Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi (622 Views)

Neymar Offers His PSG Shirt To Lionel Messi / Georgina Rodriguez Gifts Ronaldo Mercedes BRABUS Of N242m On His 35th Birthday / Obafemi Martins Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Baloranking(m): 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Happy birthday to Messi, the greatest to ever try kicking a ball. Happy Birthday to the man of miracles Lionel Messi. I am so glad to be born in Messi's time. Happy Birthday to the greatest footballer ever in the world.

Lionel Andrès Messi, undoubtedly one of the greatest footballers to have played the game of football, turns 35 today. Born on 24 June, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina, Messi signed up with Spain’s FC Barcelona at the age of 13 and has since become one of the greatest footballers to have played the game.

Here are some records held by messi:

1) Most Ballon d’Or wins – 7
With Messi and Ronaldo both finally showing their human side and declining, their era of dominating the Ballon d’Or awards has seemingly drawn to a close. In that time, Ronaldo managed to steal five away from Messi, which is a serious testament to his own abilities.

Winning five Ballon d’Or’s in Messi’s era is one hell of an accomplishment. Messi’s seven will never be topped. The man found levels that nobody will reach again.

2) Most goals in a calendar year – 91
Nine goals away from scoring 100 goals within a 365 day period. That is truly unfathomable numbers.

Producing the mesmerising feat in 2012, nobody has come close to Messi’s 91 goal year since. Still sitting in second place is Gerd Muller, who scored 85 goals in 1972. If that doesn’t tell you just how freakish a scoring run that was from Messi, nothing will.

3) Most goals for one singular club – 672
Leaving Barcelona was always going to be emotional, but leaving under the circumstances he did made matters a lot worse. Messi’s spell in Catalonia was perhaps the best spell from a player at a club ever.

4) Most European Golden Shoes – 6
Awarded to the leading goal scorer across Europe’s top divisions, Messi of course has a trophy cabinet full of European Golden Shoes, as if he’s got a collection going on.

5) Most Champions League hat-tricks – 8
Admittedly this is one of very few records that feel slightly beatable, Messi currently has the most Champions League hat-tricks, but is closely followed by Cristiano Ronaldo’s seven.

However, with Ronaldo looking set to not play Champions League football by sticking with Manchester United, there is a genuine possibility he might not get another chance to take that record, leaving it up to either Robert Lewandowski or Karim Benzema in third and fourth respectively.

All six of them were won at Barcelona, the last three of which were all won back to back from 2016 to 2019. Freakish firing rates.

6) Most La Liga hat-tricks – 36
For many players – even strikers – scoring one or two career hat-tricks is a luxury that one won’t ever forget. Messi can’t even remember half of the hat-tricks he’s scored, for some perspective.

Seriously, 36 times he’s put at least three goals past one team in La Liga. That’s ridiculous. If he didn’t have to move on, there’s no doubt in our minds he could’ve reached 40 for Barça.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, semid4lyfe, honeric01 fp please
Seun Dominique

Read more at:
https://www.latestly.com/sports/football/lionel-messi-birthday-special-5-unbelievable-records-held-by-the-argentina-and-psg-star-3864279.html

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by HarlequinLekex: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2022
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT LEGEND!!! Wishing the best after your football career.

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by HarlequinLekex: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2022
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT LEGEND!!! Wishing the best after your football career.

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by blazingblender(m): 12:07am On Jun 24, 2022
Happy birthday dude
But atleast it's high time you retired
You have tried
You can't keep competing with young blood

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Baloranking(m): 12:10am On Jun 24, 2022
blazingblender:
Happy birthday dude
You have tried

We will definitely miss the days of messi if he retires embarassed

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by bibianna(f): 12:18am On Jun 24, 2022
Happy birthday star boy! smiley

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Samakus(m): 1:17am On Jun 24, 2022
Happy birthday small G.O.A.T

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Deborah98(f): 2:30am On Jun 24, 2022
Happy birthday Messi smiley. I love watching him play. God bless your new age.

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by LadyD22(f): 2:54am On Jun 24, 2022
So many talented people were born in June , e.g me grin Happy Birthday crush

2 Likes

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Adeolaeniola(m): 4:57am On Jun 24, 2022
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE FOOTBALL LEGEND

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by paulolee(m): 6:14am On Jun 24, 2022
happy birthday to the one n only GOAT..messi is the definition of football, he did great numbers, won so many games himself for his team, gave us a lot of exciting nites with his magical performance..
Lord please I want to see another lionel messi before I stop watching football..
a player with d most ballon d or n dt av won so many awards n trophies, wat else can u ask for, messi is so talented and can be easily be called d S.I unit of football, all players look up to him for comparison, messi av placed the bar too high n I dnt see any other player dead or alive dt can reach the numbers he had done..
for example, he is d only player dt av won ballon d or within 3 different decades...2000-2010, 2010-2020 n 2020-2030, dts a perfect definition of the world CONSISTENCY...

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by paulolee(m): 6:15am On Jun 24, 2022
Samakus:
Happy birthday small G.O.A.T
we know were u from....ur opinion though

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by paulolee(m): 6:16am On Jun 24, 2022
blazingblender:
Happy birthday dude
You have tried
na cr7 need this advise pass...messi is younger n playing with less pressure bcoz he gat a good squad, cr7 looks frustrated n I always pity him whenever I see him losing shamelessly in united.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Samakus(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2022
paulolee:

we know were u from....ur opinion though

cheesy grin
Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by kenzysmith: 7:35am On Jun 24, 2022
Champions league at PSG and world cup will always elude him
Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by BlaqFaze: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2022
kenzysmith:
Champions league at PSG and world cup will always elude him
Europa league at Man u and world cup will always elude your ewu undecided

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Glead(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Happy birthday !

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Baloranking(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Nairaland mods are lowkey haters. Smh

1 Like

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by Paulsmile1(m): 9:48am On Jun 24, 2022
Nairaland Mods and their hatred for Messi is just so glaring. This should have made fp since.. Anyway they can keep hating..

Happy Birthday to the Greatest Player, Greatest Goalscorer, Greatest Dribbler, Greatest Passer and The Greatest Playmaker of all time, Leo Messi �...

3 Likes

Re: Happy 35th Birthday To Lionel Messi by HarlequinLekex: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2022
paulolee:

na cr7 need this advise pass...messi is younger n playing with less pressure bcoz he gat a good squad, cr7 looks frustrated n I always pity him whenever I see him losing shamelessly in united.
That's true

(1) (Reply)

BALLON D'OR 2022 - FINALISTS / 500 Odds Challenge And A Chance To Win 5,000 Naira / Betting Sites Restricting You From Playing Bets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.