Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,852 members, 7,956,193 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Introduction To Crypto Trading - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Introduction To Crypto Trading (1132 Views)

How To Make Money From Crypto Trading & Investing For Beginners / Introduction To Learning German Language. / Introduction To Nigerian Criminal Law - History And Sources Of Nigerian Crimina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Crypto Trading by Larynxhedon: 9:52am On Jun 29, 2022
What is Trading?

Trading = buy and sell. Simple!

Cryptocurrency trading refers to the act of speculating on cryptocurrency price fluctuations using a contract for difference (CFD) trading account or buying and selling the underlying coins through an exchange.

Simply put, it means buying and selling cryptocurrencies on exchanges in order to profit from daily price fluctuations. Traders actively monitor the short-term price action of select cryptocurrencies in order to buy low and sell high.

Types of Trading:
This is divided into short term, and long term trading.

A. Short term Trading Techniques

1. Margin/leveraged Trading
Margin or leveraged trading, also known as futures trading, is when you borrow funds from your broker or your exchange to perform CFDs, to either maximize your outcome profit or loss in this regard.

Example:
You have $100, but you apply x5 leverage more = $500 ✅
Hence, if you’re buying BNB, for every 10% move up or down, or whatever stand you take, whether long or short, you'll make $100 profit or loss if the market is sideways.

This type of short-term trading can only last for as long as 1 day to 1 month as much capital as you have.

2. Instant Swap/Trading
Instant and swap trading happens immediately when you process it. This is simply funding your wallet with Naira or USDT wallet to let’s say, buy Bitcoin [https://quidax.com/c/buy-bitcoin-nigeria/], or you swapping Bitcoin back to Naira or USDT.

Instant swap happens on the same spot and does not need any special effects, unlike margin trading. The new Quidax app or website allows you to buy and sell crypto instantly, which means you can easily make a profit daily, especially if there's high volatility (movement) in the market.

3. Spot trading
Spor trading is very similar to how Instant Swap/Trading works, but we’ll focus on how the Quidax orderbook works. There are two types of orders in the orderbook: limit orders and market orders.

a. Limit Order: A limit order is a request to buy or sell Bitcoin at a particular price on the Quidax exchange.

A buy order will only be executed at the limit price (or lower) while A sell order will only be executed at the limit price (or higher).

If you place a buy order at a price below all of the pending sell orders, it will be pending; waiting for the price of Bitcoin to decrease and for a seller to sell Bitcoin at the price of your order before it is filled.

Your purchase order is considered a MAKER ORDER, because it didn’t fill immediately. If it is eventually filled, you will be charged a MAKER FEE of 0.1%.

If you place a buy order at the same price or at a price above any pending sell orders, and it is filled immediately, your buy order is considered a TAKER ORDER. If it is filled, you will be charged a TAKER FEE of 0.3%.

b. Market Order: Same as Instant Swap or instant trading

4. Day Trading
Day trading is a trading method for the short term. It may be quite profitable if you know what you're doing and obey the regulations. Crypto day trading typically involves a lot of work. You must regularly monitor pricing because trades are only open for a brief period of time in order to avoid losing money.

5. Scalping
Scalping is a subset of daytrading. In this instance, traders known as "scalpers" enter many deals and benefit from little price changes. They do this constantly throughout the day.

6. Arbitrage Trading
Beginners may easily generate money with the arbitrage approach. Initially, you might not make a lot of money, but the risk is really small.

Coin prices fluctuate on various exchanges, which is important to understand when discussing arbitrage trading. Therefore, Bitcoin can be traded for $21,000 on Quidax and $21,100 on another exchange.

Arbitrage trading involves purchasing a coin on one exchange and selling it on another.

Take the following instance:
- You buy 10 BTC on Quidax at $45,000 per coin. That’s $450,000.
- You go to the other exchange where BTC sells for $45,100 and you sell all your BTC.
- This means you sold for $451,000 and made a $1,000 gain.
- Because these price variations won't last for very long, you need to trade quickly to avoid loss.

B. Long-term Trading Techniques

1. Position trading
Position trading is a trading technique for the long run. It is similar to hodling, with one exception: during hodling, you acquire the asset and expect a price increase. Position trading, on the other hand, allows you to gamble on an asset's price falling as well.

2. Hodling
Hodling is simply the act of buying crypto with the goal of selling it later to maximize your profit or protect your native currency from inflation in your nation.

3. Investing
Contrarily, there are more than four different sorts of trading that may be classified as investing.

Staking, lending,yield farming, etc. are a few examples.

a. Staking: In order to increase your earnings or amass additional tokens, you can stake some or all of your currencies in a network protocol. There are two different kinds of staking: flexible staking and rigid staking. When compared to flexible, which enables you to unstake your token whenever you choose, inflexible imposes a periodic lock determined by the network and agreed upon by the staker (you).

Perfect example is the QDX token;
When you stake a minimum of 500QDX, you'll get airdrop of another token for free. They've airdrop Shiba Inu, Wakanda Inu, Floki, Matic, and Cardano in the past.

b. Lending is also a close relative of staking, which entails locking or making your coins available to other users on exchanges for borrowing in order to get the profits that such exchanges guarantee. This is often not flexible since the majority of borrowers choose long-term loans, which will impede your own (owner) use.

c. Yield Farming: Farming is a simple word for a sort of investment, but it is a slightly active investment because it entails supplying liquidity in order to receive a portion of the network's fees on an exchange, which is generally a DEX (decentralized exchange) in this case. Farming, for example, is harvesting liquidity. Hence, you must be active so as to avoid avoidable losses.
Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by sweetcandysp: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2022
A short-term trading strategy is day trading. If you know what you're doing and follow the rules, it might be highly profitable. Day trading in cryptocurrencies often takes a lot of effort. Trades are only open for a short time, therefore you must continually check pricing to prevent losing money. https://wordle2game.com

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by Larynxhedon: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2022
5 Tips to master Cryptocurrency Trading

1. Research: Crypto trading takes a lot of time and effort. You have to research and know whether a particular coin/token or project is right for you or not.

2. Know Yourself: Are you a short-term investor or would you prefer to trade long-term? Consider the pros and cons of each and decide on the type of trader you would like to be.

3. Learn the Rules of Trading: This is really where the work comes in. Trading is quite complex, and you’ve got to know how to navigate the market. Charts, analysis, graphs, etc. Even the pros need to continue learning, and you have to as well.

4. Choose the Right Asset: Most traders work with multiple coins. When choosing, consider the coin and its developers, its uses, and the community.

5. Select a Trading Strategy: You also need to learn the right trading strategy. This part is a bit of work as well, but we’ve made sense of it from the types of trading given above.

What is the number 1 Crypto trading tip according to you??
Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by OladapoF(m): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
Yellow Card is still the safest, easiest way to buy and sell Bitcoin with cash or online
Yellow Card is the safest and best way to buy, sell and store Bitcoin in Africa. Visit www.yellowcard.io to get started
Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by EinsteinAyo(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
No lies. I will always recommend YELLOWCARD. I always enjoy good rates anytime I trade on the platform.
OladapoF:
Yellow Card is still the safest, easiest way to buy and sell Bitcoin with cash or online
Yellow Card is the safest and best way to buy, sell and store Bitcoin in Africa. Visit www.yellowcard.io to get started
Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by AyodejiFelix(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
You can Buy Bitcoin with multiple payment options on Yellow Card, tailored to suit your country of origin. Whichever method you choose, you can start trading instantly. Visit www.yellowcard.io to get started

Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by Cold141114(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
@ecomm boss.....i don sub but still not knowing way forward about the it boss.... don't forget me on the run
Re: Introduction To Crypto Trading by mercyfoundme001: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
HOW TO EARN $500 OR MORE WEEKLY WITH $20-50 USING A HIGH-RANKING EXPERT TRADING METHOD ON BINANCE

When I tell people that in everything they do, they should first seek empowered knowledge and updated information, unfortunately, many don't understand it. Many people believe that they can just go online and start a business. Having spent over 8 years in the forex and cryptocurrency markets, I know some good onions that will not make your eyes water. Now, listen well.

Do you know that you don't need to perform any technical analysis on future trading before you can make good money? Do you know that you can make over 567.45% weekly, even beyond all expectations, with just an app? Many have spent a lot of money to learn and trade, while many have also lost a lot of money. But when you engage some tools, either in spot or future trading, you can make good money. Let me break it down for you.

You need a Binance, Bybit, or Kucoin account.
Connect with a high-ranking trader whose primary job is daily trading.
Fund your account with a minimum of $10.
Initiate this trade immediately.
Download their app and keep watching.
Let me tell you what will happen:

When these high-ranked traders are making money, you too are making money.
You make whatever percentage you set in, and many others.
Let me share my experience from last week:

I funded my Binance account with $100.
I traded with just 10 high-ranking traders.
I traded with 10 USDT each.
Each trade gave me 2 USDT profit based on my settings.
That is a total of $120 profit on that very day.
My dear reader, I don't know your level of information when it comes to trading. I don't know if you are still considering starting this business or not. Whatever your decision, please don't just start but acquire full knowledge about it. Like I always say, crypto trading is like crude oil.

For help or support, you can call or chat with me on WhatsApp: +234-09064873736
Email: olurantiprofile@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Unad ! Unad ! Unad ! / Please I Need Help! / List Of Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.