Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,702 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:39 PM

Niching VS Going Wide In Marketing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Niching VS Going Wide In Marketing (90 Views)

Voice2content Review: Unleash The Power Of Your Voice In Marketing / Why Businesses Should Always Engage In Marketing / MADE IN Naija(share The Challenge You Have In Marketing Your Goods) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Niching VS Going Wide In Marketing by TavershimaAyede(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
If you’re reading this post I assume you’ve already been converted to the religion of sales and marketing.

You know that marketing is important because it helps build awareness with your potential customers about who you are, and the services you provide.

You know that’s good because it’ll help with your brand recognition when you start approaching people to do business with you, or when you start sending people out to sell on your behalf.

And I’m sure you’re not one of those people who argue whether it’s “branding over sales” because you know that both of them work in tandem to give you a healthy profit margin.

Now that we know you subscribe to everything above, a possible question for some of you is “why aren’t my margins growing?”

The answer could be because of deficiencies in your sales process, but today I’d like to look at areas where your marketing falls short.

Sometimes your marketing isn't working because you're not targeted enough... you're going “wide” instead of “niche”.

Wide is trying to talk to everyone.

Niche is talking to a particular type of person. A niche is a smaller segment of the population that has specific needs, identities and common interests.

When you try talking to everyone, no one in particular has any incentive to listen.

If someone feels like they’re being spoken to in particular, they’ll listen and it will build some resonance with the marketing or advertising you’re putting out.

If you start with a niche, you'll attract others eventually.

(1) (Reply)

Content Writing / How To Operate The Canned Motor Pump Correctly / Power BI Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.