Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

…. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / …. (766 Views)

Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

…. by Fixitt(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2022
….
Re: …. by chatinent: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2022
I don't get you. You said your dad was the elder brother, and in another part, you said his elder brother collected the receipt and passed it to his son, your cousin.

If your dad had an elder brother, then that was what was played. You made it sound like the children of the elder brothers are irrelevant.

Remember, this was their family house...not even your dad's house. And the same way the son is selfish about it is the same selfish inclinations you bear.

Even if you plan to seek a redress, you don't have a receipt. I'll advise you become more concerned with the property from your immediate dad. Dragging those extended family property has taken many lives.

Just hustle. Your own na your own. Our own still go bi our own.

8 Likes

Re: …. by buttlover(m): 6:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Hotel owners have boys too. Beating him up will worsen the situation.

1 Like

Re: …. by TheStakeHolder(m): 6:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Seek redress in court...
lipsrsealed
Re: …. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Since the said property belongs to your grandfather. It means that all the grandchildren are co owners since there's no written will on that effect.

What you guys should do is to seek redress in court and if you have a good attorney,the court will order for the sale of the said property and the proceeds will be shared among the different families.

But becareful,these kind of cases takes time and can be dangerous meaning it's not for the Lilly livered.
Re: …. by satandeterrible: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Find a good assaisain and assassinate your cousin.
It won't cost that much since he isn't a high profile individual.
I hate injustice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: …. by GumGum: 7:07am On Jun 23, 2022
Your father wasn't the eldest son. The eldest son's child is currently in charge as it should be. Focus on your own father's property.

3 Likes

Re: …. by robinso01(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2022
I'd say if u are doing well with finances,you should let go of the family house. This kind issue always deprive person of peace of mind and can lead to early death. It can leads to ur cousin being after ur life,either diabolical means or the other ways.
Re: …. by ibechris(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2022
According to your tradition as yoruba.

That land is for everyone in your family because I have seen where women even partake in the sharing of property in yoruba land.

For the fact that the property is not more than this one in Mushin,u guys have the inheritable rights to demand for what rightly belongs to every member of the family.

However,if u go to court,u are sure to win this case,since u guys are not igbos whose tradition differs a bit when it comes to inheritance. NB(I am igbo for those who might come with their negativity)

Go for it but if u smell evil coming, just leave him otherwise cases like this might become too bloody.

But I am sure u will win this cos your dad is very much alive to testify and if u want your case to have weight,make a video asking your dad everything about the said land...this is because age is no longer on his side,what if he is not there to give his own side of the story,don't u think the earlier the better?

Make hay when the sun shines.
Good luck to u and the rest of the family.

1 Like

Re: …. by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2022
You mean to say your late uncle who is the eldest among his siblings and also elder than your Dad mistakenly put his son in charge over the family house where you feel your Dad should be in charge
Re: …. by Fixitt(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
You mean to say your late uncle who is the eldest among his siblings and also elder than your Dad mistakenly put his son in charge over the family house where you feel your Dad should be in charge

This is my point
Re: …. by Fixitt(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2022
My take is who is supposed to be in charge of the documents of the family house ?
Is it my dad or my cousin

Besides I’m not fighting for any inheritance
Just feel things should be done properly and in t right way how can someone who is small enough to be my dads son be controlling a Family house when he’s not even the eldest in the family

No be juju be that
Re: …. by Fixitt(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2022
chatinent:
I don't get you. You said your dad was the elder brother, and in another part, you said his elder brother collected the receipt and passed it to his son, your cousin.

If your dad had an elder brother, then that was what was played. You made it sound like the children of the elder brothers are irrelevant.

Thanks

Remember, this was their family house...not even your dad's house. And the same way the son is selfish about it is the same selfish inclinations you bear.

Even if you plan to seek a redress, you don't have a receipt. I'll advise you become more concerned with the property from your immediate dad. Dragging those extended family property has taken many lives.

Just hustle. Your own na your own. Our own still go bi our own.

Re: …. by Georgekyrian(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2022
Find out the cause of your dad's predicament.. then you should know if you are to continue with that tussle.
Your dad is the rightful person for the house and after him comes the son of your eldest uncle (according to Igbo tradition).
You have no say about it and the court have to appear for you to win this case
Re: …. by Richy4(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
<<Your dad should have contested it assuming he wanted..If not, he wouldn't have handed the document to him...(sheepishly or not because people don't just hand over such document if they have a real claim to it)

<<You can't be wiser than your father who chose to ignore it because he knows the true nature and situation of things better than you..

<<Also, the fact that your father is the only surviving member of the family and u feel as the only surviving member, he should handle the property is irrelevant in this case because if it was so, your father would have furnished you with such information where your grand father stipulated that the property should be held by every eldest member of the family...

<<In my ruling, the property is with the rightful individual.. Approach the court clarification.I rise cheesy
Re: …. by Beremx(f): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
Since you are Yoruba, the house belongs to everyone. Your father should sell the house and share the money between him and the representatives of each of his siblings. It’s better it’s done now that he’s alive o!

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Man To Marry You / Understanding why you react the way you do / Lady Reveals What Her Father Did After She Caught The Bouquet At A Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.