Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? (1224 Views)

Another Unknown Helicopter Sighted In Enugu Forests (Pics, Video) / Rochas Okorocha's Presidential Campaign Buses Sighted In London Streets / 250 Elephants Sighted In Boko Haram’s Battlefield In Borno (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 1:04am On Jun 24, 2022
I will give it straight. Peter Obi is the best candidate between the main 3. If you disagree you are lying to yourself. Its the obvious choice. The other 2 are literally wanted criminals.

We are talking about the future of you and your family. Yet your concern is spiting a random Igbo person. People are saying "So Nigeria is no longer a zoo". Not realising they are infact aiding that comment with their behaviour. Like an animal being baited back into its cage. Nigeria is a zoo and there is someone who has a chance of making it a country.

Then others would say, "Igbo people are voting their own cause he is Igbo". When looking at history Igbo people havent voted their own. Yet everyone else has consistently.

Then these same people have accused Igbo people of being the problem of Nigeria for being tribalistic. Yet your own tribalism is literally grabbing your brain here. For tribalism you want to vote the same breed that has ruled you into suffering all these years?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by specialmati(m): 1:06am On Jun 24, 2022
cool cool cool PDP messed with people brains but it was still intact that why they voted PDP out and APC came. Now APC has useless the peoples brain none is using their brain again. There is a way person will deal with you that you will lose your senses. That is what has happened to Nigeria. APC made sure nothing is working again within 8years of rule. So now if you want to complain where will you start from. Rising of food items, security, infrastructure, tell me nigerian are confuse now. Thats why I keep telling them to vote Peter Obi so that they can be delivered because if not the country is gone

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 1:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Before anyone comes here to fight me. I am not interested in an ego struggle. If you want to reply, reply with class and show you have knowledge. It will be counter-intuitive to behave like a zoo animal in reply to me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Deborah98(f): 2:20am On Jun 24, 2022
My brother don't mind them. I don't know how some people reason, even as aged as my grand aunt is,she said she will vote her choice and this time someone who is capable of delivering. Some people just want/like to suffer. The 5k they'll give you is equally as useless as you stepping out of your house in the first place. Let's just leave tribalism here and face reality for once. Well I may not be that varst in politics but I can literally tell that this is one of the most talked about elections and this too is one of the times people have in unison agree on something. The interest of people to a large extent is who can deliver?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by maybet081: 2:38am On Jun 24, 2022
Obi is really competent for the job I pray that Nigerians give him the required support this is not the time for tribalism at all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by UrPapa: 2:47am On Jun 24, 2022
But the question is “Is Nigeria no more a zoo” and “are we not animals anymore”

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Bravetunde: 2:54am On Jun 24, 2022
UrPapa:
Yes triballist, now runn along and vote for a confirmed theivee, drug dealer,lekki gate killerr,owo killerr and the most corruptt politician in Africa while the majority votes for a competent Gregory obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Kingspin(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2022
If Tinubu or Atiku says Obi is the better candidate watch all of them will say Yes by force
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Cromagnon: 4:15am On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:
I will give it straight. Peter Obi is the best candidate between the main 3. If you disagree you are lying to yourself. Its the obvious choice. The other 2 are literally wanted criminals.

We are talking about the future of you and your family. Yet your concern is spiting a random Igbo person. People are saying "So Nigeria is no longer a zoo". Not realising they are infact aiding that comment with their behaviour. Like an animal being baited back into its cage. Nigeria is a zoo and there is someone who has a chance of making it a country.

Then others would say, "Igbo people are voting their own cause he is Igbo". When looking at history Igbo people havent voted their own. Yet everyone else has consistently.

Then these same people have accused Igbo people of being the problem of Nigeria for being tribalistic. Yet your own tribalism is literally grabbing your brain here. For tribalism you want to vote the same breed that has ruled you into suffering all these years?
Ibo ppl started the racism

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Cromagnon: 4:16am On Jun 24, 2022
Bravetunde:

Yes triballist, now runn along and vote for a confirmed theivee, drug dealer,lekki gate killerr,owo killerr and the most corruptt politician in Africa while the majority votes for a competent Gregory obi.
competent how? Is Anambra competent?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by UrPapa: 4:37am On Jun 24, 2022
Bravetunde:

grin
See pesin wey no be tribalist grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Randerl: 4:37am On Jun 24, 2022
My Candidate is zMy Choice To Vote. And in this community we are Going for Tinubu or Kwankwaso.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Cromagnon:
Ibo ppl started the racism
Oh he started it.. oh they started it. Like a child. You can tell me when "Ibo ppl started the racism" I will give you an older example against Igbo people. Thats not how rational people think. Do blame game from now to thy kingdom come, it is useless.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
Randerl:
My Candidate is zMy Choice To Vote. And in this community we are Going for Tinubu or Kwankwaso.
I know its your choice. I still tell you if you pick any of the other two, you are short-sighted. This isnt an opinion, its a fact. Nigerians normal reasoning for everyone other sane country is the epitome of backwardness.

Disclaimer: Before people twist this comment as an insult. I will give it some padding. I mean Nigerians often know that their reasoning is very flawed but they have so many other people around them with the same mindset whether against them or for them that they thinking its fine to fight for ego and not for truth.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
Cromagnon:
competent how? Is Anambra competent?
Lets say you decided Obi is not competent, you cannot tell me that 2 confirmed super criminals whom are also incompetent are a better choice.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
UrPapa:

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Eniitankorede: 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

OP have you smoked ganja tonight? Where is Tinubu wanted? He goes to US and other countries without any hindrance. Their ambassadors visit him at home. Yes, we know Atiku is a wanted criminal, he cannot visit US. Meanwhile, Peter Obi should be in jail by now for the 250 million money he laundered to Lagos while he was Governor. He should thank his stars that EFCC is a lame dock presently. Otherwise he should be in prison.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Eniitankorede:

OP have you smoked ganja tonight? Where is Tinubu wanted? He goes to US and other countries without any hindrance. Their ambassadors visit him at home. Yes, we know Atiku is a wanted criminal, he cannot visit US. Meanwhile, Peter Obi should be in jail by now for the 250 million money he laundered to Lagos while he was Governor. He should thank his stars that EFCC is a lame dock presently. Otherwise he should be in prison.

I am sorry Eniitan, no he isn't wanted he, is just a high level criminal. Are you happy now?
Yes pick Tinubu a true representation of Nigerian elitism, godfatherism and corruption.
Go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
From Obidient to Toxident

grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bravetunde:

You just practiced what you accused others of

Sir Kettle , I hail oo
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I know its your choice. I still tell you if you pick any of the other two, you are short-sighted. This isnt an opinion, its a fact. Nigerians normal reasoning for everyone other sane country is the epitome of backwardness.

Disclaimer: Before people twist this comment as an insult. I will give it some padding. I mean Nigerians often know that their reasoning is very flawed but they have so many other people around them with the same mindset whether against them or for them that they thinking its fine to fight for ego and not for truth.

You are just arrogant with your opinion
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

You are just arrogant with your opinion

I am not arrogant. Just for this particular thing, it is like me arguing with people about whether water or poison is more healthy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:
From Obidient to Toxident

grin

Mhm. I am toxic personally. I am not here to recruit anyone who is engaged in ego battle. I didnt come here to rub my ego with you. You have won. Vote tinubu or atiku.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I am not arrogant. Just for this particular thing, it is like me arguing with people about whether water or poison is more healthy.

What wonders did Obi do in Anambra state that makes him the best cold beer on a sunny day?

Did Obiano destroy all the legacy of Obi in the last 8 years in Anambra that Obi's supporters are struggling to point out to his extra ordinary achievements in the state?

Is it right to say those who are supporting Obi are deluded just because they are not supporting what I am supporting?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by leksite120(m): 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bravetunde:

no matter what u do, don't ever tag someone to a crime he never did. How can u call him Owo killer and lekki gate killer when he is not even controlling any security agency. Do you know what it means to call someone a killer? He is not even trialed for such. Imagine calling your father a killer when it's obvious he didn't kill anyone, how would you feel.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

What wonders did Obi do in Anambra state that makes him the best cold beer on a sunny day?

Did Obiano destroy all the legacy of Obi in the last 8 years in Anambra that Obi's supporters are struggling to point out to his extra ordinary achievements in the state?

Is it right to say those who are supporting Obi are deluded just because they are not supporting what I am supporting?

If you are voting a candidate that isnt Tinubu or Atiku. Hey I am all for you presenting them and showing why they are better than Obi. That is the direction I like.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Mhm. I am toxic personally. I am not here to recruit anyone who is engaged in ego battle. I didnt come here to rub my ego with you. You have won. Vote tinubu or atiku.

Your toxicity can't even work here cos repellant is always available.

I really don't know why it is hard for Obi's supporters to run their campaign without attacking others.

Obi deserves better that his toxic supporters who are sending people away from him as they are not interested in listening to others opinions except theirs

Btw, you can't be toxic without being arrogant. Self praising one's toxic level is arrogant itself
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

If you are voting a candidate that isnt Tinubu or Atiku. Hey I am all for you presenting them and showing why they are better than Obi. That is the direction I like.

Please tell us how Obi is better than Tinubu

Let's compare their achievements, legacies and their managerial skill
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
helinues:

Your toxicity can't even work here cos repellant is always available.

I really don't know why it is hard for Obi's supporters to run their campaign without attacking others.

Obi deserves better that his toxic supporters who are sending people away from him as they are not interested in listening to others opinions except theirs

You are misunderstanding me. I am no hardcore Peter Obi man. However I am certainly a hardcore anti-bias man. Which is what is being done when comparing the THREE candidates. Obi, Tinubu and Atiku. If there is a candidate that isnt those 3 that you can prove is better than Obi I will sit an listen.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by helinues: 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

You are misunderstanding me. I am no hardcore Peter Obi man. However I am certainly a hardcore anti-bias man. Which is what is being done when comparing the THREE candidates. Obi, Tinubu and Atiku. If there is a candidate that isnt those 3 that you can prove is better than Obi I will sit an listen.

Obi is not even close to Tinubu when it comes to who can manage and unite Nigerians together. Tinubu's diversity about things have already proved that. The only problem I have with Tinubu's presidency is the health and age
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by Bravetunde: 12:00am On Jun 25, 2022
leksite120:
no matter what u do, don't ever tag someone to a crime he never did. How can u call him Owo killer and lekki gate killer when he is not even controlling any security agency. Do you know what it means to call someone a killer? He is not even trialed for such. Imagine calling your father a killer when it's obvious he didn't kill anyone, how would you feel.
Is theivenubu the name of anybody,I too know.busyy bodyy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Short-sighted In Politics? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 12:02am On Jun 25, 2022
helinues:

Please tell us how Obi is better than Tinubu

Let's compare their achievements, legacies and their managerial skill

Its obvious. Tinubu is running for APC the same party of Buhari the puppet and the reason Nigeria is in the mess it is today. He also is the suspect of criminal activity investigations regards to drug peddling and known to have unethical money grabbing practices along side his wife who is renown for trying to tax what she doesnt own. In other words why would a reasonable person vote the spitting image of the ruling political class into power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Should Choose Vp From The North Central / Have 'obidats' Conceded Defeat So Soon? / Peter Obi Caught Taken A Long Nap At Emir's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.