Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Do I Choose An Industrial Valve Actuator? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Choose An Industrial Valve Actuator? (289 Views)

How Do I Choose An Office Interior Designer? / Choose An Agency For Branding - How? / An Industrial Chemistry Aspirant Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Choose An Industrial Valve Actuator? by donaldsansbury: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2022
Valve actuators are the components that primarily deal with remotely opening and closing valves. They are attached to the stem and placed on top of the valves. They are equipped with an actuator that can be controlled by air pressure, hydraulics, or electricity. This actuator can move the valve between fully open and fully closed positions. This article will help you in choosing the best industrial valve actuator. We'll go over each type in detail below so you can pick the best one for you.

Pneumatic's Actuators

In these actuators, independent air pressure or taken from the plant is used as a power source. Linear or butterfly valves can make use of these diaphragm or piston cylinders. When air pressure operates on a piston or diaphragm, a linear force is applied to the valve stem. As a result, the valve can be opened and closed with this mechanism. These are the top actuators for any industry in terms of price/performance.

Electric actuators

The torque needed to open or close the valve is provided by an electric motor. The electric actuators are quiet and energy-efficient. Because they can only be utilized in places with electricity, this poses a challenge for some industrial facilities. Small car manufacturers or some parts of power plants are the most common sites where they are used.

Hydraulics Actuators

Industrial valves can be fully or partially opened and closed thanks to hydraulic actuators, which utilize fluid pressure in movement. It is comparable to how tires push on a piston in linear or butterfly valves to create linear thrust. In an emergency, you can usually close or open a hydraulics valve thanks to a built-in safety feature.

Which actuator should I choose

When selecting an actuator, the first question is, "What role will it play in your process?" Once this is clear, go over the above selection criteria one by one to ensure that they have all been considered before deciding on the type of actuator, its size, and any other features that fit your budget.

Valve actuator selection can be difficult. Engineering experience and infrastructures, such as power sources, communication modules, and distance from control rooms, might influence decision-making. Others begin by deciding on a valve actuator, then add settings to help the actuator work more efficiently.

Actuating a valve in an automated and cost-effective manner is the primary goal of valve actuators. To make an informed decision on a valve actuator, it is necessary to weigh various variables. However, keep in mind that these considerations will have an impact on the actuator's quality and price. A positioner, ATEX approval, or higher torque ratings may not be necessary for your application. Avoiding them will save you a significant sum of money.

Blackhawk has a large inventory of different actuators that can be customized to meet your specific requirements. You can also find various types of valves to control things. For more information, you can contact us.
Re: How Do I Choose An Industrial Valve Actuator? by molleculiari: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
When I didn't know which Valve actuators to choose, I just asked my dad. But thanks for writing about it here. Now I will know more about it.
Re: How Do I Choose An Industrial Valve Actuator? by kasiramji06: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
"I would have been glad to find this article earlier. Thanks for sharing.
One day, I noticed that my valve actuator wasn't functioning as it should. I knew I had to replace it, but I didn't know much about the different types of actuators available on valvefittingstore. I started to do some research to figure out which one would be the best fit for me.
I read a lot of articles and watched some videos to learn about the different types of actuators, such as pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric. I also researched different brands to see which ones were reliable and within my budget."

(1) (Reply)

Best Youtube Channel For Piano Lessons / New Fbs Arbitrage Video / Salary Earners, How Far??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.