Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? (224 Views)

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? / Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

1. Can you explain what is the green pasture?
2. Still waters!! Is this talking about the human mind where man bends to the whims of good and evil?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Green pastures- in the midst of plenty (metaphoric). Imagine the ecstasy of a lamb in green fresh pasture fields.

Your number 2 also makes sense.

Still waters- Untold/unforseen dangers. Calm surfaces often hide the most treacherous depths and riptides. So... he leadeth you past...

You get the point...
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
topcatking:
Green pastures- in the midst of plenty (metaphoric). Imagine the ecstasy of a lamb in green fresh pasture fields.

Your number 2 also makes sense.

Still waters- Untold/unforseen dangers. Calm surfaces often hide the most treacherous depths and riptides. So... he leadeth you past...

You get the point...

Thank you.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Thank you.

You are welcome.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Carcholce: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Carcholce:

1. Can you explain what is the green pasture?
2. Still waters!! Is this talking about the human mind where man bends to the whims of good and evil?

Simple na! Which land would you take your sheeps to? Is it the desert? Or the bush?

And what water body would you lead them to? Is it the beach? Or Lagos lagoon?

(1) (Reply)

He Started A Satanic Church, But Less Than A Year Later He Was Radically Saved / DREAMS MEAN NOTHING (Ecclesiasticus 34:1-8) / Ekweremadu, Is There No God In London, UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.