Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,868 members, 7,841,259 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

US Removes Nigeria From Terror List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Removes Nigeria From Terror List (5027 Views)

See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Boko-Haram Ranks Second On Global Terror List / World Bank Removes Nigeria From Aids’ List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by redsun(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
strike her off terrorist list.Did america just used d propaganda of officialy putting nigeria on d list to attract terrorist?
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Sike(m): 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
Let's pop Champaign then.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
And now that they have achived their aim,they want to pretend it is all well.Now that d can of worms have been let loose
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Shimao(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
The next news will be Nigeria agrees to Africom. First, it was a decrepit battleship, now this at the most inappropriate time. I tell you, it is ominous, but ofcourse, welcomed.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Sunofgod(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
Very risky move by the US.

I think Nigeria should be removed from the list but certain states in Nigeria should be included in that list.

Whether or not you are a potential terrorist should be linked to your state of origin. (Northern vs Southern States)

At the same time 'America' need to add 'America' to that list - I heard there was another gun massacre there this weekend. But of course this wont be widely publicised.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by houvest: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
Boko haram is at its peak. Us and the rest of the western World dare not relax now. Al Qaeda can easily use Boko Haram to smuggle terrorists into those countries .
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by estatemark(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
cuteonyii:

Myself2::
Good Question my bros grin grin but the writer said the name was deleted, which means right now the name is in the recycle BIN,  if by any chance someone empties the recycle BIN, CHEI!!! then Na him be say water don pass GARRI,  Nigeria name will be no where to be found,  supporting list, harbouring list, patronising list, fighting terrorism list,  grin

grin grin men your post is funny but very insightful. List or no list what matters is how Nigerians are treated in other countries, the question should be which list do we put themselves and not allowing US politicians to determine our fate. whether we like it or not this new development won't change anything that really matters to us.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by juman(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
So Obama should give our boy (Abdulmuttalib) to our government to handle we have very strict law on terrorism.

Obama should please do this. God bless. Say Obama.

*The misled boy is from very good family background, this is always my concern*
I certainly don't mean that he should not face the right and required law here in nigeria. But because some people like that used to return to their home countries.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Dotscanner: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
Will the removal put an end to the harassments and embarrassment we get from airports? oh! God, please, exonerate us the more, Amen.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Builder: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
US removes nigeria from terror list, God punish dem papa. the dude was radicalised in the UK, is UK name on the terror list, so far the UK have radicalised and exported terrorist to pakistan, afganistan and the US. that been said is isreal name or saudi arabia on the list, i really dont know why nigerians are rejoicing for, this same bleeping US are the greatest terrorist of all time.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by kasiem(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
One of the things that spurred US into delisting our name is that, they remembered that northerner were cows, and there's no way they can be equated with the good people of nigeria. U can't term a person a violent person, just becos his dog is violent.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by tpia5: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
In these days of boko haram?

@ topic.

Its actually surprising nigeria wasnt on the terror list before, with every kind of thing found there. Militant movements and all.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by sley4life(m): 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2011
Are we not terrorist?
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Frazy(f): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by BABE3: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
It's high time they did.

Awon na mo pe a'kin s'omo be. grin
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by eridah2007(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
kasiem:

One of the things that spurred US into delisting our name is that, [size=15pt]they remembered that northerner were cows, and there's no way they can be equated with the good people of nigeria. U can't term a person a violent person, just becos his dog is violent. [/size]

Nna mehn,abeg clap for ya self,u ar just too much grin
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by JayKid1(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
Time will tell lipsrsealed.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Roland17(m): 12:01am On Jul 25, 2011
Is this an achievement? i would leave the answer to millions of youths reeling in the gutters of poverty and frustration to answer that question, i just see this as a result of the meeting between Odechukwu and Obama, a diplomatic stunt aimed at confusing more gullible Nigerians to believe Nigeria is safe.

As far as the US is concerned, attacks not targeted at the United States would never be considered terrorists attacks, that is why millions would still die in northern Nigeria from the swords and bombs of BH and those acts would never be considered terrorist by the US.

The country is splitting, the signs are ominous.

"Breath of fresh air indeed"
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by aloyemeka2: 12:38am On Jul 25, 2011
Why?. We still have Boko Haram in full swing na. The only thriving industry in Nigeria now that has employed over 1m mallams. Na waaah for this kin racism o by oyibo.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by coolcash4l(m): 2:49am On Jul 25, 2011
I think we're now been feared by the US,

aloy-emeka:

Why?. We still have Boko Haram in full swing na. The only thriving industry in Nigeria now that has employed over 1m mallams. Na waaah for this kin racism o by oyibo.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by lastpage: 3:42am On Jul 25, 2011
France, Germany and Britain have indicated[b] their willingness to aid  Nigeria  on  the  war against terrorism.[/b] The sources said the support  by the EU countries will come in  form of training for security agencies and provision of technical support to counter terrorism in the country.

"Beware of the Greeks American/Europeans, especially when they come, bearing Gifts"!

Next is, they will give us "humanitarian protection", like they are giving in Libya right now!
angry shocked

Abegii, carry your wahala go, abegiiii!
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by nairapark: 5:07am On Jul 25, 2011
Everyone including the West knew right from time that Nigeria was never a terrorist nation.

I think it was just a political rampage. grin
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by sayso: 8:20am On Jul 25, 2011
Boko Haram nko.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Kekekenny(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2011
??
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by deebimark(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2011
wow,that's great, i hope Nigeria will not be among the terrorist list. THANKS US
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by juman(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2011
Ha ha Nairaland! grin grin

Builder:

US removes nigeria from terror list, God punish dem papa. the dude was radicalised in the UK, is UK name on the terror list, so far the UK have radicalised and exported terrorist to pakistan, afganistan and the US. that been said is isreal name or saudi arabia on the list, i really dont know why nigerians are rejoicing for, this same bleeping US are the greatest terrorist of all time.

Hmmm. Allau Akbar.

sley4life:

Are we not terrorist?

grin grin grin Certainly not. I am a muslim.

nairapark:

Everyone including the West knew right from time that Nigeria was never a terrorist nation.

I think it was just a political rampage. grin

True my brother.  grin grin grin
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by Gbenge77(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2011
Excellent!
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by emofine(f): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2011
I bet they're just bidding time. The damage is done - innocent Nigerians have yet another stigma to contend with  sad

Now if Boko Haram can follow suit and free our nation from terror altogether angry
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by mkmyers45(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2011
Actually its a welcome development but it wont stop the embarrassment when you try to enter america abi?
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by islamrules(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
Is it a must to enter America ? why cant you stay at home and make it a heaven
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by coolcash4l(m): 3:38am On Jul 26, 2011
WHICH CHAMPAGNE? YOU BETTER THINK undecided embarassed
Sike:

Let's pop Champaign then.
Re: US Removes Nigeria From Terror List by tpia5: 5:34am On Jul 26, 2011
mkmyers45:

Actually its a welcome development but it wont stop the embarrassment when you try to enter america abi?

it wont stop the embarassment when you try to enter anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easter: March 29 & April 1 Are Public Holidays / Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To Jonathan? / Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.