Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Why Apc Won Ekiti - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Apc Won Ekiti (213 Views)

Ekiti Governor Ayodele Fayose Pictured Having A Hair Cut At Exotic Barbing Salon / How 4 Lagos Based Nigerians Won N100k Each For Using Their Verve ATM Cards / JUST IN!! Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Apc Won Ekiti by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
WHY APC WON EKITI
Politics in Nigeria is so deep and intricate, such that the more you look the less you see. I have my view on what played out in the Ekiti guber election that enabled the APC to comfortably carry the day. I am choosing to keep my thought on why Fayemi could comfortably deliver his candidate within the confines of my heart.
But I agree with Fayose on the point that Oni didn't deserve to be PDP flag bearer in the election. If Fayose and the others didn't stand strong to sustain the PDP when Oni left, there wouldn't have been a PDP for him to return to (to even seek to be the flag bearer). I agree on that. You can't eat your cake and still have it. You shouldn't abandon your own when the chips are down, and then you come back to take possession when that which you abandoned has now become attractive. However I believe that if Segun Oni was the flag bearer of the PDP, the outcome of the election would have been different altogether.

Irrespective of which party won the election, what is most important is that the election in Ekiti was transparent and the votes of the people counted. Whether such votes were bought is a different thing.
May INEC keep up the work of transparent elections in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Clean And Soundtoyota Highlander For Sale With Full Options In Good / Late Gospel Singer Osinachi, Peter Nwachukwu Escapes From Kuje Prison / Fried Rock Buns (scones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.