some idiots with you.

The thing I see here is the guy is running away from some atrocities he committed. That's the only reason these people are so brazen in their search for him.

1 Like

Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by kingthreat(m): 4:43am On Jun 23, 2022
I wish the East realizes what is going on in their homes.
Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Don't blame the military if igbos don't cooperate with them.
Re: We Are In Palpable Fear. by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 23, 2022
TayehJiboluwa:
He should relocate to safer parts of the country. I don't think the gunmen are after common people but the big men and prominent men in the society.
So you love what they are doing...and you senile animals want to rule Nigeria...no presidency for animals.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Muslims Continue To Pose A Deadly Threat To Christians / Anambra Woman Pushes Maid From Four-storey Building, She Lands In Hospital / Nipsey Hussle's Killer Convicted Of Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.