Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Candid Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Candid Advice (468 Views)

US Student Loan Crisis A Struggle Towards Lucrative Job Opportunities For Candid / Please I Need Your Candid Advice / Need Candid Answer Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Advice by yemmyyemmy60: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pls, I'll need candid advice...
I've been able to raise little cash and confused either to start a POS business or just get a laptop and dedicate my all and learn some stuffs and start earning from it...
Please what would you advice??

1 Like

Re: Candid Advice by devdev: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
yemmyyemmy60:
I've been able to raise little cash and confused either to start a POS business or just get a laptop and dedicate my all and learn some stuffs and start earning from it...
Option 2 if feeding, shelter and electricity won't be a constraint.

2 Likes

Re: Candid Advice by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
Guy start POS business then use your earnings to get a laptop

No rush bro

They're millions of devs in front of u already.
U will need food & energy to overtake

Get earnings means first before starting

5 Likes

Re: Candid Advice by The5DME(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
yemmyyemmy60:
Please, start the POS business, and get a Laptop to learn whatever you need to learn later.

1 Like

Re: Candid Advice by Xedmark: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2022
yemmyyemmy60:

I believe you know that POS business comes with some funny risk and it takes alot of patients with customers? Can you be very calm and polite even when a customer is raging due to network issue? I'm not into any form of POS business but I have them around me. Get A laptop, There are endless things you can do with your laptop if you're good at whatever skill-set you have. Trust me, What you need right now is a laptop and some programming skills.

1 Like

Re: Candid Advice by yemmyyemmy60: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2022
This is one community I'll never regret following. Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Candid Advice by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2022
Xedmark:

I believe you know that POS business comes with some funny risk and it takes alot of patients with customers? Can you be very calm and polite even when a customer is raging due to network issue? I'm not into any form of POS business but I have them around me. Get A laptop, There are endless things you can do with your laptop if you're good at whatever skill-set you have. Trust me, What you need right now is a laptop and some programming skills.

For me sha I believe in POS business the gain is more than the risk.

The network issue happens say in 1/10 customers

OP can easily make 3-4K per day

Then save for 2 months and get a laptop.

No internet skill will start paying substantial amount in a month

Even G
Re: Candid Advice by thanksjosh005: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2022
I am not trying to sound discouraging but POS business is very saturated and competitive. That's why I have to ask do you have a unique selling point, a strategy or something that distinguishes you from your competitors? Else you'll find out the competitors around you has the more lead than you do. I am trying to say now that have you considered the viability? But you can always give it a try if you're starting small. The odds may be in your favor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Recruiter are Looking For Full Stack Developers / I Made Some Chrome Extensions / Free Training In Graphic Design In This Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.