Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing (567 Views)

Alleged Organ Harvesting: Ekweremadu, Wife Plead Not Guilty To Charges / How My Journey To UK For A Job Turned To Organ Harvesting- Davido Nwamini Narrat / Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by jnig: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
The social media is agog with different versions of the alleged crime of Senator Ekweremadu and his wife. What exactly is the true state of things? Farooq Kperogi, in his characteristic manner has thrown a little light to help clarify the issue. He noted that the alleged crime is "Organ Harvesting", a crime that is totally different from Ritual Killing.

Farooq Kperogi wrote:

"Organ harvesting doesn't mean killing someone and selling their body parts for "money" or other kinds of "ritual."

It's a term for surgically removing a body organ, such as a kidney, from a healthy person who can live without it and transplanting it to the body of someone who is in danger of dying without it.

It's a crime in the UK and elsewhere if this is done without the consent of the organ donor.

Ekweremadu's child needs an organ to survive, and he is alleged to have brought in a donor from Nigeria whose consent he and his wife didn't seek.

Contrary to what people are saying on social media, he didn't plan on killing someone and harvesting his body parts for "ritual."

Some Naija people no go kill pesin with their atavistic thinking. Everything is "ritual sacrifice"�"
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by Crixxx: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Afonja Muslims desperate want to paint that picture they think he is on of their kinsmen.

Anyway I believe this issue will be resolved soon and the boy I saw is an old man who will be able to speak for himself.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by God1000(m): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2022
Such baloney, trying to defend the indefensible
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by helinues: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2022
Which kind were justification be this?
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by helinues: 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:
Afonja Muslims desperate want to paint that picture they think he is on of their kinsmen.

Anyway I believe this issue will be resolved soon and the boy I saw is an old man who will be able to speak for himself.

Do some of you people sometimes reflect on your activities on this forum?

What's the business of Afonja's with Ikeremadu's predicament. How many Yoruba's have heard about this news?

Make u people dey reason these things before dropping them online
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by richie240: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Lolz..... .
If a senator Kabir or a senator Gbajabiamila had been arrested for this, we for no hear word again o, we know how d narratives go be!
It would be link to kabir's religion (Islam) and gbajabiamila's region (Yoruba)!

One of them up there is already shouting 'afonja' on a thread that involves Igbo man, I nor torkam?
cool
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by Crixxx: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
helinues:

Do some of you people sometimes reflect in your activities on this forum?

What's the business of Afonja's with Ikeremadu predicament. How many Yoruba have heard about this news?

Make u people dey reason these things before dropping them online

Basically all and they are rejoicing over it forgetting their child or they themselves might someday get I'll and will need help then same situation will befall them. I need no one to tell me from their type of comments and monikers, you can already tell who they are. Goat no Dy smell like crayfish.
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by inoki247: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
I don't know why u people dey open thread to du Shalaye up nd down other region hardly make fun of people's predicament cos life can fvck anybody up....

Assuming this was the other way round we know aw many thread and different names wey u people go don run give odas....

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by helinues: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

Basically all and they are rejoicing over it forgetting their child or they themselves might someday get I'll and will need help then same situation will befall them. I need no one to tell me from their type of comments and monikers, you can already tell who they are. Goat no Dy smell like crayfish.

You deliberately ignored my questions. How many Afonja's have heard or read about this news? What impact would their rejoice about this news change in their lives or this just an assumption of what you people are capable of doing?
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by IamWonderful: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Those that makes it less a crime, those it mean organs harvesting is good? what if the guy lose his life in the process of his organs been harvested
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by helinues: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

Hahaha I only classified your question type. I never insulted you

Explain that to mods.
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by Crixxx: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
helinues:

Explain that to mods.

Lol ok
Re: Ekweremadu: Organ Harvesting Isn't Ritual Killing by jnig: 1:25am On Jun 24, 2022
IamWonderful:
Those that makes it less a crime, those it mean organs harvesting is good? what if the guy lose his life in the process of his organs been harvested

No. Not really. It will be a crime if he is found guilty. You should however note that there seems to be more to this issue. If the pictures of the said organ donor that are making the waves are true, he is certainly not a 15 year old boy. By implication, the young man is matured enough to know what was at stake even before traveling to UK. More so, from the letter that the accused people have released, it seems the British authorities were notified. So, while we leave the matter for the court's to handle, what Kperogi is saying is, the crime should not be interpreted as an equivalent of ritual killing; it's a case of an organ donor alerting the authorities in a foreign land (after he has agreed to travel from Nigeria to the UK for the purpose), that he was brought against his wish.

(1) (Reply)

Bode George: I Can Bet Any Amount Of Money, Tinubu Does Not Have Certificates. / Tinubu Sacrificed His Life For Nigeria, Deserves Presidency -farouk Aliyu / Babachir Lawal: Muslim/muslim Ticket A Disastrous Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.