Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop (380 Views)

I Need A Used Laptop, Core I7, 8th Gen Upward. / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / What To Check When Buying A Used Laptop: Be Street Smart, Don't Get Ripped Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop by Jirilistic(m): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
I intend getting a used laptop either HP dell or Lenovo. I'll be using it for online classes which may last for hours every day and also for some little offline gaming like pes 2021 or pes 22
I have this specs in mind
6 or 8gb ram
core i5 at least 4th or 5th gen
256 or 500gb storage space
at least 1 or 2gb vram
(this is my 1st time purchasing a laptop and since it's used, like how many hours battery life should I expect?)
my budget is 170k max
is my budget good to go?
Re: Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop by majesticguy: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Well for the battery life, it all depends on how long the previous owner has used the laptop prior to your purchase and the state at which they(the previous owners) got it( you could be the second, third or fourth user). If you are the second user, then the battery ought to be fairly ok......

Laptops with dedicated graphics are usually power hungry. Well again, on some of them, the graphics are switchable to either Intel or dedicated. So, 3-4 hours of runtime should suffice for those kinda laptops. But if you get a laptop without a switchable graphics option(try to avoid em'), then, you should get up to 2 hours. You could also get a secondary battery as backup to compliment your primary battery.

Whatever laptop you decide to get, just make sure you do your research and read reviews about it.

Your budget is very much ok for a 1gb vram, it's also kinda ok for 2gb vram.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop by davidadenrele: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hello,

I am dealer in all kinds of high brands laptops at the moment i have something you, will have no regret buying HP Probook G3, Corei5, 256ssd hard disk, 8gbram, memory, webcam, wifi, usbport, hdmi, backlit keyboard the battery is 4hrs plus very clean.

You can reach via whatsapp or call on 08023900627.

Regards

David
Re: Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop by Jirilistic(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2022
Thanks so much this was helpful
I think on the battery aspect, in the end it's all based on trust cus the seller in a bid to sell might not be truthful about the battery life. Or is there like a place in the laptop to check for battery life?
majesticguy:
Well for the battery life, it all depends on how long the previous owner has used the laptop prior to your purchase and the state at which they(the previous owners) got it( you could be the second, third or fourth user). If you are the second user, then the battery ought to be fairly ok......

Laptops with dedicated graphics are usually power hungry. Well again, on some of them, the graphics are switchable to either Intel or dedicated. So, 3-4 hours of runtime should suffice for those kinda laptops. But if you get a laptop without a switchable graphics option(try to avoid em'), then, you should get up to 2 hours. You could also get a secondary battery as backup to compliment your primary battery.

Whatever laptop you decide to get, just make sure you do your research and read reviews about it.

Your budget is very much ok for a 1gb vram, it's also kinda ok for 2gb vram.

Re: Please I Need Advice On Getting A Used Laptop by majesticguy: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Jirilistic:
Thanks so much this was helpful
I think on the battery aspect, in the end it's all based on trust cus the seller in a bid to sell might not be truthful about the battery life. Or is there like a place in the laptop to check for battery life?

The battery percentage & duration is always displayed on the bottom right of the Task bar, but most times it doesn't really reflect the actual thing...........Well this suggestion might sound kinda excessive or over the top. If you're getting the laptop in person and directly from a store(not online), you could run the battery down there to see if it's what the seller says it's is.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Available For Sales Macbook Pro 2017 512gb SSD 8gb RAM For 290k / Dell E5540 500gb HDD 16gb RAM 2gb Dedicated Graphics For 165k / I Have A Laptop Worth Your Money, Open This Link So See More Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.