Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu (24361 Views)

BREAKING: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu / FG Hires Lawyers In Saudi Arabia To Facilitate The Release Of Zainab Habib / FG Hires Lawyers With N500m To Recover N330bn From MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by SamuelOamen: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
The Federal Government through the Nigerian High Commission to the United Kingdom has hired lawyers to defend a former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice, over allegations of organ harvesting, the Nation has learnt.

The Senate President Ahmad Lawan who disclosed this after a closed-door session of the chamber on Wednesday, added that a delegation of the Chamber would on or before Friday this week visit Ekweremadu and his wife in London.

Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice were last week arrested and arraigned at Oxbridge Magistrates Court in London.

The Court ruled that the former Deputy Senate President and his wife be remanded in custody till July 7, 2022, which is the next adjournment date.

The fact-finding-visit according to Lawan would be undertaken by the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Senator Adamu Bulkachuwa.

He said that the lawmakers were briefed about Ekweremadu’s travail during the closed session and also apprised of the role the Nigerian High Commissioner to United Kingdom, Ambassador Sarafadeen Ishola, has been playing to ensure that Ekweremadu gets all needed assistance.

He commended the High Commissioner and his team for the work they are doing in providing needed consular support for Ekweremadu.

“The High Commission has been providing all Consular Services including the engagement of lawyers to defend Ekweremadu,” Lawan said.

He said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been engaged and is currently providing diplomatic support to Ekweremadu.

He assured Ekweremadu’s family that the Senate would work to get all needed support for Ekweremadu and his wife to overcome the present challenge.

He said: “Because the issue is already in court, there a limit to which we can say on the matter. We assure the family we will continue to do our best to support him.”

Details shortly…

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-hires-lawyers-to-defend-ekweremadu/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by LeoDeKing: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
What nonsense?

Is it that the fed govt is so deaf that it didn't hear what Ekweremadu planned doing to a naive boy?

Just getting set to waste our tax payers money on a useless idiot. angry

325 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by javaguru: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
am following, let's see how this goes,

black vs white lawyers

but shaa who go pay for the case

2 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Malory: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Many commoners are rotting away in jails all over the world yet this thieves have not deemed it fit to look for them.

93 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Pierocash(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
If this is another Nigerian,they won't care to hire a lawyer to defends her citizens. Many innocent Nigerians are languishing in various detention facilities around the world,but the FG of Nigeria cares less about those ones

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by SarkinYarki: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:
What nonsense?

Is it that the fed govt is so deaf that it didn't hear what Ekweremadu planned doing to a naive boy?

Tell us what he planned to do with the boy? Seems you have other info

9 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Creamypie(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
I hope this is fake news. Cos if they think u.k justice is for sale like our this way is, e go shock them.. Ike is 100 % guilty, and he's going to jail. They can't do shit. 1. How did Ike get and start publishing his details online, such as bvn, nin, account details, after he was caught.. for what purposes? those are supposed to be personal stuffs. 2. The letter he claimed, sent to embassy, y no signature from witnesses on both sides? Yes, the boy and witnesses and details must appear there Besides, it would have been confirmed, so with compatibility test by embassy, before they left.una see d fraud? A whole lawyer for that matter. How did d boy know he was going to England to work for his company? Which means Ike has company there, and d boy was told it was his company he would work. I thank God he was nailed in England.if na employment opportunity for u.n or oil company, this boy wouldn't have been known, na ekweremadu kids for occupy them, but if na for needed organ, his kids own for no dey considered, but poor masses pikin them go use

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Karlovych: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
embarassed Hmm, Igboland!!

1 Like

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Unzerious: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
What a Waste of Taxpayers Money.

An Indicted Office Holder being Financially Supported by a Government whose University Workers are on Strike

39 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Newton2024: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Google will be your friend. Ask Google.

Back to the topic.
It is not surprising that criminals would defend their own. They don't even discuss the gravity of Ekweremadus' crime. How many politicians in Nigeria can donate their son's organs to Ekweremadu's daughter? If the poor innocent boy were to be your only child, how would you react to this?

My wish is that jailing Ekweremadu and his wife long sentence would serve as a lesson to our dishonourable polithiefcians who think they are more than gods.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by LeoDeKing: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
SarkinYarki:

He planned to harvest his kidney.

210 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by holluwizzy: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Are u kidding me

Nigeria is as good as fvcked.

9 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Built2last: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
If the visa application letter we saw online is true. The UK government is complicit.

It means Ekweremadu officially informed them of what the boy was going for.

Why did they grant the visa.

We will see how it ends.

6 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by sleek214(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nice one. All these blackmailers, haters, poor souls that will not go and hustle but to wait and look for who to scam, blackmail, insult and abuse. The criminal boy will be deported.. for those praising the criminal boy, go and hustle and always support successful people so you will be successful. Vote whoever your spirit leads you to, don't allow social media trolls blackmail with their rubbish of only PO can guarantee the future of your children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by AntiBMC(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ewwee...a criminal govt defending its criminal loyalists tongue

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Henix(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
2022 Germany New Yam's treatment awaits the Senator in UK prison. Let's see how it goes

12 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by aribisala0(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
How much is this fact finding going to cost Nigeria? Why do we have a High Commission and an Ambassador?

309 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by ivolt: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
This is a bad move.
The British system can become irrational when it comes to the issue of people in power
in order to appear "impartial".
It is better they let Ekweremadu face his legal issue himself.

6 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by gulfer: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
This is purely a private matter for the Ekweremadu's and does not require Nigeria to spend hard-earned FX on trying to get them off the hook. Na this time una go know say UK no be 9ja angry angry angry angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by shine00: 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nice one, as a Nigerian he deserves it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by osmosis5(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
as always, lass lass dem go lose the case
Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by ArewaNightmare: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
grin
Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Eriggs: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Unbelievable

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by VaginaMiners: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Birds of a feather..Nonsense!

309 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
A TALE OF TWO POSTERS.

solidifi:
David the slayer wicked Nigerian politician.

David, whether you're 15 or 21 years is immaterial right now.
The truth is, we need more of you to embarrass, disgrace, expose and end the reign of wicked politicians in Nigeria.

Pause and Ponder:
1. Does it mean that amongst the Ekweremadus nobody could volunteer to save the life their sister? except a poor David who has been neglected and denied the good things of life by the Ekweremadu and his evil political gang in Nigeria. Where is the family love? You can't sacrifice for your sister but another person whose life does not matter can.

2. So, it is better for the Ekwerenadus to live their lives with their two kidneys intact but David to live with one kidney paid for with moneys in ghana-must-go bags from padded budgets in Nigeria for 20 years in the national assembly.

2. Mr Ekweremadu, you spent 8 years as a senate floor member and 12 years as a deputy senate president, totalling 20 years in the national assembly. Please sir, can you mention some names of poor children you helped in any form, by scholarship, learning a trade, hospital bills payment, house rent payment etc.

3. All your children schooled abroad. David does not deserve to school abroad but you and your daughter deserve his kidney. No be so o.

4. If David a poor boy who is not yet married and obviously without even a child right now has 90 years to live on earth, and you have collected one of his kidneys, so the poor boy has about 70 years to live with one kidney.

5. Peradventure, the only kidney you have remained for him fails along the line, who will save him?

6. All of you that have run Nigeria aground MUST painfully pay for it.
All past and present presidents, all past and present governors, except Peter Obi and Prof Soludo, all past and present national assembly members, all past and present ministers.

7. Pig's kidney can work in a human being, I suggest you can go for it. You guys never sustained lives in Nigeria, so you can go for it.

8. For your little daughter, I wish her well. Even though her father and his gang have never sustained lives in Nigeria.

9. London government, please I beg for one thing now. DO NOT bring hero David back to Nigeria. Otherwise, evil politicians in Nigeria will kill him.

Thank you all.

And this from another poster.............

I have done my research on this matter.

As I said from the outset, I cannot and will not condemn my friend and brother Senator Ike Ekweremadu and his beautiful wife unless I see the evidence of their wrongdoing or they are convicted by a court of law.

I am now convinced that there is NO evidence and that they will NOT be convicted.

There is also a distinct possibility that the charges may eventually be dropped or thrown out by the court if the British really want to play it fairly.

I believe that the London Metropolitan Police have acted hastily and in error or that they are simply behaving in a typically racist manner all in an attempt to demonise and stigmatise a Nigerian public figure and Nigerians generally even though the evidence before them cannot possibly justify the charge or a conviction.

When I looked into the matter and considered all the facts, including the young man David Nwaminyi's own testimony which was published on his Facebook page a few hours ago, I asked myself the following questions.

How can this man be so wicked and cruel and how can he be so ready, willing and able repay good with evil?

The Ekweremadus needed help and instead of giving it to them as promised he sought to take advantage of them, milk them dry, endanger the life of their ailing daughter, send them to jail and utterly destroy them.

Was David not sent to the Ekweremadu family by Lucifer?

Is he not the biblical "son of perdition" who takes pleasure in the destruction and misery of others?

Is he not the quintessential sadist?

Is he not a beast in human flesh?

I know Senator Ekweremadu quite well. He is a deeply courageous man and his greatest concern and fear right now will not be for his own safety or future but rather for the welfare of his daughter and the travails of his dear wife

That is the measure of man that he is: he always puts his family first.

And when I consider what this monster called David is doing to them I ask myself, what on earth have they done to deserve all this?

Consider the facts:

A couple have a sick child in a foreign hospital. They needed and asked for your help. You volunteered to donate one of your kidneys to their daughter so she could live.

You were well paid for this purpose. You were of age. You were not underage or a minor. You gave your consent.

Your visa was lawfully and legitimately processed and your purpose for going to the U.K. was disclosed in the visa application.

You were not smuggled across international boarders secretly or illegally, against your will or treated like a slave but rather you were flown on a plane and you entered the U.K. lawfully and willingly.

Our stance @ on this case for now, till the whole truth comes out...

@OP,
We respect your view and the view of the other man we quoted above.
In this life, everything thing they are right depending on what side they are standing. .

The image below explain everything, ,
As they say, a picture speaks more than a thousand words.

All of us @ can only wait for the decision of the court of law at this point.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by ZUBY77(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Stop responding to the him. He is long gone.
Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by kingyakos: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mr and Mrs Ekweremadu should rot in jail

2 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by Iliveforever(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:
What nonsense?

Who’s tax payers money, you dey pay tax from ur 30k stipend?

5 Likes

Re: FG Hires Lawyers To Defend Ekweremadu by VaginaMiners: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:

He planned to harvest his kidney.
So Ekweremadu is an organ miner ?? cheesy

307 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Court Action, Let’s Talk Things Over, Tinubu Tells Ex-Minister, Uche Ogah / Wike Drives A Bulldozer As He Flags Off Road Construction (Photos) / EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.