Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi (4836 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 / Nigerians, There Is Nothing Wrong With Organ Donation In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by backnbeta(f): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2022
I don't care about any naija polithiefcian, but this boy sounds more like a scammer who had his plans from day one undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:19am On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It's obvious this boy is lying but there is little Ekwermadu can do at this point because it's clear the boy was financially induced to travel which under UK laws is human trafficking and he was also induced for a medical procedure which under UK law is Organ Harvesting
It is not obvious to an open minded person.
So I do not get how it is so "obvious" to you but then if it is so obvious when they get to court it will be equally obvious to the court.
Mind you if there is a trial it will be a jury that declares "guilty or not guilty" and the jury will have the opportunity to hear from everyone before forming an opinion. How does that work ? people randomly receive a letter inviting them for JURY SERVICE .These are members of the public with the only requirement that they can participate with an OPEN MIND

Someone like you who has already decided it is "OBVIOUS" he is lying would not be fit for jury service
Ekweremadu is innocent until proven guilty .That is good . Let us hear details of the allegations without bias

One thing from the story is that a passport was issued following the so called "Non_APPEARANCE" route.
Immigration should investigate that claim.
Everyone is supposed to appear physically

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2022
All of you saying it is obvious he is lying let us wait till they get to court .
It is the opinion of the court that really matters
It is not obvious at all.
First we must hear Ekweremadu's side.
One thing I trust the police to do is to get a statement from him and from his wife SEPARATELY without allowing them room to interact

When we see both their statements and compare to that of the boy we would be making headway

Any person forming an opinion already is dishonest

Let us remain open minded

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by WatchYourSix: 11:28am On Jun 26, 2022
Baloranking:

Listen to yourself, very fast to criticize but can't understand simple english. I'm not trying to take sides here, all i want is for justice to be served.

So many versions of the story has been released

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/24/organ-harvesting-six-burning-questions-regarding-ekweremadu-and-transplant-in-uk/

That's channels tv version of it.

Speaking of the passport gibberish you're spilling, how come there's no consent form till now. Since when did we start the act of organ giveaway?

See.. i dont like to insult people...i dont have to agree with your view..u dont have to agree with mine...
its just a dialogue...it doesnt call for insults...cos i dont understand why you rushed into my comment and started insulting me

.the evidences are in front of you...
.thats what the court will look at....

The evidence is clear.

..national document and bvn done since 2019 before the deal happened shows he's 21....did he reduce his age.?? Thats his fvck up...the senator can say hes not aware he did so...

He wasnt smuggled into the uk...
He came in through legal medical trip channel which the senator did not hide that he was coming to donate one organ

So you think that consent letter of the organ donor is not part of the document used to approve the medical visa..?? U must think they are stupid in the embassy...

Please...lets not argue further...me and you, we are not revolving in the same frequency ..

3 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 26, 2022
Baloranking:

Ok! The case was adjourned till july 7th. I guess we wait and see.

The UK is always over-zealous in acting on the side of the 'victim'. They will arrest and investigate first on behalf of those they feel are most at risk in society. Eg minors, disabled people, women etc.

This leads investigative forces, perhaps MET Police CID in this case, to always throw the kitchen sink at 'perps' initially only for Crown prosecution service when more details come to light and the other side has told their story, to decide not to proceed because chance of successful prosecution is poor and too financially costly to warrant a criminal Jury trial.

After the facts are established, Ekweremadu and his wife will not be jailed even if that is not what most Nigerians want to see.

I am no fan of Ekweremadu but the British justice system can only convict when guilt is proven exhaustively which won't apply to Ekweremadu because his undoubtedly capable lawyers will prove the young man is no innocent victim.

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Shyboyk(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It's obvious this boy is lying but there is little Ekwermadu can do at this point because it's clear the boy was financially induced to travel which under UK laws is human trafficking and he was also induced for a medical procedure which under UK law is Organ Harvesting

I believe the boys story
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

See.. i dont like to insult people...i dont have to agree with your view..u dont have to agree with mine...
its just a dialogue...it doesnt call for insults...cos i dont understand why you rushed into my comment and started insulting me

The evidence is clear.

..national document and bvn done since 2019 before the deal happened shows he's 21....did he reduce his age.?? Thats his fvck up...the senator can say hes not aware he did so...

He came in through legal medical trip channel which the senator did not hide that he was coming to donate one organ

So you think that consent letter of the organ donor is not part of the document used to approve the medical visa..?? U must think they are stupid in the embassy...

Please...lets not argue further...me and you, we are not revolving in the same frequency ..

All these "FACTS" would still be subject to interrogation , examination and cross examination.
So I do not think it is honest of you to pretend that any of those "facts" whether about BVN or anything are proven unless you are biassed. They are , at this point, HEARSAY and nothing more. That is the reality. Just like the allegations against Ekweremadu are UNPROVEN and he is innocent until proven guilty

Let us all sempe and wait for the case to start IN COURT. None of us was there when the BVN was issued . All of that will be interrogated in court .Let us be patient and objective
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by SarkinYarki: 11:34am On Jun 26, 2022
aribisala0:
It is not obvious to an open minded person.
So I do not get how it is so "obvious" to you but then if it is so obvious when they get to court it will be equally obvious to the court.
Mind you if there is a trial it will be a jury that declares "guilty or not guilty" and the jury will have the opportunity to hear from everyone before forming an opinion. How does that work ? people randomly receive a letter inviting them for JURY SERVICE .These are members of the public with the only requirement that they can participate with an OPEN MIND

Someone like you who has already decided it is "OBVIOUS" he is lying would not be fit for jury service
Ekweremadu is innocent until proven guilty .That is good . Let us hear details of the allegations without bias

One thing from the story is that a passport was issued following the so called "Non_APPEARANCE" route.
Immigration should investigate that claim.
Everyone is supposed to appear physically

The boys age or lies about work bear no consequence to the course or the trial BTW..The judge is going to be looking at whether the boy was trafficked ( he clearly was ) and if there is a case of attempted organ harvest by way of material inducement and yes there was ..BTW the UK courts hardly use the Jury system so it them verse the judge
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by SarkinYarki: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Help2020:

Whether lying on not,the boy is too young to make such decision. Why didn't ikwerimadu involve his parents?

Whether his parents are involved or not is immaterial, even if he was above 30 years it is still a crime to financially induce him to donate organ in the UK ..

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Shyboyk(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2022
gidgiddy:
So someone will arrange a UK Visa for you, which is notoriously difficult to get, fly you to London and secure a job for you?

Why? Because you are Joe Biden's son?

Because he needed something from him it’s obvious he was deceived
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by kettykings: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2022
rayvelez:
The boy has already change story omoh I fear for this man, he should be thanking God he he don’t end up in jail.

If evidence of lying is brought up against the boy then he is finished
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Chopcy29: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2022
They no clear baba Harry well
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

The boys age or lies about work bear no consequence to the course or the trial BTW..The judge is going to be looking at whether the boy was trafficked ( he clearly was ) and if there is a case of attempted organ harvest by way of material inducement and yes there was ..BTW the UK courts hardly use the Jury system so it them verse the judge
Nothing is clear. That is the right frame of mind and it is not judges that will determine guilt but a jury of Lay persons drawn from the public
What evidence do you have that he was trafficked or induced ? Those are unproven allegations. You seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit no qui negat

None of knows , we were not there. Let us wait
I agree that there are still serious allegations regardless of age but if he is underage there would be another allegation additionally
Where do you get the nonsense that British hardly use JURY SYSTEM
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Saintmary(f): 11:40am On Jun 26, 2022
Akacollins7:
The small boy is playing smart that'll consume him. I pity him and people that advising him. You can not wake and start playing with fire. Even posting on his face book that grace have found him. The people that you knew they are not human being

Of course anyone will start singing Grace when they see better opportunities.

He thought he would get a job.
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Shyboyk(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2022
Baloranking:

Listen to yourself, very fast to criticize but can't understand simple english. I'm not trying to take sides here, all i want is for justice to be served.

So many versions of the story has been released

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/24/organ-harvesting-six-burning-questions-regarding-ekweremadu-and-transplant-in-uk/

That's channels tv version of it.

Speaking of the passport gibberish you're spilling, how come there's no consent form till now. Since when did we start the act of organ giveaway?

Help me ask the guy …you want to collect kidney from someone and there is no written agreement me I’ll conclude that he just wanted to take advantage of the boy

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by SeyiDominion: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2022
Unending drama.
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Golan007: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Yeasterners and fabu.

grin
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Shyboyk(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2022
kuboy:
Mr Man you are lieing, am immigration personnel . You can't obtain international passport without going to immigration office for capturing .

Ok but with the senators influence can’t it be done otherwise I mean in his house…just asking

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Baloranking(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2022
grin we Nigerians have been so much trapped with this messed up mentality. We stay criticising a system that works.

Look at someone quoting me saying UK loves to pick side of the victims. We're so blinded that when we're offered glasses we still would not see.

I rest my case, I'll be back to reply you all after the trial on july 7th till then have a good day grin
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Baloranking(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

The evidence is clear.

grin i never insulted you. It's one love on my side too. Have a great day
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Shyboyk(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2022
candidtalk:

Stop this nonsense. Over 60 million people in the UK. Many in that Country are the best qualified in the world for any job you can think of yet still unemployed.

Any intelligent person is to believe so much expense was sunk into getting this young man to the UK to fill a job vacancy? Think before you talk na.

The young man is 'street' and likely swindled Ekweremadu who, like most politicians, knows nothing about the 'street' thinking and existence of most of our youths.

Ekweremadu thought he was playing a 'mumu lazy youth' not knowing he was being played. Poetic justice for a politician who contributed to make young Nigerians 'street'.

But those 60 million people can’t just be taken to a hospital for their organs to be removed…the way I’m seeing this the job part was just to lure the guy their real intentions was known later

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Kingspin(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2022
Christistruth00:
https://tvafrica24.com/i-was-promised-a-job-in-the-uk-and-not-organ-donation-ekweremadus-donor-david-tells-his-story/

The young man involved in the controversial organ harvesting scandal that led to the arrest and detention of Senator Ike Ekweremadu and his wife Beatrice in the UK, David Nwamini Ukpo, has taken to the social media to tell his own side of the story.

According to David Nwamini in a Facebook post on Saturday, June 25th, he stated that he was allegedly lured from Nigeria to London for the harvesting of his kidney without his consent.

He claimed that they promised him a job and never told him about the donating any organ, adding that he got to know about the organ harvesting through the physician who was going to perform the procedure on him.

Recall, Ike Ekweremadu and his wife were arrested in the United Kingdom by the police and detained on allegations of child trafficking and organ harvesting after Ekweremadu had flown David to UK for the kidney transplant.

Ekweremadu and his wife were subsequently denied bail in court, and the case adjourned to July 7.

Entiled “My journey to UK”, Ukpo’s unedited post reads below

“On one fateful day I met a man named okoro in a building site where I was working for my daily bread, okoro told me he like me, he want to help me achieve my dream because he saw me as a great person. He told me could you like to work in UK I just started laughing because I don’t have money for that, then I told him no am not interested and asked me why I told him I don’t have money for that.

He just started laughing to me and told me he is going to introduce me to senator his company in UK need workers, so he could start my visa processing.

“I have no other option than to accept the offered, after two day the man came to the building site again and told me the senator wanted to see me so we could start the visa processing, then I dropped my shovel and head pan and went to bath immediately.

“Mr okoro took me to unknown area where I haven’t been before, I was afraid maybe he is a money ritualist, I encouraged my self since I knew Mr okoro for a long time there will be no problem. Mr okoro hand me over to one young man wearing a suit, he told me everything about then I told him Mr okoro has already explain everything to me and I have accepted to work in UK.

I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, David Tells His Story

“Their later gave me a room on that mansion and snap me a passport photographs and told their will start my visa processing immediately. the kind of food I ate there my generation haven’t ate it before. I was so happy staying in that house. After a week their told me my visa and passport are ready their told we are going to leave tomorrow, I was taken to airport from there we land in UK I was taken to a hospital in UK.

“When we landed in hospital in UK I was told I must went for a medical test to check my health status, if I’m fit for the job I accepted without any question. I thank God for doctor harry who told me everything and I told him why I’m here and he later called police for my rescued.”

I will wait to hear from both sides
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2022
kuboy:
Mr Man you are lieing, am immigration personnel . You can't obtain international passport without going to immigration office for capturing .
But it happens in Nigeria with money so called "non appearance"

If you do not know does not mean he is lying

It happens

There is nothing special about the capture in offices that cannot happen elsewhere.
The same equipment is taken to Aso Rock to capture VIPs etc

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by SarkinYarki: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2022
aribisala0:
Nothing is clear. That is the right frame of mind and it is not judges that will determine guilt but a jury of Lay persons drawn from the public
What evidence do you have that he was trafficked or induced ? Those are unproven allegations. You seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit no qui negat

None of knows , we were not there. Let us wait
I agree that there are still serious allegations regardless of age but if he is underage there would be another allegation additionally
Where do you get the nonsense that British hardly use JURY SYSTEM

Oga even though UK have provisions for Jury system under some select jurisdiction it is Hardly used , stop confusing UK with USA..There will be no Jury for this trial .

1..The victim was clearly offered material inducement to cross a border for something illegal ( that's 100 percent human trafficking)

2.. The victim was offered some sort of material inducement to " donate " and organ (that's organ harvest ).. his age or whether he was brought to work or not is immaterial to this case and is only mere excitement for the court of public opinion

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by SarkinYarki: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2022
Shyboyk:

I believe the boys story

There is a reason you believe most things you hear na wink
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Stop saying what you don't know because your knowledge is driven by awareness of the Nigerian environment alone.

I have served as a member of a jury twice in the UK to include one case where the defendant was an immigrant Pakistani shopkeeper who was accused of sexually molesting a blonde British young lady of 17 in his shop. We all saw accuser and defendant for 3 days in Crown Court.

You would have thought it was a bang on conviction for the CPS (crown prosecution service) but we returned a unanimous not guilty verdict because numerous evidence showed the girl was a cynical and duplicitous liar deliberately trying to entrap the shopkeeper.

The over-zealous CPS indulged her more than they should but they err like that in the UK.

The CPS is now a lot more cautious than when I served as a jury member. I doubt they will approve Ekweremadu face court trial after all the facts are in. Even if they do he may likely be found not guilty.

The UK justice system tend not to do conjecture as you are keen to when you proclaim guilt based on your emotions, sentiments and dislike for individuals. Everyone still deserves a fair trial. That is the overarching ethos.

Guilt still has to be proven in court. After initial gra gra of MET police CID, it may be obvious the case cannot go forward meritoriously because the young man central to a successful prosecution is not credible.
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 11:59am On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Oga even though UK have provisions for Jury system under some select jurisdiction it is Hardly used , stop confusing UK with USA..There will be no Jury for this trial .

1..The victim was clearly offered material inducement to cross a border for something illegal ( that's 100 percent human trafficking)

2.. The victim was offered some sort of material inducement to " donate " and organ (that's organ harvest ).. his age or whether he was brought to work or not is immaterial to this case and is only mere excitement for the court of public opinion
Guy I have been living in the UK probably before you were born and served on juries SEVERAL times
It is not by Google

The issue is not comparison to the USA
You seem to have a literacy problem

Go back and read the screen shot that you posted
Ekweremadu has pleaded NOT GUILTY
This case will be tried at the Crown Court level

Most criminal cases are settled at the Magistrate court level and juries are not used. This is because of the seriousness and penalties . Cases that are disposable by fines or minor sentences are settled at Magistrates Courts
Once a case makes it ways to the Crown Court and proceeds to trial then a Jury is more likely than not
This case was introduced at a Magistrate Court who adjourned it. It certainly will not be heard at the Magistrate Court level if it proceeds to trial.
It is not a Magistrate court matter

The claims about inducement at this point are allegations. You were not there.
Let us wait till they get to court

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by WatchYourSix: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
aribisala0:

All these "FACTS" would still be subject to interrogation , examination and cross examination.
So I do not think it is honest of you to pretend that any of those "facts" whether about BVN or anything are proven unless you are biassed. They are , at this point, HEARSAY and nothing more. That is the reality. Just like the allegations against Ekweremadu are UNPROVEN and he is innocent until proven guilty

Let us all sempe and wait for the case to start IN COURT. None of us was there when the BVN was issued . All of that will be interrogated in court .Let us be patient and objective

Who is this again...??
So we cant talk or speculate about the issue anymore ...why do you people like coming to nairaland to tell people what they can or cannot do...its a news worth talking about.. if you dont want to talk about it till the court decides ... thats your cup of tea....
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by aribisala0(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Who is this again...??
So we cant talk or speculate about the issue anymore ...why do you people like coming to nairaland to tell people what they can or cannot do...its a news worth talking about.. if you dont want to talk about it till the court decides ... thats your cup of tea....
You are free to say what you like and so am I

1 Like

Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by WatchYourSix: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
Baloranking:

D i never insulted you. It's one love on my side too. Have a great day

Welldone
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Stop this show of ignorance. I am assuming this will be a criminal trial. The minute Ekweremadu and his wife plead not guilty then CPS must decide if they wish to proceed and escalate case to a crown court trial that will involve a jury.
Re: I Was Promised A Job In The UK And Not Organ Donation – Ekweremadu’s Donor, Davi by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
aribisala0:

Guy I have been living in the UK probably before you were born and served on juries SEVERAL times
It is not by Google

The issue is not comparison to the USA

Most criminal cases are settled at the Magistrate court level and juries are not used. This is because of the seriousness and penalties . Cases that are disposable by fines or minor sentences are settled at Magistrates Courts
Once a case makes it ways to the Crown Court and proceeds to trial then a Jury is more likely than not
This case was introduced at a Magistrate Court who adjourned it. It certainly will not be heard at the Magistrate Court level if it proceeds to trial.
It is not a Magistrate court matter

The claims about inducement at this point are allegations. You were not there.
Let us wait till they get to court

100% correct.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Omisore Leads In Agodi, Ilesha And Kirikri Prisons With Wide A Margin / Mathematically, Is It Possible For PDP To Still Win This Presidential Election / Biafra: UK Dailymail Call Nnamdi Biafra Activist And Buhari A Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.