Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? (516 Views)

“Nobody Can Be Nigeria's President Without Getting 25% In FCT”—Kadaria Ahmed / Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by Psalmistproject: 11:03am On Jun 28, 2022
The day Mr Peter Obi (as he prefers to be called) decamped to the Labor Party I was puzzled, wondering what gave him the audacious temerity to take his chances in the gallows.
Most politicians and political pundits have predicted he wasn't really going for the crown of presidency in the PDP as the party heads for primaries but needed to contest so to show respect for the southern region as they believed the south should be buckled with the grace of GCFR in 2023.
He only needed to do his ordinary best to canvas delegates support while hoping his principal (Atiku) will smooth things through for him.

THE WIKE MIX

Just like a trending dj mix Wike raised the game to all or nothing.
Wike dropped a jaw breaking handsoftening lotion (bribe money) budget for delegates and co-contestants that ran in 100s of Billions of naira.

Obi obviously can't contend with this so he needed to have a serious talk with his principal who also is scampering to hold his position as the Wike storm is blowing up strong holds and making threatening advances.

Unfortunately, Wike got the party where he wants it to be; ALL MAN TO HIMSELF. Atiku doesn't have any other option but to leave OBI to his misery.

If Obi had remained in the party today or participated in the primary wholly he would have lost both the respect of the people and the party.
He would have been a subject of ridicule to Wike for a decade as long as PDP is concerned.

OBI'S DECAMP TO LABOR PARTY.

I believe this will be one of the best decisions OBI has made in his political career.

Although I wondered the possibility of him winning the presidential election and not having elected house members and governors. This is also what other politicians referred to NO STRUCTURE.

Although Obi has responded politically to this problem but I believe he (Mr Peter Obi) knows exactly what he's doing.

Here's my thought;

An elected president has a lot of privileges that can only be enjoyed by party members.
With the few mouth to feed in Labour Party, elected politicians from other parties will quickly start switching carpets voluntarily to get a piece of the pie.

There are also a few group like those of them that were visiting Buhari for one favor or the other or to get a good bargain for their decamp. We will be seeing these Aso rock visitors frequently from both PDP and APC if OBI gets the seat.

Then even if they refuse to decamp, it will not in anyway affect OBI rather it will be a blessing to his administration and Nigeria.
Due to the diversity of the house members along party membership line (PDP, APC and others), OBI can easily ride between both parties to get his job done. In politics It is easier and cheaper to control a divided house.

Finally, due to the people's backing of his candidature, it will be a national suicide for the house to set up un scrupulous impeachment process against him. If it sails through the nation will burn. And the entire system will collapse.

#OBIdient is key.
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by Lazyreporta(m): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2022
I doubt except lp collapse in to PDP, or PDP and APC decamp to lp

https://www.nairaland.com/7200684/affordable-corolla-toks-2004-sale
Re: Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by TruthIsBitter02: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2022
Don't worry yourself about that, politicians got it all figured out. Once Peter Obi wins now, there will be a tsunami of mass defections across board from all parties. No carry politicians play o...
Psalmistproject:
The day Mr Peter Obi (as he prefers to be called) decamped to the Labor Party I was puzzled, wondering what gave him the audacious temerity to take his chances in the gallows.
Most politicians and political pundits have predicted he wasn't really going for the crown of presidency in the PDP as the party heads for primaries but needed to contest so to show respect for the southern region as they believed the south should be buckled with the grace of GCFR in 2023.
He only needed to do his ordinary best to canvas delegates support while hoping his principal (Atiku) will smooth things through for him.

THE WIKE MIX

Just like a trending dj mix Wike raised the game to all or nothing.
Wike dropped a jaw breaking handsoftening lotion (bribe money) budget for delegates and co-contestants that ran in 100s of Billions of naira.

Obi obviously can't contend with this so he needed to have a serious talk with his principal who also is scampering to hold his position as the Wike storm is blowing up strong holds and making threatening advances.

Unfortunately, Wike got the party where he wants it to be; ALL MAN TO HIMSELF. Atiku doesn't have any other option but to leave OBI to his misery.

If Obi had remained in the party today or participated in the primary wholly he would have lost both the respect of the people and the party.
He would have been a subject of ridicule to Wike for a decade as long as PDP is concerned.

OBI'S DECAMP TO LABOR PARTY.

I believe this will be one of the best decisions OBI has made in his political career.

Although I wondered the possibility of him winning the presidential election and not having elected house members and governors. This is also what other politicians referred to NO STRUCTURE.

Although Obi has responded politically to this problem but I believe he (Mr Peter Obi) knows exactly what he's doing.

Here's my thought;

An elected president has a lot of privileges that can only be enjoyed by party members.
With the few mouth to feed in Labour Party, elected politicians from other parties will quickly start switching carpets voluntarily to get a piece of the pie.

There are also a few group like those of them that were visiting Buhari for one favor or the other or to get a good bargain for their decamp. We will be seeing these Aso rock visitors frequently from both PDP and APC if OBI gets the seat.

Then even if they refuse to decamp, it will not in anyway affect OBI rather it will be a blessing to his administration and Nigeria.
Due to the diversity of the house members along party membership line (PDP, APC and others), OBI can easily ride between both parties to get his job done. In politics It is easier and cheaper to control a divided house.

Finally, due to the people's backing of his candidature, it will be a national suicide for the house to set up un scrupulous impeachment process against him. If it sails through the nation will burn. And the entire system will collapse.

#OBIdient is key.

Re: Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by Smithkafors(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2022
You think Peter Obi na mumu, someone who is successful as a business man, politician and Economics. Don't underestimate that man. That guy will tighten every loop holes...... I pity anyone that will want to cut corners...he no send you once it comes to money.

1 Share

Re: Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by XerXers: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
Mass defections will follow if he wins

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Survive If Elected President Without Lp Having Legislative Reps? by helinues: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
Obi should win the presidency first.

Except if Imo's election palava would happen

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporters Will Threaten You, If You Support Tinubu / Chutzpah Or Not: The Peter Obi That Evans Fears. / MUST WATCH: Peter Obi States Why Nigerians Live In Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.