Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees (1151 Views)

These 5 Reasons Make Sublimated Polo Shirts So Popular With Employees / The Best Employment Lawyers Work Directly With Employees To Solve Matter / Top Ways To Communicate Better With Employees – The 5 Best Ways To Communicate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Guys, employees have shared experience they had with bosses or business owners, I think it fair we share our experience (s).

I won't lie. I have seen it many times, every day. In daylight and darkest nights. I have seen people discussing their problems and at the end the solve the problem by setting up a business

But these are business owners. They are entrepreneurs who want to make more money. They are startups, small business owners, and local businesses who need more reach and more revenues. People who just want to leverage people to double their profits and hit their targets. As a result they employe, but employees come with their own problems.

Let's me start,

After setting up the business I needed someone to manage the finance department, I employed this young chap, but at the end of the day had to let him go, he pretty much forged everything from his certificate to CV.

Another one connived with the drivers to siphon fuels.

When they say Nigerian graduates are unemployable, I think they are right because, how do you explain how an engineer who claimed he went to the university CANNOT explain basic terms or a graduate of finance CANNOT under basic concept in their field.

Kindly share your experience as a business owner in respect to experience(s)
with your employee(s).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by FreeStuffsNG: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Guys, employees have shared experience they had with bosses or business owners, I think it fair we share our experience (s).

I won't lie. I have seen it many times, every day. In daylight and darkest nights. I have seen people discussing their problems and at the end the solve the problem by setting up a business

But these are business owners. They are entrepreneurs who want to make more money. They are startups, small business owners, and local businesses who need more reach and more revenues. People who just want to leverage people to double their profits and hit their targets. As a result they employe, but employees come with their own problems.

Let's me start,

After setting up the business I needed someone to manage the finance department, I employed this young chap, but at the end of the day had to let him go, he pretty much forged everything from his certificate to CV.

Another one connived with the drivers to siphon fuels.

When they say Nigerian graduates are unemployable, I think they are right because, how do you explain how an engineer who claimed he went to the university CANNOT explain basic terms or a graduate of finance CANNOT under basic concept in their field.

Kindly share your experience as a business owner in respect to experience(s)
with your employee(s).

We have been extremely lucky and they are mostly through referrals from network of high performers .

If you keep hiring the dregs, lazy, morally-bankrupt and horribly damaged employees then check yourself , the company you keep and raise the low bar of entry you set for recruitment.

There are still great employees out there but I am not sure if Nairaland is a great place to find those folks.

Most of them are not active social media users and even when you hire them, you are less likely to find them using your company internet and official hours watching films and idlying away on the social media.

5 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=114129840]
We have been extremely lucky and they are mostly through referrals from network of high performers .

The bar has always been raised from the word go
If you keep hiring the dregs, lazy, morally-bankrupt and horribly damaged employees then check yourself , the company you keep and raise the low bar of entry you set for recruitment.

Different stroke for different folks, the person in charge of my finance department is from NL
There are still great employees out there but I am not sure if Nairaland is a great place to find those folks.

Most of them are not active social media users and even when you hire them, you are less likely to find them using your company internet and official hours watching films and idlying away on the social media.
This is another area most employees don't know it's a NO-NO, they just feel it's their rights

1 Like

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by SMJay: 3:06am On Jun 25, 2022
In response to the first commenter, I bet to disagree with your assertion, because you can find bad employees every where.

Let me add my two cents

You get invited for an interview and you don't know a thing or two about the organization you wish to work

You should be able to defend what you wrote on your CV otherwise I question your certificate.

I recall, there was an opening for a receptionist and this young lady excellent results but doesn't know the job description she did in her last job, okay fair ent not everyone is good with theory.

I asked her to turn the desktop on the table next to her, she was looking, okay desktop is old school, I brought out my laptop and told her to turn it on, she couldn't. I turned it on and asked her to type something on Ms Word as she claimed she has an excellent computer skills.

Some job seekers need to do better.

2 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by AgentGoat: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
SMJay:
In response to the first commenter, I bet to disagree with your assertion, because you can find bad employees every where.

Let me add my two cents

You get invited for an interview and you don't know a thing or two about the organization you wish to work

You should be able to defend what you wrote on your CV otherwise I question your certificate.

I recall, there was an opening for a receptionist and this young lady excellent results but doesn't know the job description she did in her last job, okay fair ent not everyone is good with theory.

I asked her to turn the desktop on the table next to her, she was looking, okay desktop is old school, I brought out my laptop and told her to turn it on, she couldn't. I turned it on and asked her to type something on Ms Word as she claimed she has an excellent computer skills.

Some job seekers need to do better.

Is that your picture on your profile?

3 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Rubyjade: 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
AgentGoat:

What's the relationship between the topic and the question you asked?

6 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by AgentGoat: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2022
Rubyjade:
What's the relationship between the topic and the question you asked?

You no sabi mind your business abi?
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by DaBogu: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
Here to read comments
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Rubyjade: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
AgentGoat:

You no sabi mind your business abi?

Get off my mention.

2 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by AgentGoat: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
Rubyjade:
Get off my mention.

You no go die well. No be you come my mention first? I wasn't talking to you. But your busy body enter my mention. E no go better for your family.
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Rubyjade: 5:20am On Jun 28, 2022
AgentGoat:

You no go die well. No be you come my mention first? I wasn't talking to you. But your busy body enter my mention. E no go better for your family.
I am not the reason for your frustration. It's you that will not die well, if it was better for you, your name will not be agentgoat.

2 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by lavylilly: 6:03am On Jun 28, 2022
What employees go through in the hands of some employers in Nigeria is something worth writing about. So pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

I remembered when I working at Allen & living at Iju àxis on 25k salary. My Boss went to his Village to lavish money in December & my school fees deadline was ,26th. He paid me a sum of 20k as salary.
I wept that day. He's now contesting in Akwa-Ibom. So many things I can talk about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by maclatunji: 6:17am On Jun 28, 2022
The employment market is stratified. The top talent that is easily teachable are recruited by top organisations. The average level candidates tend to be employed by the medium level organizations while the low level talent tend to end up in small businesses unless they are the startup owners.

What I have done as an entrepreneur is to target smart students and IT students to help with our business. Even this pool of talent is becoming difficult to get these days; many young people want to start talking about millions after secondary school. The society is going crazy when it comes to money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by AgentGoat: 7:08am On Jun 28, 2022
Rubyjade:
I am not the reason for your frustration. It's you that will not die well, if it was better for you, your name will not be agentgoat.

You don't have sense in your head. it's something that's consistent with an afonja. It's just a moniker. You imbecilic ape.

1 Like

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
maclatunji:
The employment market is stratified. The top talent that is easily teachable are recruited by top organisations. The average level candidates tend to be employed by the medium level organizations while the low level talent tend to end up in small businesses unless they are the startup owners.

What I have done as an entrepreneur is to target smart students and IT students to help with our business. Even this pool of talent is becoming difficult to get these days; many young people want to start talking about millions after secondary school. The society is going crazy when it comes to money.
SPOT ON!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Threesha(f): 6:33am On Jul 02, 2022
Why is this on front page
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Threesha(f): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
Let this hit front page and I will share my experience
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 3:34am On Jul 04, 2022
Threesha:
Let this hit front page and I will share my experience
Just share don't wait for it to get to front page
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Pojomojo: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2022
maclatunji:

How dis you arrive at this assertion?
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by lavylilly: 1:31am On Jul 13, 2022
maclatunji:

congratulations
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 2:29am On Jul 23, 2022
Join the Job WhatsApp group
https:///Hop7R158wgl4gopzAsqZpF
It's a first come first serve basis
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by maclatunji: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2022
Pojomojo:
How dis you arrive at this assertion?

Experience managing a business. Interacting with jobseekers of varying abilities as a career coach.

3 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Pojomojo: 1:37am On Aug 07, 2022
maclatunji:

Experience managing a business. Interacting with jobseekers of varying abilities as a career coach.
okay
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 4:38am On Aug 21, 2022
cheesy
maclatunji:

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Pojomojo: 2:59am On Nov 23, 2022
maclatunji:

Okay
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Kobicove(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2022
Nigerian employees can steal for Africa!

If you're running a business in Nigeria make sure you fully understand the business and be sure to have very tight internal controls otherwise your money will be going missing undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by QuinModah(f): 6:31am On Feb 12, 2023
wink
Kobicove:
Nigerian employees can steal for Africa!

If you're running a business in Nigeria make sure you fully understand the business and be sure to have very tight internal controls otherwise your money will be going missing undecided
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by SMJay: 5:30am On Feb 14, 2023
undecided
AgentGoat:

Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
Threesha:
Why is this on front page
Good question
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
wink
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by Oyindamolah: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
cheesy
Re: As A Business Owner, Share Your Experience With Employees by riayatech(f): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
Riayatech medical Health Software Development company has an experienced and qualified team working diligently, knowing about company policies to get money in minimum time. The RCM Healthcare proficiently managed the sustainability of medical services; along with challenges and complexities, our medical Health Software Development company operates efficient billing claims quickly. It's our responsibility to manage and optimize revenue performance [https://riayatech.ae]Practice Management System[/">Practice Management System</a></p>].
<p><a href="https://riayatech.ae/practice-management-system/">Practice Management System</a></p>

(1) (Reply)

Loan Sharks Begging Borrowers To Return Loan Collected Without Interest / Introducing In Way To Start A Business Cheap And And Easy! / A Bag Of Rice For N9000,deliver To Your Door Step In Lagos @ No Extra Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.