Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) (1824 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / African Literature - PDF Download / African Literature - Free Ebooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2022
I currently have just under 30 African Literature books. This number pales in comparison to the over 300 foreign literature that I possess. I need more recommendations.

I'll list the ones I have and if you know others that aren't in my library, please suggest for me.

Thanks.
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2022
I'll list them in Alphabetical order using the Author's names.

Don't mind my style. I love art and pictures, and I like to take my time to list the books.
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2022
I have two books from Akwaeke Emezi

First one is: Fresh Water

Picture of Akwaeke Emezi below.

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 23, 2022
I also have The Death of Vivek Orji by Akwaeke Emezi

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Cypress042(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2022
Hermix:
I have two books from Akwaeke Emezi

First one is: Fresh Water
Is this a novel? The title sounds interesting smiley
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2022
The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna

Picture of Aminatta Forna below

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Is this a novel? The title sounds interesting smiley

Yes.
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Cypress042(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Hermix:

Yes.
Can i get it in any bookshop?
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Can i get it in any bookshop?

You might. You can go on Instagram and check for handles of Nigerian literature stores and you'll probably find it on one of those stores. They will ship it your location in Nigeria.
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Cypress042(m): 9:46am On Jun 23, 2022
Hermix:

You might. You can go on Instagram and check for handles of Nigerian literature stores and you'll probably find it on one of those stores. They will ship it your location in Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Stay with me by Ayobami Adebayo

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2022
The Farmished Road by Ben Okri

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2022
The Joys of motherhood by Buchi Emecheta

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2022
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2022
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2022
The Thing around your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2022
No Longer At Ease by Chinua Achebe

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2022
Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2022
Nearly all the Men in Lagos are mad by Damilare Kuku

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Big thumbs up to Damilare Kuku. She's a great actress as well as a good writer. Talent choke!!
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2022
Kintu by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2022
The secret lives of Baba Seyi's wives by Lola Shoneyin

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
In Every Mirror She's Black by Lola Akimade Akerstorm

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Who fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2022
My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyikan Braithwaite

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Everyday for the Thief by Teju Cole

Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2022
So this is my entire African Literature collection. Surprising almost all the authors are female. Hmmm...

Please suggestions are welcome. I need more good African books
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by drippingink3: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
BLACK ASS--A. IGONI BARRET
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by drippingink3: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
BOTTLED LEOPARD--CHUKWUEMEKA IKE
Re: My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 26, 2022
@drippingink3, thanks for the recommendation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Book Reviews For "Feddie Girl By Nona David" / Mirages And Mirrors.... / A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.