Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,413 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse (797 Views)

Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Anonymoususher: 7:49am On Jun 29, 2022
Good morning beautiful people.

Sometime around 2016 I sent an anonymous letter to some human rights activist I got on nairaland about a neighbor of mine who was abusing her help.

I came to spend sometime with my mom when I observed that a young girl was living with her and her kids. The girl was being mistreated by her care giver with visible scars all over her body. I was pained so I came here on nairaland for contacts of any human right activist. I got about five details then I sent an anonymous mail to them.

I was shocked when I saw a very beautiful coastal bus in my compound with some beautiful ladies. They arrested my neighbor, her husband and daughter that day.

For weeks they were held and my conscience was already judging me for doing that to them because we were in good talking terms but I hated the way they treated the girl with them.

To cut the long story short, they had a plea bargain and were released after some months but the girl was retained by the organization.

Just yesterday after 6yrs, I paid a visit to my mom and the girl came around. Looking fresh like ajebota, dressed nicely, her English was so queens like and you can tell that her life has changed.

She came in the company of one of the ladies that came for her rescue that day.

I felt a big relief in my heart that my actions saved her and gave her a good life... She was full of life but till today nobody knows that I sent that mail for her rescue, even she herself doesn't know.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by blazingblender(m): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2022
You did the right thing Sha
But don't tell anyone yet
Abi You de plan to marry the girl??
This one you don de eye am

4 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Fahdiga(m): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2022
You did well and posterity will be kind to you and your generation.

2 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by dawnomike(m): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Sometime around 2016 I sent an anonymous letter to some human rights activist I got on nairaland about a neighbor of mine who was abusing her help.

I came to spend sometime with my mom when I observed that a young girl was living with her and her kids. The girl was being mistreated by her care giver with visible scars all over her body. I was pained so I came here on nairaland for contacts of any human right activist. I got about five details then I sent an anonymous mail to them.

I was shocked when I saw a very beautiful coastal bus in my compound with some beautiful ladies. They arrested my neighbor, her husband and daughter that day.

For weeks they were held and my conscience was already judging me for doing that to them because we were in good talking terms but I hated the way they treated the girl with them.

To cut the long story short, they had a plea bargain and were released after some months but the girl was retained by the organization.

Just yesterday after 6yrs, I paid a visit to my mom and the girl came around. Looking fresh like ajebota, dressed nicely, her English was so queens like and you can tell that her life has changed.

I felt a big relief in my heart that my actions saved her and gave her a good life... She was full of life but till today nobody knows that I sent that mail for her rescue, even she herself doesn't know.
I am glad you did the right thing to save her life and future... Nice one

2 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Anonymoususher: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2022
blazingblender:
You did the right thing Sha
But don't tell anyone yet
Abi You de plan to marry the girl??
This one you don de eye am

Hahahahahah, far from it, the girl is a minor.

I think she was about 11yrs when it happened but she was given the task of an adult... Till today they thought it was the girl's teacher that reported them

2 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by gfon(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2022
That's how it should be,she probably would have been killed if you didn't do that. Most times we don't have to mind our business in such scenarios

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by blazingblender(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Hahahahahah, far from it, the girl is a minor.

I think she was about 11yrs when it happened but she was given the task of an adult... Till today they thought it was the girl's teacher that reported them

dude you deserve an appreciation from her
So it will be better you tell the girl so maybe one day she can be of help to you owing to the fact that you helped her once

2 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Mindlog: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2022
Ignoring a child being abused, is not minding your own business. You did the right thing.

8 Likes

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2022
You are great.. cry
Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by emmanuelbrown26: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2022
I don't know why maid abuse is very common among women. U hardly hear that a husband abuses d family maid, is alwalys madam.
If madam no beat d maid, she go cause d maid, if she no cause maid, she go accuse husband of sleeping with maid or sending maid errands that are bigger than her. Women why are these gender so wicked and heartless than serpent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by gracealonev: 8:40am On Jun 29, 2022
Anonymoususher:

So na you!
Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by frozen70(f): 10:12am On Jun 29, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Fantastic, you did well to bring her out of that trouble

Have her contact with you ams keep on encouraging her

By the time she gets to a full blown adult, you can share the mail with her and tell her how you rescued her from those stupid fellow

But you ha e to do that by telling her with a prove not sending a copy to her
Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Ulunne777(f): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2022
frozen70:

Fantastic, you did well to bring her out of that trouble

Have her contact with you ams keep on encouraging her

By the time she gets to a full blown adult, you can share the mail with her and tell her how you rescued her from those stupid fellow

But you ha e to do that by telling her with a prove not sending a copy to her

Very unnecessary.
Let her just be.

1 Like

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by mardis: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
God bless you for that act. Posterity will forever bring good fortune to you and your family...

I visited my cousin at Abuja recently where she was telling and showing me her neighbour who is always maltreating a small girl of about 8years or so. She said every now and then is beating upon beating and also doing adult task. Sometimes in the presence of the husband and he will do nothing.

So one day my cousin said this particular beating was so intense that she was hearing the sound of the kain on the girls body and the girl was screaming very loudly in pains. My cousin couldn't hold it and went close to where the sound was coming from and screamed " if you don't stop beating that girl i will call human rights for you" that was how the beating stopped o. From that day no more beating. And the neighbour knows my cousin is a lawyer. So she won’t take that threat lightly.

1 Like

Re: How I Reported My Neighbor To Human Rights For Child Abuse by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Did this take place in Nigeria or some other country? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Excellent Working Mercury Maverick 1550va UPS For Sale SOLD / What Do You Need But Can't Afford Right Now? / Family Values

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.