Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. (1128 Views)

Victor Osimhen: I Will Be Available For AFCON 2022 / Osimhen: I Can’t Wait To Face Ronaldo / Israel Adesanya: I Have A Tattoo Of Nigeria With A Lion Inside It On My Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nigeria striker Osimhen reveals details of 'near-death' injury at Napoli that kept him out for two months

The Super Eagle had initially thought the injury was not serious but ended up spending more time than anticipated on the sidelines

Nigeria and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has opened up on his nasty 'near-death' injury that kept him out of action for two months.

The 23-year-old was hurt in a Serie A match clash Inter Milan at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on November 21, a match Napoli lost 3-2.

The Super Eagle had initially thought the clash of heads was not bad and within two weeks he would be back in action, but it was not the case.

"That injury I had against Inter Milan was like a near-death injury. I am the only one that felt it, and I can only speak about how I felt because it was my face and body," Osimhen told Wazobia FM.

"But to be able to stand up without using the stretcher, walk out of the pitch on my own, then I knew that it was something I could handle.
"For me, as I got to the hospital, I told my doctor that I would be out for two weeks maximum."

The former Lille attacker went on to explain it was not as he had anticipated and had to get 18 screws in his face, which put him in severe pain.

"When the scan came out, I fractured many bones, which they had to remove and fix inside again," Osimhen continued.

"I have like 18 screws under my jaw. I went through a lot. A lot of sleepless nights. I could not sleep, I could not eat with the pain. But at the end of the day, I am a lion, and I know the kind of mentality I have.

"In my mind, I had already scheduled my return following the surgery."

Despite the challenge, Osimhen went on to score 14 goals in Serie A to help Napoli finish behind champions AC Milan, and second-placed Inter Milan to qualify for the 2022/23 Uefa Champions League.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria-striker-osimhen-near-death-injury-napoli-that-kept-him-out-for-two-months

1 Like

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
My Lion Simhen

1 Like

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fira09(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
GOAT of NIGERIA.
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:
My Lion
He is not your lion. Stop doing gum body by fire by force

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fahdiga:

Eeya grin

Are you jealous? You don’t know how to play naw.. is it my fault

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
We thank God for your Life Victor.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

Eeya grin

And it isn't my fault too that you will loose me because you don't know how to play too or is it my fault cool
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fahdiga:

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nice one Victor the Lion. cool

PrincessofDSS:

Eeya grin

Princess, bring your ears, let's whisper something,
"Don't mind the boy, he's only jealous" cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by NLPoliceWoman: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
RTR
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
post=114180053:
Nice one Victor the Lion. cool

Princess, bring your ears, let's whisper something,
"Don't mind the boy, he's only jealous" cheesy

Are you serious . I thought as much

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Eriggs: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fahdiga:
And it isn't my fault too that you will loose me because you don't know how to play too or is it my fault cool
which kin lyrics b dis. Na like dis u dey talk to your mgbekes offline. No scope. No lyrics, just village toasting style. Mtchewwww.

@topic, osimhen, I am happy for you o.
Keep banging d goals in
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:
RTR
Only if you can be OBIdient to me I'll toast girls for you before konji kills you grin grin
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Eriggs: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

Are you serious
Na him way be dat o
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Eriggs: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fahdiga:
Only if you can be OBIdient to me I'll toast girls for you before konji kills you grin grin
yen yen yen. Usual chest beatings. Will u go and help mom in d kitchen for dinner and go to bed now.
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
Eriggs:
which kin lyrics b dis. Na like dis u dey talk to your mgbekes offline. No scope. No lyrics, just village toasting style. Mtchewwww.

@topic, osimhen, I am happy for you o.
Keep banging d goals in
Don't worry I'll deliver some babes to you tonight. Don't bother thanking me
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
Eriggs:
yen yen yen. Usual chest beatings. Will u go and help mom in d kitchen for dinner and go to bed now.

Trash as usual. No logic
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Fahdiga(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

Are you serious . I thought as much
Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Adeolaeniola(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
People just come here to transfer unnecessary aggression...
Congratulations to our current best striker
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by paulolee(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
Africa most in form top9
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by HarlequinLekex: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:
Nigeria striker Osimhen reveals details of 'near-death' injury at Napoli that kept him out for two months

Nigeria and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has opened up on his nasty 'near-death' injury that kept him out of action for two months.

The 23-year-old was hurt in a Serie A match clash Inter Milan at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on November 21, a match Napoli lost 3-2.

The Super Eagle had initially thought the clash of heads was not bad and within two weeks he would be back in action, but it was not the case.

"That injury I had against Inter Milan was like a near-death injury. I am the only one that felt it, and I can only speak about how I felt because it was my face and body," Osimhen told Wazobia FM.
"But to be able to stand up without using the stretcher, walk out of the pitch on my own, then I knew that it was something I could handle.
"For me, as I got to the hospital
are the screws stil in his jaw
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by techWriter3: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
We bless God for your lifestyle victory
Re: Osimhen: I Have Like 18 Screws Under My Jaw. I am a Lion. by Vinnie2000(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2022
This Victor Osihmen is a very dangerous striker.
Chelsea would have loved to buy him for 120M pounds!
But quickly, they remember Lukaku...

(1) (Reply)

2 Odds Daily (1st game dropped for today) / d / Dan Shittu's Soccer Nigeria 2010 - Enrol Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.