Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa (13412 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Road Accident Claims 22 Lives As Bus Goes Up In Flames (Photo) / Boat Accident At Okrika Kalio Rivers, 16 Persons Rescued Alive (Graphic Photos) / Bus Climbs On Top Of Another, Accident Claims Life Along Asaba-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Realists(m): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Sometimes i wonder if these boat drivers really know humans ain't aquatic animals, last weekened this same incident happened angry

I can remember vividly talking about the implementation of life jackets in those areas.

R.I.P to them cool

Bad effects of Alcohol consumption, RIP.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Sleekfingers: 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Mhen this is becoming serious....

Life jackets should be introduced nah....

Lives are being lost on a steady and the authorities kept mute....

I no fi imagine myself sitting inside one small mumu boat speeding on a lagoon....

The fear of water still dey my body....

When I go baptise sef, I nearly cry as them dip me inside water....

Lagos state government is trying in that aspect.......but some idiots still board boats without the driver providing lifejackets...... especially in Epe , badagry

1 Like

Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by rita25(f): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
MAMMY WATER FOR SOUTHERN IJAW DON DY VEX .....MAKE THE CHIEFPRIEST DO GO APPEASE HER OR ELSE MORE WATERTRAGEDIES WILL OCCUR
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Righthussle: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Venomo:
Jesus Christ cry

This is the same name all the passengers shouted when the accident happened, thinking the name would save them but as usual, nothing happened.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Andytyx(m): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Seriously!
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by MrDell: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by swissgoldenpro2: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
This is very sad
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Freebills12: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
May their souls rest in peace. Amen
I know one of the victims, a young girl doing her youth service at Bayelsa. She was going for her mum's funeral at Isuochi but unfortunately it just occurred. Rest in peace Jane.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Ejehkob: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
and bad news na twins

I have always hated this speed boat of a thing, I cannot enter a boat without a roof and a comfortable seat sad
RIP to them

1 Like

Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by saintkeppy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Sometimes i wonder if these boat drivers really know humans ain't aquatic animals, last weekened this same incident happened angry

I can remember vividly talking about the implementation of life jackets in those areas.

R.I.P to them cool

Most of those drivers are always high &driving under the influence of weed&alcohol, in this raining season, poor visibility &the volume of water increases in the river.
It is always safe to travel with your own Life jacket atleast & Bayelsa State government should provide a safer ferry boat for water transport, seriously I don't know what Bayelsa Government is doing with such a high monthly Allocation from FG.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Gemineye: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Govt needs to look into these incidents seriously no be all these live jackets talk...from my experience in Cross river some of these boat parks are very careless, their drivers worse still.. they hardly maintain their boats. I can remember one i entered, this speed boat stopped three times in the middle of the river, the driver was busy Changing from one old plug to another. Sometimes self they'll over load the boat and don't care cuz they're really strong divers and swimmers

1 Like

Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Ebi2233: 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Old news
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Cypress042(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
saintkeppy:

Most of those drivers are always high &driving under the influence of weed&alcohol, in this raining season, poor visibility &the volume of water increases in the river.
It is always safe to travel with your own Life jacket atleast & Bayelsa State government should provide a safer ferry boat for water transport, seriously I don't know what Bayelsa Government is doing with such a high monthly Allocation from FG.
You nailed it.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by kingmsookwagh(m): 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2022
What happened to the necessary PPE e.g life jackets..
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by dominique(f): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
3 fatal accidents in Bayelsa alone within the space of one week, God take control. RIP to the deceased
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Oceanblaze(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Lol
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Babatunde7109(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:

R.I.P to them cool

I don’t know much about the operation of those plying the Southern Ijaw terrain, but I’m certain of those moving from Yenagoa/Nember/Ogbia to Brass. They always ensure that passengers use their life vests before leaving the ‘jetty’.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Cypress042(m): 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
Babatunde7109:

I don’t know much about the operation of those plying the Southern Ijaw terrain, but I’m certain of those moving from Yenagoa/Nember/Ogbia to Brass. They always ensure that passengers use their life vests before leaving the ‘jetty’.
That's commendable.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by lilyheaven: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
I cannot, and will never enter a boat without a life jacket.
They felt they can sail without a jacket, yet they cannot swim.
They died out of their own negligence.
Cypress042:

R.I.P to them cool
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Babatunde7109(m): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Cypress042:
That's commendable.

Yeah.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Cypress042(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
lilyheaven:
I cannot, and will never enter a boat without a life jacket. They felt they can sail without a jacket, yet they cannot swim. They died out of their own negligence.
You forgot to add Ignorance too.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by bigcasava1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Routine sacrifice, it happened last year or last two years.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Bigchristo22(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
post=114074219:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/23/tragedy-again-boat-accident-claims-eight-lives-in-bayelsa/
I can’t risk myself using boat in this country were nothing is reliable.
Re: Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
shocked sadIt may sound strange,but who knows whether water spirits thirsty for blood aren't responsible for most cases of drownings of river travellers and swimmers, in riverine areas.
Many cases of boat accidents aren't just mere accidents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Away Two Teenagers In Delta / Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / Foreign Airlines Lobby Governors, Others For More Flight Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.