Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me (403 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. / How To Stop Overthinking Everything | The Easiest Way (by Mr.dynamic). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Jackanda1(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2022
I don't know if anybody has this problem, I tend to second guess every move I make. After thinking deeply about a decision(what to say, how to respond, and act) , I end up making decisions I tend to regret. This regret comes with overthinking, over worrying and depression. I could stay indoors going through what I had done or said, wondering what people think about it. This gets me restless for weeks.

The fact is, after making a terrible decision, I try to do a damage control to alleviate the stressful mental state it puts me, only to end up making another terrible decision, then I try again to correct the situation, getting myself into a deeper hole. It keeps going and going until I can't come out.

Another thing is that my emotions is a little fragile. I tend to be easily affected by what people do or say to/about me.

When presented with many options, I struggle to make a choice, when I eventually make it, most of time it turns out to be the wrong one, this is when regret sets in. It happen when I buy stuffs.

I could block you on social media, after telling myself that blocking you is the right thing to do, but after few days my mind tells me i made the wrong decision with reasons, I unblock you, after some days I block again, then unblock again, this keeps going on and on.....

I could edit my social media post a hundred times, even after few weeks of making the post, when I get back to it, I find something to add or remove. If you check my edit history you'd marvel.

I delete a lot of post on social media immediately after making it. My brain always tells me isn't up to standard, your reputation would be ruined etc

I had to delete my social media before I go mad. I'm here because its an anonymous forum.

My brain is never satisfied with a decision. So I subconsciously strife for perfection.

I have to rack my brain before I respond to simply questions, and worry myself to death after.

My parents have these same problem, so it's a blood issue. How can I get out?

I hope seun or lalasticlala can take this to front page before I edit it further grin......
Re: Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2022
1.Practice the art of not changing your mind 2.Trust yourself 3.Get comfortable with mistakes 4.Go easy on yourself.
Re: Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Jackanda1(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Juliet751:
1.Practice the art of not changing your mind 2.Trust yourself 3.Get comfortable with mistakes 4.Go easy on yourself.
Trust me, i have read alot about this, i have all the advice that there is. It's easier said than done.

My major problem is the overthinking, worrying and depression that occurs after making a decision. I can't help it.
Sometimes i hold back from making decisions all together.
lalasticlala
Re: Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2022
Jackanda1:
Trust me, i have read alot about this, i have all the advice that there is. It's easier said than done.

My major problem is the overthinking, worrying and depression that occurs after making a decision. I can't help it.
lalasticlala
Challenge your negative thoughts.
Re: Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2022
Jackanda1:

lalasticlala
Try talk therapy!
Re: Chronic Second Guessing And Overthinking is killing me by Jackanda1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
r231 , freiburger , lalasticlala , seun please do help me put this on the frontpage. More replies are needed.

(1) (Reply)

Rough Diamonds For Sale / Ignorance Of Digital Marketing: The Silent Killers Of Many Business / ASUU Strike:i Swear To God,i Will Sack All Kaduna Lecturers-el-rufai Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.