Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Isn't It Too Expensive Maintainin Two House Of Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isn't It Too Expensive Maintainin Two House Of Lawmakers (545 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / IMPEACHMENT ; Intrigues Of Lawmakers’ Defection In Rivers. / Is It Not Too Expensive Maintaining Two House Of Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Isn't It Too Expensive Maintainin Two House Of Lawmakers by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
I found out that it is too expensive maintaining the two chambers of the legistrators. Nigeria have the senate which is made up of 109 members and the house of representitive which is made up of 360 members, together Nigeria have 469 lawmakers. The country is spending billions yearly paying thier salary, thier office maintaince allowance, thier home renovation allowance, thier constiteuncy allowance and thier foreign trips allowance Isn't it too expensive maintaining the two chambers? Why cant we pratice one chamber legistration? Are we better than countries praticing it? Some lawmakers only visit thier constituency during election period, some cant boost of one project during thier stay as lawmakers, still thier are payed well yearly. I think having one chamber will make passing of bills and amendment of constitutions faster and less stressful cus it will only pass through one chamber before the president sign it into law unlike what is the case here in Nigeria were bills has to pass through the two chambers before being sign into law. I also think that the money used to maintain the two chambers lawmakers can be use to maintain only one chamber and enough money will be saved to solve other problems facing the country. What is your views and opinions on this isuess. hier constituency during election period, some cant boost of one project during thier stay as lawmakers, still thier are payed well yearly. I think having one chamber will make passing of bills and amendment of constitutions faster and less stressful cus it will only pass through one chamber before the president sign it into law unlike what is the case here in Nigeria were bills has to pass through the two chambers before being sign into law. I also think that the money used to maintain the two chambers lawmakers can be use to maintain only one chamber and enough money will be saved to solve other problems facing the country. What is your views and opinions on this isuess.

(1) (Reply)

Police Killed 23 After Bomb Attack – Amnesty / Another 19 Billion Ngn Into Phcn! / 9/11 Ten Years On!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.