Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,508 members, 7,958,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:48 PM

Getting A Job In Tech As A Newbie - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Getting A Job In Tech As A Newbie (564 Views)

Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Job In Tech As A Newbie by FlipToTech: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
If you are currently thinking of getting a job as a newbie in Tech you are on the right path. Tech is now the new oil well with lots of opportunities available for everyone.

Tech has great excellent career opportunities with high pay rates but before you jump into the Tech Labour Market, there are a few things you must consider.

THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE GETTING A JOB IN TECH AS A NEWBIE

Develop Soft Skills: Just like every other profession, there are certain soft skills everyone thinking of starting a career in tech must possess and they are as follows:

Time Management Skills
Organizational Skills
Flexibility
Decision Making Skill
Critical Thinking
Team Work and Collaboration
Communication skills
Empathy
Curiosity
Adaptability
Problem-solving skills

Develop Tech Skills: Tech Professionals are those who have been able to maximally combine their soft skills with tech skills so as a newbie in tech, it is necessary to develop tech skills. Some of the High paying tech skills in high demand are:

UI/UX Design
Web Design
Front-end development
Coding, etc.

Find Your Passion: Doing what you love is the best way to build a career. Hence, before you start your career journey in tech, you should find out what tech skill you are passionate about and build a career around it. This will go a long way in determining your productivity in your Career.

Build your Network: It is often said that “your network is your net worth”... If you truly want to earn more in tech, you should start building your network surrounding your career, especially as a newbie as someone in your network might be your connection to a life-changing career in tech.

Build Your Portfolio: This might actually sound like a big deal to get especially as a newbie but the truth is every great tech person today started growing their portfolio as a newbie. There is a saying that goes thus “show me your Portfolio and I will tell you how experienced you are”... In other words, your portfolio shows your level of experience over time.

People will only trust you with their work when they see the value you have created over time. So, as a newbie, you may not begin to earn like a professional but it is okay to build your portfolio as that will launch you into greater job opportunities.

STEP TO TAKE IN GETTING A JOB IN TECH AS A NEWBIE

Are you thinking of getting a job in tech as a newbie and you are looking for how to build your tech skill?

FliptoTech is offering an amazing 3-IN-1 full-stack course for 100,000 NGN where you will learn:
UI/UX Design
Coding
Web Design

To start your journey to becoming a UI/UX Designer and more, Get this amazing offer NOW.

Training Commence: July 4th, 2022.
Venue: 45. Ajose Adeogun Street, Utako, Abuja.
For further Enquiries call: 07017935247 or visit our Website @ www.fliptotech.ng

Pls Connect with us on our social media handles:
Instagram: fliptotech
Substack: fliptotech

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To Mudblazor ASP.NET / What Can I Do With Azure? / I have a few app ideas i am interested in developing, lets work together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.