Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem (420 Views)

Doyin Okupe: I Wept The Day I Found Out My Son, Bolu Is Gay / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty / Why Buhari Is Part Of Nigeria’s Problem And Not Solution – Buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by lastgenious(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2022
Hello nairalanders, I saw this topic on Facebook where someone talked about our Democratic system of government and for me, I totally agree with him what do you all think. Could this be what will fix Nigeria ?

ERROR IN DEMOCRACY
The major flow of democracy is that it was structured to work well in developed nations without considering the underdeveloped nations where majority of the population are not intellectually sound to decide who should be a leader in this current civilization.

The process of choosing leaders in this current dispensation requires that the individual who is saddle with the responsibility of voting, can at least read. An individual who can not read, does not know the qualities a leader should possess to be able to compete with the trend of the global economy.

To him/her, a good leader is simply someone who is perceived to have good heart, or someone who is well known or have the fear of God.
So, to this kind of person, his uncle that everyone knows to be a honest and trust worthy man is qualified to lead the country which is not true.

Democracy can never do well in a country were the majority of the people at the polls can not tell between a qualified aspirant and an opportunist.
That is why some of the voters thinks that the man sharing money, clothes, foods, etc during campaign and at the polling units, has a good heart and is going to have compassion on the masses when he assumes power.
Even if this was true, unfortunately being a good leader in the 21st century goes beyond having a good heart.

So, in my opinion, democracy shouldn't have allowed everyone to participate in the process of choosing especially the leader of a country provided they are of voting age. Their is a reason why the olden days systems didn't allow any kind of person to become a king maker, so why should we do that now that the world has become more complex and volatile?

People should be allowed to attain a certain level of education, and their performances should determine if they should be given the voters card. That is the only way democracy can work in any third world country.

----Felix Usman

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02LFeDvzN8WBCjLAMo2msvQNSsMLpwsMRAXodYv4LMo5yRKRNu3wEGWSqJ58yXJdrol&id=100011484403495

1 Like

Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2022
The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians.. grin
Firstly Nigeria is not practicing democracy you guys are experimenting democracy know the difference amongst the two...Democracy have qualities and characteristics which includes free and fair election..rule of law.. adherence to public opinions..respect to opposition..majority rules and independent judiciary...

When you begin to study the above characteristics you find out that this things are lacking in the political administration of Nigerian government so the answer here is democracy can only be said to be working in a country that practice democracy not the one that is experimenting democracy like Nigeria...

Nigeria doesn’t have a democratic government...Don’t blame democracy for the failings of inequality...Blame the wealthy who dominate governments... grin

Seems most Nigerians are cool with their bad leaders..so why not(

Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Samuelnze(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Hope you are not excluded?
Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2022
Samuelnze:
Hope you are not excluded?
Yeah you ain't..
Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by lastgenious(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2022
Please guys let's talk about this. It could change everything.

Mod please help us get a wider view by sending it to the front page.
Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by lastgenious(m): 9:03am On Jun 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Firstly Nigeria is not practicing democracy you guys are experimenting democracy know the difference amongst the two...Democracy have qualities and characteristics which includes free and fair election..rule of law.. adherence to public opinions..respect to opposition..majority rules and independent judiciary...

When you begin to study the above characteristics you find out that this things are lacking in the political administration of Nigerian government so the answer here is democracy can only be said to be working in a country that practice democracy not the one that is experimenting democracy like Nigeria...

Nigeria doesn’t have a democratic government...Don’t blame democracy for the failings of inequality...Blame the wealthy who dominate governments... grin

Seems most Nigerians are cool with their bad leaders..so why not(

So, are you confirming the saying that Nigeria is not ripe for democracy?
Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2022
lastgenious:

So, are you confirming the saying that Nigeria is not ripe for democracy?
I am saying Nigeria ain't practicing democracy the way they should... undecided
Y'all don't read?

Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by lastgenious(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I am saying Nigeria ain't practicing democracy the way they should... undecided
Y'all don't read?

It sounds to me like, we don't practice because many don't understand its full potencies. And that still boils down to we are not ripe for democracy
Re: I Found The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by franchasofficia: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2022
lastgenious:
Hello nairalanders, I saw this topic on Facebook where someone talked about our Democratic system of government and for me, I totally agree with him what do you all think. Could this be what will fix Nigeria ?

ERROR IN DEMOCRACY
The major flow of democracy is that it was structured to work well in developed nations without considering the underdeveloped nations where majority of the population are not intellectually sound to decide who should be a leader in this current civilization.

The process of choosing leaders in this current dispensation requires that the individual who is saddle with the responsibility of voting, can at least read. An individual who can not read, does not know the qualities a leader should possess to be able to compete with the trend of the global economy.

To him/her, a good leader is simply someone who is perceived to have good heart, or someone who is well known or have the fear of God.
So, to this kind of person, his uncle that everyone knows to be a honest and trust worthy man is qualified to lead the country which is not true.

Democracy can never do well in a country were the majority of the people at the polls can not tell between a qualified aspirant and an opportunist.
That is why some of the voters thinks that the man sharing money, clothes, foods, etc during campaign and at the polling units, has a good heart and is going to have compassion on the masses when he assumes power.
Even if this was true, unfortunately being a good leader in the 21st century goes beyond having a good heart.

So, in my opinion, democracy shouldn't have allowed everyone to participate in the process of choosing especially the leader of a country provided they are of voting age. Their is a reason why the olden days systems didn't allow any kind of person to become a king maker, so why should we do that now that the world has become more complex and volatile?

People should be allowed to attain a certain level of education, and their performances should determine if they should be given the voters card. That is the only way democracy can work in any third world country.

----Felix Usman

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02LFeDvzN8WBCjLAMo2msvQNSsMLpwsMRAXodYv4LMo5yRKRNu3wEGWSqJ58yXJdrol&id=100011484403495
This is beautiful and in fact part of the truth.

But unfortunately even the most educated Nigerians make the most shameful decision when voting or supporting a candidate. We saw it in 2014/2015 when educated Nigerians foolishly and clannishly queued behind Buhari a known coupist, terrorist, bigot, religious extremist and failure. Most educated Nigerians pick candidates based on their tribe, religion, and perceived benefits they stand to get if they vote such a person without considering the communal progress.

The truth is, democracy is only good for white people not for black people who are born selfish, wicked, clannish and inhumane to other people's plight.

What Nigeria and many other black nations deserve is monarch system.

If Nigeria is ruled by a monarch, by now the Monarch's generation would have become super rich and their future fully secured such that they have no fear of becoming poor or their generation becoming poor, so they would have focused on leaving generational legacies he will be remembered for, developing his empire (Nigeria) to be like other global empires he admires.

Looting national treasury will be minimal because only the monarch will be doing the looting and whoever loots or tries to derail from the Monarch's plan will be executed without any challenge or senatorial debate.

That's why Europe and Middle East countries got developed. Only Monarchs (Kings and Queens) can bring generational development to a nation. Democracy can never bring communal progress for black nations, it will only bring chop I chop.

If you want Nigeria to work, split the nation into smaller kingdoms comprising people of unique or same culture, tradition and belief and let a monarch rule each kingdom and watch how things will improve naturally.

Ile Ife should be a Kingdom ruled by Ooni of Ife.

Onitsha should be a Kingdom ruled by Obi of Onitsha

Kano should be a Kingdom ruled by Emir of Kano, etc, etc and you will see leadership corruption and public fund looting die natural deaths.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Labor Party: Obi On A Divine Agenda / Lagos Is Moving Forward Everyday / Why Is Reno Omokri Going Rabid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.