Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? (203 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? by Joohpi(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
Am taking a boy for home lessons and he is about entering SS1 but he does not know JS1 things. The lesson was initiated by his mum cos she really wants him to be very smart. Sometimes when i give him assignment he would not do it and his reply would be "i had things to do". Of recent i discovered he is always using his mum's phone to watch movie while he is meant to be doing his assignment of reading. He always calls his elder sister to send him data for movie. Seems as if he is not interested but when you ask him he would say he is interested. What should i do?

1 Like

Re: If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
sadly your job is to teach that kid, not raise him...HIS PARENTS should be the ones taking away his mobil phone privileges etc until he bring better grade homes... and most importantly, he should be doing the homework that his private tutor (that aint free) is giving him.
talk to the parents as this is THEIR job, not yours!

you cant teach a kid if he isnt interested to learn!
Re: If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? by 1F30M4(f): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2022
A child that should originally be in JS1, how come he will be in SS1 by September? Even if the system is flawed, his parent(s) waited until it's almost if not too late. I'm not sure this situation can be remedied. That boy isn't interested at all. Has his parent(s) sat him down and asked him about his future ambition? No, I don't think so. You want your child to be smart(like lagbaja in church or the next flat) but you don't even care if he is really putting in adequate efforts, o wrong nau. Teacher sef need help oo, their work no be beans.

To be sincere with you OP, it is not worth it at all, you know why? Frustration go choke. They'll turn a blind eye and a deaf ear(same way they stayed mute and didn't find it worrisome that he was promoted to JS2, JS3 and in a few months SS1) and still blame you for not doing your job well. It would've been better if he had even just a little interest. You can take a horse to the stream but can't force it to drink water. If they really mean well for him, they should ask him what his interests are and help him make progress with it. This is my 2kobo!

1 Like

Re: If It Were To Be You What Would You Do? by Joohpi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
[quote author=1F30M4 post=114319602]A child that should originally be in JS1, how come he will be in SS1 by September? Even if the system is flawed, his parent(s) waited until it's almost if not too late. I'm not sure this situation can be remedied. That boy isn't interested at all. Has his parent(s) sat him down and asked him about his future ambition? No, I don't think so. You want your child to be smart(like lagbaja in church or the next flat) but you don't even care if he is really putting in adequate efforts, o wrong nau. Teacher sef need help oo, their work no be beans.

To be sincere with you OP, it is not worth it at all, you know why? Frustration go choke. They'll turn a blind eye and a deaf ear(same way they stayed mute and didn't find it worrisome that he was promoted to JS2, JS3 and in a few months SS1) and still blame you for not doing your job well. It would've been better if he had even just a little interest i take you comment as my $2

(1) (Reply)

The Funniest Name You've Ever Called A Teacher Before / What Is Human Emotion? / Mini Importation Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.