Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? (220 Views)

Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video) / Methodist Church Seeks Donations As Kidnappers Of Prelate, Others Demand N100m / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Rhisky(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2022
So I’m in church and there’s a donation going on, I notice that the Elder calling for donations is calling on people who don’t even attend weekend and weekly services. The people that seem very spiritual aren’t even donating and there is usually a very calm atmosphere during donations. Why are non-committed but financially strong members celebrated? when they may not even fully grasp the reason why they are giving but seem to show off wealth.

Is spiritually supposed to accost donations?
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by donbachi(m): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
Na person wey get hand,dey beat drum.

So,rest.
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Rhisky(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2022
donbachi:
Na person wey get hand,dey beat drum.

So,rest.
Lol, why the rest?
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Zonefree(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2022
Rhisky:

Lol, why the rest?
So you can cool off.
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Deborah98(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
I know of a particular church in Abuja that I used to attend and still attend whenever I'm opportune to. @Op you really observed well, the spiritual and committed members are not so financially buoyant but you see those ogas and Madams that behaves as though na dem own everybody,na for donation dem dey see them and this leaves me worried.
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Rhisky(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Zonefree:

So you can cool off.
So na big sin say I try to understand sth wey no clear me eye?
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Rhisky(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deborah98:
I know of a particular church in Abuja that I used to attend and still attend whenever I'm opportune to. @Op you really observed well, the spiritual and committed members are not so financially buoyant but you see those ogas and Madams that behaves as though na dem own everybody,na for donation dem dey see them and this leaves me worried.
Honestly coz it feels like all their sins are wiped away coz of donations and the holy ones are now lesser Christians.

I know money is needed to foot bills and all but in most churches today, money is more vocal than character.
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by Toktee(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deborah98:
And their giving is limited to the church.

I visited my elder sister is very very rich.... She love church like her mind depends on it.

Three days ago she was praying in the morning and there is this point she made.. She asked God go help us to be of help to someone while we expect same from people around us.

Yesterday someone came to the house and was like it's been more than three days that she and her baby have not eating anything tangible.... I was touched.

When she returned I do not know how to approach her so I started by saying....
Sister there are some prayer points we need not pray cos if it's time to do it we will withdraw.... She asked me to go straight to the point.. I told her about the lady and her babe and reminder ber of her prayer point.... My sister flares up with a question...... Like what's ber business?, and pls her head is full pls.

That same night she send pastor 50k for my presence, house need to see how she the spend for church.

Who are we deceiving?

God or man?

2 Likes

Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by donbachi(m): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2022
Rhisky:

Lol, why the rest?
comot body
Re: Are Donations The Time For Show Off In Church? by KnownUnknown: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
Toktee:
And their giving is limited to the church.

I visited my elder sister is very very rich.... She love church like her mind depends on it.

Three days ago she was praying in the morning and there is this point she made.. She asked God go help us to be of help to someone while we expect same from people around us.

Yesterday someone came to the house and was like it's been more than three days that she and her baby have not eating anything tangible.... I was touched.

When she returned I do not know how to approach her so I started by saying....
Sister there are some prayer points we need not pray cos if it's time to do it we will withdraw.... She asked me to go straight to the point.. I told her about the lady and her babe and reminder ber of her prayer point.... My sister flares up with a question...... Like what's ber business?, and pls her head is full pls.

That same night she send pastor 50k for my presence, house need to see how she the spend for church.

Who are we deceiving?

God or man?

The god of quid pro quo does not care about the poor. His followers know they have to bribe him by giving money to the church/pastor in order to ensure their prosperity and absolve their conscience of guilt from their deplorable existence.
Their Jesus may care about the poor but that’s only in the book of stories. In reality, their god has been a god of greed since the Roman government created their nonsense religion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Main Reason For Religious Liberalism Amongst Yorubas / Spiritual Immunity / What's Islam Ruling On Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.