Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Re. Lagos: Who Really Developed It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re. Lagos: Who Really Developed It? (195 Views)

Ohana'eze: Igbos Met Much Of Lagos As Swamp And Developed It. Video. / EXPOSED: Who Really Developed Lagos And Many Parts Of Yoruba Land? / A Picture Of Marina, Lagos State In The 80's. Was It Tinubu That Developed It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re. Lagos: Who Really Developed It? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2022
"Lagos was declared a colony on 5 March 1862. The remainder of modern-day Nigeria was seized in 1887, and when the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria was established in 1914, Lagos became its capital, continuing as such after the country's independence from Britain in 1960. Along with migrants from all over Nigeria and other West African nations were the returnee ex-slaves known as Creoles, who came from Freetown, Sierra Leone, Brazil and the West Indies to Lagos. The Creoles contributed to Lagos' modernisation and their knowledge of Portuguese architecture can still be seen from the architecture on Lagos Island. Since the 19th century, Lagos gradually transformed to a melting pot of Africans and Europeans. Railway links and telephone cables connecting Lagos to London had been established by 1886. Electric street lighting was introduced in the city in 1898. Lagos experienced rapid growth throughout the 1960s and 1970s as a result of Nigeria's economic boom."

"Also, on 12 December 1991, the seat of the Federal Government was also formally relocated to Abuja. However, Lagos remains the financial centre of the country, and also grew to become the most populous conurbation in the country."

Growing up we are always bombarded with talks that El'rufai made Abuja what it is today. Even as a young man I always knew it was a wash.

El'rufai is a governor now for almost all his tenure, people just can't wait for him to get going. Bringing nothing but religious and tribal segregation, a large family to feed and an entittled array of big mouthed children.

Typing....
Re: Re. Lagos: Who Really Developed It? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2022
Tinubu, like El'rufai came when Nigeria was at a flourishing time. They served at the same timeframe actually.

I have realized something in my existence among Nigerians, we have in extreme what I call "PERSONALITY WOSHIP". We worship and follow anyone without asking questions, without thinking for ourselves. That is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Tinubu never made Lagos what it is today. If Tinubu didn't exist Lagos would not change a bit, well maybe the overlording and high-handed malpractice might.

Saying Tinubu will make Nigeria better the way he did Lagos is like Saying Tinubu is a god personified that has been around throughout the existence of the state, gradually developing it.

Typing....
Re: Re. Lagos: Who Really Developed It? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2022
Tinubu is a fraud and the biggest sham of modern Nigeria. Lying is his chariot, money is his weapon.

We reject such shady character in this modern era. If Lagosians decide and crown him a god, Lagos is his boundary.

Tell me one positive thing Tinubu did in Lagos that revolutionalized it and I will tell his actions that dissolved it.

I write this to Awaken the ignorant, by the time he mistakenly wins he will first recuperate the funds spent on the elections then even he will find out the seat is not so comfy.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Denies Suspension Of National Chairman, Iyorchia Au / The Third Force: Nigerian Voters Should Try The “Viable” Third Option. / The Obidients Must Avoid Mouth Diarrhoea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.