Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence (299 Views)

FG Lists 30 Brassieres Belonging To Diezani Alison-Madueke For Sale / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG / Nigerian Man Spotted Diezani Alison-Madueke Walking Alone In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by Pagenaija1: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
My recent article, titled “Bola Tinubu is General Buhari’s James Ibori”has apparently been widely publishedand therefore has elicited an equally diverse range of responses, mainly quite civil even while disagreeing with my general position.

However, to those readers who were quite scathing in their comments, I humbly invite them to visit the highly respected website <thedailybeast.com> and read the piece by Michael Weiss just published today, April 27th 2015, titled “Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring”.

In his column, Michael Weiss elaborated on the very murky alleged drug trafficking and money laundering activities which Bola Tinubu was involved in about 20 years ago, leading to the reported forfeiture to the United States Treasury Department, of an estimated US$ 460,000.

Herein lies the crux of my writing today. A few days ago, the Imperious (not merely “Honourable”) Petroleum Minister, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke strenuously attempted to debunk rumours that she was seeking to flee Nigeria in order to evade possible prosecution by the incoming Administration of our highly respected President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retired).

I guess many Nigerians, my humble self included, believe that theorectically every one is innocent until proven guilty. But I must admit that I was quite perplexed at the lady’s audacity. My question was initially, “WHAT is giving the Imperious Minister confidence?” It was only later it dawned on me that the right poser is “WHO is giving Diezani confidence?”

The answer, it seems, is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the self-styled Jagaban Borgu. The confidence (or “confido” in Nigerian lingo) of Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and other alleged kleptocrats like her is apparently founded on the premise that a truly transparent anti-graft campaign would be unable to credibly sidestep the Jagaban deep inside General Buhari’s tent only to target her and her type outside it.

Let me very clear. I have great admiration for the tremendous political achievements which Mr. Tinubu has recorded since 1999. Having said that, I do believe that, in order to bequeath the appropriate moral high ground to his coalition partner, President-elect Buhari, the Jagaban should submit himself to a comprehensive, independent asset acquisition and verification audit, upon resumption of the incoming Administration.

Thereafter, any assets found either to have been unlawfully acquired or that cannot be justified based on extant asset declaration documentation, available public service records and historical tax declaration attestations, should be forfeited to the Nigerian state. Or is it only the United States Treasury Department that is worthy of enrichment?

Our dear President-elect Buhari should recognise that any attempt to allow his moral handicap regarding Bola Tinubu to prejudice genuine national ethical re-orientation will IMMEDIATELY signal the beginning of the divorce between the General and Nigerians. After all, absent General Buhari’s eagerly anticipated anti-corruption campaign, what else do Nigerians have to look forward to?

Has endemic graft not been universally acknowledged to be at the root of all Nigeria’s underdevelopment, e.g. insecurity (manifesting as Boko Haram), electric power shortages, infrastructure decay, education collapse, practically non-existent healthcare, just to mention a few.

Meanwhile, on the issue of the Jagaban seeking to nominate virtually all the key executive and legislative appointees, I believe the General (though advanced in age from the sprightly 40-year old of December 1983) is still shrewd enough to steer the affairs of the highly volatile animal known as Nigeria.

In any case, as I stated in my earlier article, since General Buhari has conceded the Vice-Presidency to Jagaban Bola Tinubu’s nominee, one is unable to comprehend the latter’s desperation to seemingly ‘take over’ the government-to-be.

As for Her Imperious Highness, Diezani Alison-Madeuke and her ilk, they should all be very prepared (if not worried) as General Buhari has already declared his intention to revisit the enquiry into the alleged US$ 20 billion (or is it actually US$ 50 billion) reportedly missing from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

In which case, perhaps it is not only NNPC or its exploration subsidiary, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) that would be making refunds to state coffers which Diezani Alison-Madueke recently alluded to.

All those individuals and private sector entities that participated in the heist should also be preparing to shed the weight of their colossal bank accounts and also surrender fixed assets where necessary.

May Almighty God bless President-elect Buhari as he prepares to take Nigeria back to our years of glory and distinction.

By Dr. Kolawole Kayode
Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by PresidObi: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
*Structureless Party: Who is Afraid of HE Mr Peter Obi?*

By Chukwudịmma Aaron-Okonkwọ

https://chukwudimmaaaronokonkwo..com/2022/06/structureless-party-who-is-afraid-of-he.html

Since the former governor of Anambra State, HE Mr Peter Obi, emerged the presidential candidate of Labour Party for the 2023 general presidential election, many supporters of the main opposition parties have not ceased from lampooning him. From the ridicules that Labour Party has no structures across the nation to the mockery that he is a stingy person, the attacks flows freely unabated.

Some of my close friends, worried by the issue of no structure, had to reach my inbox to express their deep concerns. And as should be expected, I advised them not to worry over such claims because they hold no water. I backed my persuasive advice with points worthy of note.

The man of the moment - Mr Peter Obi that is - became the governor of Anambra State through a relatively new and unpopular political party, All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA at a time when his dear home state is in dire need of transformative governance. 'Is Anambra cursed or are we the curse?' was the question he came forward with. Then, he added to his slogan, 'If you love Anambra State, say YES to Mr Peter Obi'. The rest today is history as to how he leaved his talk. He does what he says!

He did not stop there. He went around every nook and cranny of the state, meeting the grassroots and sharing leaflets by himself. And when the election came, his party that barely had any structure across the state at the time won the gubernatorial elections. Upon that his mandate was stolen, he went to challenge it at the court and won.

He assumed office with visionary leadership, transforming the state's socioeconomic aspect with the implementation of United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals, SDG in what is known as Anambra State Integrated Development Strategy, ANIDS.

ANIDS was simply a structural framework his administration as governor used to develop every area of Anambra simultaneously. Thus, no part of the state was left unattended to. He covered every town of the state with provision of social amenities and necessary infrastructures. This is Peter Obi!

Now a Presidential candidate with Labour Party; a party presumed to have no structures, is this same visionary leader loved by many Nigerians going to make history once again in 2023? This seems to be the fear shivering the main opposition parties, hence, the needless unabated attacks and propaganda being meted against him on daily basis.

Perhaps, Mr Mike Asukwo, a veteran cartoonist was right when he realized that what the mercenaries of the opposition meant by 'structure' lacked by the LP is 'Stomach infraSTRUCTURE'; a structure by which food items are shared to voters/electorates in return for a vote at the polling units.

Whatever the case may be, whoever is afraid of the Labour Party presidential candidate should know that there is no stopping a revolutionary movement whose time has come.

In my recent article entitled, "Ndi Igbo, What We Have We Have", I explained that we are currently experiencing an ideological revolution; one that have never been experienced in our dear country before.

As necessity is the mother of invention, our dear fellow country men, women, and youths who have suffered excruciatingly unbearable anguish of hunger are the ones championing this revolution. They champion it because they are so tired of the status quo of *consumption economy.* They champion it because we need to *take back our country* from the hands of those that are toying with it.

Revolution is an extreme change that can have a far-reaching effect on the citizens of any country. And for us Nigerians, this ideological revolution is birthed on the need to effect a change in our body politic; the need to effect a transformation on the socioeconomic and political conditions of our dear nation.

Therefore, this current wave of ideological revolution we are experiencing in dear country sparked by the entrance of Mr Peter Obi as a presidential candidate is being motivated by the burning desire to have a *production economy.*

Russia and China became what they are today because their respective citizens staged a revolution in 1917 and 1949 respectively. The result of that revolution in Russia was a change of government from constitutional monarchy under the Tsars to Marxist-Leninst state under the Bolsheniks and Vladimir Lenin who transferred means of production from private owners to government.

The Chinese, on the other hand, went from military dictatorship by Chiang Kai-shak and his Knomintang (KMT) nationalist party to a Marxist-Leninst state under the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) marking a shift in social power to the peasantry.

And both of these events involved massive upheavals in government and socio-economic class structures.

For us in Nigeria, the self-acclaimed Giant of Africa, the time is auspicious for us to reset the ugly system that rigs against us, the common masses and the collective future of our nation.

It has became the high time that our infrastructure and security must be prioritized, and a proactive person like the two-term former governor of Anambra State is most suitable to deliver this new systematic development for our good.

For good sixteen years since we transitioned from military rule to a civilian government, we had the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP administer governance and then came the All Progressives Congress, APC with the mantra of change running for disastrous eight years.

Altogether, in twenty-four years since we began the fourth republic, we have been dwelling heavily on importation of what we have the resources to produce in the country. This has to stop!

It is the time for us to have a change in government very different from the two main parties that have ruled our country for over two decades. And we can only effect this change through the platform of a hitherto unpopular political party.

For Nigeria to mark a shift in social power, we should transit from the APC to Labour Party, LP. And when that is done, the labour of our heroes past is justified not to be in vain.

For our economy to effectively transform from consumption to production economy, it takes a massive upheaval in government and socio-economic class structures.

The reason why our graduated engineers became skit makers for Facebook is because there is dearth of industries in the country. The reason why our graduated scientists became tweakers - dancing away their waist on Instagram is because there is dearth of research facilities in the country. The reason why our unemployed peoples became pundits for Twitter is because investors have relocated to other countries. So much more.

It is therefore imperative to make provisions for our graduated Engineers, Nurses, Doctors, Agriculturists etc. to be genuinely employed and it is only a government brought in through a revolution that can offer us this transformational policy.

We must force the government to create an enabling environment for job opportunities that can employ our teeming number of unemployed youths and that's what Peter Obi's government is set to offer us, Nigerians.

China produces 800, 000 new engineers every year and despite that, they have adequate provisions as per employment opportunities for their Engineers; they export the surplus to countries such as ours, and amass diaspora remittance.

Our roads are built by Chinese engineers. Isn't it a beautiful colours of shame that foreigners are taking up job opportunities that our own graduated Engineers are supposed to take? This nonsense must stop, and it is high time it stopped!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by Telekinetic: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pagenaija1:
My recent article, titled “Bola Tinubu is General Buhari’s James Ibori”has apparently been widely publishedand therefore has elicited an equally diverse range of responses, mainly quite civil even while disagreeing with my general position.

However, to those readers who were quite scathing in their comments, I humbly invite them to visit the highly respected website <thedailybeast.com> and read the piece by Michael Weiss just published today, April 27th 2015, titled “Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring”.

In his column, Michael Weiss elaborated on the very murky alleged drug trafficking and money laundering activities which Bola Tinubu was involved in about 20 years ago, leading to the reported forfeiture to the United States Treasury Department, of an estimated US$ 460,000.

Herein lies the crux of my writing today. A few days ago, the Imperious (not merely “Honourable”) Petroleum Minister, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke strenuously attempted to debunk rumours that she was seeking to flee Nigeria in order to evade possible prosecution by the incoming Administration of our highly respected President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retired).

I guess many Nigerians, my humble self included, believe that theorectically every one is innocent until proven guilty. But I must admit that I was quite perplexed at the lady’s audacity. My question was initially, “WHAT is giving the Imperious Minister confidence?” It was only later it dawned on me that the right poser is “WHO is giving Diezani confidence?”

The answer, it seems, is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the self-styled Jagaban Borgu. The confidence (or “confido” in Nigerian lingo) of Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and other alleged kleptocrats like her is apparently founded on the premise that a truly transparent anti-graft campaign would be unable to credibly sidestep the Jagaban deep inside General Buhari’s tent only to target her and her type outside it.

Let me very clear. I have great admiration for the tremendous political achievements which Mr. Tinubu has recorded since 1999. Having said that, I do believe that, in order to bequeath the appropriate moral high ground to his coalition partner, President-elect Buhari, the Jagaban should submit himself to a comprehensive, independent asset acquisition and verification audit, upon resumption of the incoming Administration.

Thereafter, any assets found either to have been unlawfully acquired or that cannot be justified based on extant asset declaration documentation, available public service records and historical tax declaration attestations, should be forfeited to the Nigerian state. Or is it only the United States Treasury Department that is worthy of enrichment?

Our dear President-elect Buhari should recognise that any attempt to allow his moral handicap regarding Bola Tinubu to prejudice genuine national ethical re-orientation will IMMEDIATELY signal the beginning of the divorce between the General and Nigerians. After all, absent General Buhari’s eagerly anticipated anti-corruption campaign, what else do Nigerians have to look forward to?

Has endemic graft not been universally acknowledged to be at the root of all Nigeria’s underdevelopment, e.g. insecurity (manifesting as Boko Haram), electric power shortages, infrastructure decay, education collapse, practically non-existent healthcare, just to mention a few.

Meanwhile, on the issue of the Jagaban seeking to nominate virtually all the key executive and legislative appointees, I believe the General (though advanced in age from the sprightly 40-year old of December 1983) is still shrewd enough to steer the affairs of the highly volatile animal known as Nigeria.

In any case, as I stated in my earlier article, since General Buhari has conceded the Vice-Presidency to Jagaban Bola Tinubu’s nominee, one is unable to comprehend the latter’s desperation to seemingly ‘take over’ the government-to-be.

As for Her Imperious Highness, Diezani Alison-Madeuke and her ilk, they should all be very prepared (if not worried) as General Buhari has already declared his intention to revisit the enquiry into the alleged US$ 20 billion (or is it actually US$ 50 billion) reportedly missing from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

In which case, perhaps it is not only NNPC or its exploration subsidiary, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) that would be making refunds to state coffers which Diezani Alison-Madueke recently alluded to.

All those individuals and private sector entities that participated in the heist should also be preparing to shed the weight of their colossal bank accounts and also surrender fixed assets where necessary.

May Almighty God bless President-elect Buhari as he prepares to take Nigeria back to our years of glory and distinction.

By Dr. Kolawole Kayode
must be an iPOBian
-Signed Afonja Moslems Gbegiri Guzzling Jagabandits
Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by tobilanreo: 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hnnnnm
Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by Pagenaija1: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Trouble makers are plenty in this Nairaland and you are one of them grin grin
Telekinetic:
must be an iPOBian
-Signed Afonja Moslems Gbegiri Guzzling Jagabandits

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by Sergio101(m): 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
undecided.....too Long
Re: Bola Tinubu Is Diezani Alison-madueke’s Confidence by Pagenaija1: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
You for calm down read Na wetting oyibo take dey win us be this
Sergio101:
undecided.....too Long

(1) (Reply)

I Am Proud Of Segalink For Standing And Apologizing To Peter Obi Fans And Endsar / If Only Obasanjo Was Still In Power – Fani-kayode Says Days Of Good Leadership G / Tinubu Is Another Version Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.