Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? (1973 Views)

See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Activist Worried About Peter Obi's Letterhead (Photo) / Tolu Ogunlesi Criticized For His Posts About Peter Obi (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
In 2003, Igbos voted Obasanjo massively against ojukwu. Obasanjo won southeast and even defeated Ojukwu in Anambra state. This is one example of Igbo people coming through for the Yorubas against sentiments. If Igbos were sentimental, Obasanjo wouldn’t have defeated Ojukwu in southeast.

Forget all the Mumbo jumbo, no sane person will agree that Tinubu can run this breaking country better than Obi. Unless we want to keep living in denial of glaring facts.

While not all Yorubas are like this but a good number is them cannot seem to see beyond tribalism.

Ps: I am not from southeast, if you insult me, I will fire you back.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Crixxx: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Tribalism has eaten deep. Well there a a few intelligent ones who are not blinded by bigotry.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by SmartPolician: 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
That's because every black man is tribalistic

However, there are a few of them who don't believe in Tinubu, the alleged drug lord.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Durabest: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
In 2003, Igbos voted Obasanjo massively against ojukwu. Obasanjo won southeast and even defeated Ojukwu in Anambra state. This is one example of Igbo people coming through for the Yorubas against sentiments. If Igbos were sentimental, Obasanjo wouldn’t have defeated Ojukwu in southeast.

Forget all the Mumbo jumbo, no sane person will agree that Tinubu can run this breaking country better than Obi. Unless we want to keep living in denial of glaring facts.

While not all Yorubas are like this but a good number is them cannot seem to see beyond tribalism.

No reasonable Person will vote lgbo man for president know these and know peace.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by KGD10: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

You're not from southeast Indeed.

Peter Obi with no achievement is only better than Tinubu in your dreams.

Meanwhile, Igbos voted Obasanjo against Falae.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Durabest:
No reasonable Person will vote lgbo man for president know these and know peace.
No reasonable person will vote tribe over competence. Only an extreme idiot from a poorly educated background will do that

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by VoteTinubu2023: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
See Revisionism. The South East region clearly voted PDP not necessarily the Yoruba man on the ballot because they want to be stakeholders and beneficiary of the Federal Government that will be formed in the centre since PDP was the only national party then that can win a nationwide election.

Stop the dishonesty.

TINUBU 2023

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by helinues: 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

It's unfair to Alaigbo hope you know sha . You guys can't be deserting the region and still not be proud of her in the public space

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
KGD10:

You're not from southeast Indeed.

Peter Obi with no achievement is only better than Tinubu in your dreams.

Meanwhile, Igbos voted Obasanjo against Falae.
Let me engage you,
Tell me a single capital project in Lagos today that we can say was embarked by Tinubu?

Are you not ashamed of yourself? We can still see the legacies if his predecessors like lateef jakande, Marwa and Abraham adesanya.

There’s no project to point to expect local government touting and thuggery that it’s Tinubu’s legacy.

Tinubu didn’t even build a single flyover, Lagos was a dustbin when he was governor and become the dirtiest city in the world.

Are you cursed? Na we dey for Lagos when Tinubu was governor. He i the worst governor ever in Lagos with no single legacy project ascribed to his name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Invictuse: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
No reasonable person will vote tribe over competence. Only an extreme idiot from a poorly educated background will do that

What basis did you use to judge Peter Obi beta in competence to Bola Tinubu the man that took Lagos to the 4 largest economy in Africa, first man to offer free WAEC to all student of any tribe in Lagos, a that took Lagos IGR from 500M yearly to over a trillion today. RRS remains best security outfit in Nigeria today n many more.

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
helinues:

It's unfair to Alaigbo hope you know sha . You guys can't be deserting the region and still not be proud of her in the public space
I am Igbo but not from southeast.
What’s in Southwest aside Lagos?
Brown roof slums of Ibadan or Ijebu ode?

Joker grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by KGD10: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
Let me engage you,
Tell me a single capital project in Lagos today that we can say was embarked by Tinubu?

Are you not ashamed of yourself? We can still see the legacies if his predecessors like lateef jakande, Marwa and Abraham adesanya.

There’s no project to point to expect local government touting and thuggery that it’s Tinubu’s legacy.

Tinubu didn’t even build a single flyover, Lagos was a dustbin when he was governor and become the dirtiest city in the world.

Are you cursed? Na we dey for Lagos when Tinubu was governor. He i the worst governor ever in Lagos with no single legacy project ascribed to his name.

Eko Atlantic alone will sink the whole of South East. Better shut up your mouth. What did Peter Obi do in Anambra?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by helinues: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

Joker grin

Same brown roofs is the dream land of young Okoro

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Durabest: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
I JUST HIT YOU AT THE RIGHT SPOT GO AND SIN NO MORE.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Invictuse:

What basis did you use to judge Peter Obi beta in competence to Bola Tinubu the man that took Lagos to the 4 largest economy in Africa, first man to offer free WAEC to all student of any tribe in Lagos, a that took Lagos IGR from 500M yearly to over a trillion today. RRS remains best security outfit in Nigeria today n many more.
illiterate, Lagos IGR will grow with or without Tinubu as long as the only functioning seaport is there.
Illiterates like you with demented brain missed economics classes when your teacher was teaching the economic relevance of seaport fo a state. Open calabar, Warri, none, port harcourt seaports, businesses willl glee from Lagos and revenue will drop.

You think you are talking to some dirty illiterate from Oshodi under bridge here?

Tinubu is a joker, he didn’t add any special value that even the stupidest person can add to Lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
See Revisionism. The South East region clearly voted PDP not necessarily the Yoruba man on the ballot because they want to be stakeholders and beneficiary of the Federal Government that will be formed in the centre since PDP was the only national party then that can win a nationwide election.

Stop the dishonesty.

TINUBU 2023
Well, they could have voted their own. What stopped them from doing that ?

They were not tribalistic like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by alanto: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Why? afonja, hydrologic soup guzzling, brown roof dwelling, fulani almajiri slaves have no option... They will vote Obi. No worry, I mean why not. Is it not the same obi that made Anambra economy surpass lagos economy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
helinues:

Same brown roofs is the dream land of young Okoro
Its still brown roofs. Nowhere is very developed than other parts of Nigeria In southwest aside Lagos.

Stop the noise, Ibadan sef na huge slum. Vote credible leaders who can make your lives better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by IMO01: 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
So its true

That yorubas actually hate igbo to the extent that they ready to die than to see Nigeria move forward.

I didnt say it Look at the comments up there.

At least if you hate igbos dont hate yourself. Why didnt you fight to bring in osinbanjo or even fashola you are bringing a sick person to rule Nigeria after what we experienced with buhari are you not insane

See as the screenshot below of people insulting igbos if we clamp back they would say we play politics of bitterness.

ThankGod nairaland is not Nigeria

I

1 Like

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by VoteTinubu2023: 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
Well, they could have voted their own. What stopped them from doing that ?

They were not tribalistic like you
If they did, they will miss out in the PDP Government formed at the centre and will not get Senate Presidency SSG etc..

Vote TINUBU 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by helinues: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
Its still brown roofs. Nowhere is very developed that other parts of Nigeria I’m southwest aside Lagos.

Stop the noise, Ibadan sef na huge slum. Vote credible leaders who can make your lives better

Are we not saying the same thing? Reason why Okafor will leave developed land to come and be struggling in brown roofs land

11 Likes

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
KGD10:

Eko Atlantic alone will sink the whole of South East. Better shut up your mouth. What did Peter Obi do in Anambra?
hiw is Eko Atlantic Tinubu’s initiative.

Tinubu advert urchins don’t even know that their lord didn’t even build any flyover in Lagos not to talk of a city grin

Na we dey Lagos when him be governor. Eko Atlantic was bar beach then and the beach was always flooded. It when floods Amadu Bello way.

You will stay in your village in ekiti and be saying nonsense cheesy
Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by ufotty2001: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
They are trabalistics... Tinubu is from there region. They don't want to know whether he is competent or not.
Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
helinues:

Are we not saying the same thing? Reason why Okafor will leave developed land to come and be struggling in brown roofs land
maybe the only new roofs in your state was built by someone from another region. Look at this dirty Ibadan boy feeling funky.

The last time I travelled from Lagos to Ibadan and back, it was like I visited a massive slum and back to Lagos. The moment I entered Lagos, I felt a relief.
grin
Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by KGD10: 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
hiw is Eko Atlantic Tinubu’s initiative.

Tinubu advert urchins don’t even know that their lord didn’t even build any flyover in Lagos not to talk of a city grin

Na we dey Lagos when him be governor. Eko Atlantic was bar beach then and the beach was always flooded. It when floods Amadu Bello way.

You will stay in your village in ekiti and be saying nonsense cheesy

No, Eko Atlantic na your papa dream.

You talk about flooding which is a normal occurrence, even in the UK, Germany etc.

Look at the irritating dungs in your south east region. This is what you want to turn Nigeria into, right?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by alanto: 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

Joker grin
See Igbo population in Owo town.
Y'all shameless bunches

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by helinues: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:
maybe the only new roofs in your state was built by someone from another region. Look at this dirty Ibadan boy feeling funky.

The last time I travelled from Lagos to Ibadan and back, it was like I visited a massive slum and back to Lagos. The moment I entered Lagos, I felt a relief.
grin

You know ,the biggest dream of Okonkwo in life is to buy a plot of land in any of the obodo SW states

9 Likes

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

When will you guys stop this tribal politics
Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
KGD10:

No, Eko Atlantic na your papa dream.

You talk about flooding which is a normal occurrence, even in the UK, Germany etc.

Look at the irritating dungs in your south east region. This is what you want to turn Nigeria into, right?
Tinubu couldn’t even control bar beach tides, shey na the werey wey wan build city be that. grin

You can even drive around that Eko Atlantic when Tinubu was governor, na Atlantic Ocean go carry you go back Ekiti grin
This dirty ekiti boy telling us lagosians how Eko Atlantic started.
Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Difrent: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Workch:

Your Opinion which you are entitled to.

Yes igbos voted for Obj a yorubaman but NOT the man majority of yorubas wanted to represent their interest. Igbos rather ganged up with fulanis to impose Obj on us.
Most Yorubas dont see Obj presidency as a representative of their wish hence the massive support Tinubu is getting from his people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are “some” Yorubas Being Sentimental About Peter Obi? by Workch: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
helinues:

You know ,the highest dream of Okonkwo in life is to buy a plot of land in any of the obodo SW states
in Lagos, not Ibadan.

Ibadan where my friend pays 150k for 3 bedroom flat. grin

Nothing Dey there. Dirty Ibadan boy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obideints Wants To Take Ownership Of Lagos. Caption. / My Experience With Peter Obi Today In Benin City / Where Are The Peter Obi's Commissioners During His 8 Years As Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.