Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari (826 Views)

Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo / Oyo State Introduces Levies On Churches, Mosques, Businesses For Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that the attacks on churches and worshippers are unacceptable.

A statement on Wednesday by spokesman, Garba Shehu, conveyed the President’s message.

Buhari said it was clear that there’s a design by wicked people to put the country under religious stress

The Nigerian leader referred to the massacre in a church in Owo, Ondo State, and killings and kidnappings in Kaduna State,

Buhari said religious freedom and diversity is what makes Nigeria great.

“It is this diversity that gives Nigeria its strength. That is why Nigeria’s enemies seek to destroy it, by putting us against one another.

“We will not let them. The nation will not be distracted or divided by these obviously planned and politically motivated criminal outrages.”

The President called the perpetrators cowards, weak and wicked men with guns murdering, in cold blood, unarmed women and children at their places of worship.

“Seeing the crowd of Nigerians voluntarily rushing to donate blood after the attack, thronging the local hospitals, even in the midst of mourning, I was proud of my country. I was filled with hope.

“As for the cowards, they will be punished for their crimes. We will bring them to justice.”

Buhari appealed to Nigerians to come together in prayer – whether Christian, Muslim or any of our great faiths.

He charged citizens to continue to cherish “what we share while respecting each other’s differences”.

“Let us show them that Nigerians will never be bullied by cowards, extremists or terrorists”, the statement added.

On Tuesday, the Orthodox Public Affairs Committee (OPAC) condemned the attacks on Nigerian churches and christians in strong terms.

The body called on President Buhari to protect peaceful Christian population – the largest in Africa – from extremist terrorist violence.

OPAC declared that the “continuous targeting of Christians during principal religious holidays is beginning to feel like Nigerian state-sponsored terrorism against its own citizens”.

OPAC charged the United States Department of State to insist on measures to protect Christians within Nigeria.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/22/attacks-on-churches-christians-unacceptable-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Malory: 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
This one is just deceiving himself. As he is not happy about it

3 Likes

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by fourboys: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
To give this mumu spear just dey hungry me sad

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Rastaramsey(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Malory:
This one is just deceiving himself. As he is not happy about it

LMAO

Where you go since

When I see your monicker, I con remember say it has been long have seen your post

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rastaramsey:

LMAO

Where you go since

When I see your monicker, I con remember say it has been long have seen your post

Cock and bull story
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Malory: 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rastaramsey:

LMAO

Where you go since

I am here since.
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Mascot57: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
As if he really care
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by omowolewa: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
Unacceptable?
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by WonderManly(m): 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
You mean am?

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Cypress042(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Buhari has been talking, talking and talking unlike him, what's the secret behind it? make una tell me i need to know grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
treesun:

President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that the attacks on churches and worshippers are unacceptable.

A statement on Wednesday by spokesman, Garba Shehu, conveyed the President’s message.

Buhari said it was clear that there’s a design by wicked people to put the country under religious stress

The Nigerian leader referred to the massacre in a church in Owo, Ondo State, and killings and kidnappings in Kaduna State,

Buhari said religious freedom and diversity is what makes Nigeria great.

“It is this diversity that gives Nigeria its strength. That is why Nigeria’s enemies seek to destroy it, by putting us against one another.

“We will not let them. The nation will not be distracted or divided by these obviously planned and politically motivated criminal outrages.”

The President called the perpetrators cowards, weak and wicked men with guns murdering, in cold blood, unarmed women and children at their places of worship.

“Seeing the crowd of Nigerians voluntarily rushing to donate blood after the attack, thronging the local hospitals, even in the midst of mourning, I was proud of my country. I was filled with hope.

“As for the cowards, they will be punished for their crimes. We will bring them to justice.”

Buhari appealed to Nigerians to come together in prayer – whether Christian, Muslim or any of our great faiths.

He charged citizens to continue to cherish “what we share while respecting each other’s differences”.

“Let us show them that Nigerians will never be bullied by cowards, extremists or terrorists”, the statement added.

On Tuesday, the Orthodox Public Affairs Committee (OPAC) condemned the attacks on Nigerian churches and christians in strong terms.

The body called on President Buhari to protect peaceful Christian population – the largest in Africa – from extremist terrorist violence.

OPAC declared that the “continuous targeting of Christians during principal religious holidays is beginning to feel like Nigerian state-sponsored terrorism against its own citizens”.

OPAC charged the United States Department of State to insist on measures to protect Christians within Nigeria.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/22/attacks-on-churches-christians-unacceptable-buhari/

APC PRIMARIES AND OWO CHURCH MASSACRE
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Tochi3(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Poo'hari

The poo in hara...m
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by VaselineCrew: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
Cypress042:
Buhari has been talking, talking and talking unlike him, what's the secret behind it? make una tell me i need to know grin grin

Where did you see him talk?

You Nigerians ehn, very funny people.

Show me the video where Buhari said all this.

Someone that doesn't send anybody, never does interview, then because one article says "Buhari says", you will now start saying Buhari is talking.

Didn't you see Trump address the country everytime on video? Biden nko?

I tire for Naija
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Afamsi: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
He might go home and congratulate his brothers for job welldone
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Cypress042(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
VaselineCrew:

Where did you see him talk?

You Nigerians ehn, very funny people.

Show me the video where Buhari said all this.

Someone that doesn't send anybody, never does interview, then because one article says "Buhari says", you will now start saying Buhari is talking.

Didn't you see Trump address the country everytime on video? Biden nko?

I tire for Naija
Address ni, No one would listen to him grin

Only Today he'd talked about Ipob vandalising pipelines and now this. Who knows what comes next grin
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
Cypress042:

He has taken talkenamacin!
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
And One old grandpa is agitating for Muslim-muslim ticket
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Cypress042(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
treesun:

He has taken talkenamacin!
Real niggar grin
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by nazicartel(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
And e don talk finish...
If Christians like. They should depend on the over stretched military. We should all protect ourselves in this country. Kidnapping/unknown gun men in the East, Banditry in the NW, unprovoked killings in the west , Terrorism in the NE. Omoh. This is the worst time to be in the military. Those guys are trying coupled with the evil elements among them.
We seriously need change of govt and restructuring
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Vladigor:

APC PRIMARIES AND OWO CHURCH MASSACRE

Lalasticlala!
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Kingspin(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nigeria wasted awhole 8years
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kingspin:
Just like that!
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kingspin:
e do do ! Dem still vote am again! Nawa o
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by Samunique(m): 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Buhari is a serpent !!!

Don't ask me why!!!
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by limeta(f): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
Taqqiya
Buhari is a terrorist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by naijaking1: 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Many years of denying the attacks on christians and churches, now he says it's not acceptable. When will he order a stop to the killing of christians?
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by techWriter3: 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2022
Buhari!
Re: Attacks On Churches, Christians Unacceptable – Buhari by treesun: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2022
Samunique:
Buhari is a serpent !!!

Don't ask me why!!!
!

(1) (Reply)

Is Peter Ambition Worth The Denigration Of Ndi Igbo? / Tinubu win every political battle and his bigger than all SE politicians. / Nigerians If You Vote Tinubu As President.( Dino Melaye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.