Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions (292 Views)

Please How Do I Solve These Difficult Primary 4 QR Questions (pictures) / In What Capacity May I Upgrade My Writing Aptitudes/skills? / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions by Lukgaf(m): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2022
No doubt, many students find approaching quantitative reasoning questions difficult. Many students (including non-STEM teachers) hate to see them. Even parents dislike seeing their wards bringing these questions home as homework. Finding it difficult is not a big deal since you are not the one who posed the challenge.

To understand why not hacking these types of questions is not a big deal, let me give an example. Suppose I hide a key inside a three-bedroom flat and now challenge you to find it. Where would you look for the key? inside the fridge? on top of the television? in the toilet? It might take you an eternity to locate it because you are not the one who kept it.

But the good news about quantitative reasoning questions is that they are straightforward to approach if you understand tips to approach them. I give two tips below to hack these types of questions.

First tip:
Check the shape very well and see if the shape is pointing in a direction. This will assist you to establish a relationship between the numbers. For example, look at the question in the attached image below. The shape is triangular in nature. There are 3 numbers on the vertices of the triangle (9, 2, and 4 1/2) and one inside the triangle. This implies the vertices are related and they are likely to be operated to give the number inside.

Second tip

Immediately, you have established the relationship, think about any arithmetic rule(s) you are going to use to produce the relationship. This rule might be an addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square, square root, or combination of two or more of them. The arithmetic rule(s) that will produce the relationship can not go beyond the abovementioned arithmetic operations except in fewer cases.

For example, if you look at the attached image, when we take the quotient of the two numbers at the bottom vertices i.e., 9 divided by 2, it produces the third number on the top vertice which is 4 1/2. If you square 4 1/2 = 9/4, you are going to have 81/16.

Third tip

You have to beware of the distracters. You must ensure the rule you establish in the second tip works for all the examples you are given. Some examiners intentionally only give questions about rules which only work for the first example.
In this case, the rule we established works for the remaining samples: 12 divided by 4 gives three and the square of 3 gives 9. Similarly, 1/2 divided by 1/2 produces one and the square of 1 is 1 and so we are good to go.

In essence, if you fail to establish whether the established rules work for all the examples, you might make mistakes and get them wrong. After this, you can go ahead and approach the questions.

Re: Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions by Lukgaf(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2022
You can watch some of the tips as explained above here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWi25ESMxQ
Re: Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions by Lukgaf(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Below is the solution to the attached questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU_Bk8jLypU
Re: Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions by Lukgaf(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2022
This thread is FYA lalasticlala, olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi. I am very sure it will really help students, teachers and parents on this platform. Thanks
Re: Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions by Lukgaf(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2022

(1) (Reply)

How To Score A Band 8 In Your IELTS Without Stress / Leading Data Analytics Course - Datafolkz / Usmanu Danfodiyo University Lecturers, Accuse Ngige Of Lying About The Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.