Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope (948 Views)

Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / APC Reacts To Atiku And Peter Obi's 'the Candidates' Interview, / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nigerians don’t get it, no messiah will save this country.
The first problem is poor education. Nigerians are not educated, they don't even know simple home economics and how to live with moderation (I.e giving birth to one child, minimalist living etc. )

The second is Overpopulation as long as people keep giving birth and following the model of going to school to secure a good job. Nothing will work out We have more people than resources

The third is Peak Oil and global economic collapse all these things are not sustainable, the economy will collapse and that is just Murphys law.

Peter obi cannot save this country,.
It is too big for him, don't believe that any one else will but the way I see Nigerians giving their all.
I wonder why if Peter that couldn't create and maintain a sustainability in Anambra will do so in Nigeria.

NIGERIA IS BIG O.
IT IS BIG O

Take a trip to Mambilla by road and see For yourself this country is big o.

Solutions

Think farm, Think Household Think trees. Start
Planting Avocado pear trees now
Start any kind of permaculture in your house or village (Home town)
The kind of suffering that is coming will be Biblical.

Peter Obi cannot save you o.

Tor

3 Likes

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Ofemmanu1: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
No matter the weight of an elephant, e no fit cause earthquake.
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Toluwanise247(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
God bless you the writer, we should understand that this man is out of system for some years now. I don’t think he can do something meaningful the burden is to much. They same way shout say baba in 2014 now we have all seen the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by 07kjb: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
Starting from somewhere and willingness to do the right things is what we are asking for

NIGERIA is big..is NIGERIA bigger than Canada that all of us are rushing to go

Stop discouraging people joor

2 Likes

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Vulturereloaded: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
Do you know how hard it is to turn 100,000 to 100 million?

Peter started as a trader, went to bank boards, then governor and back to trading.

He is still into large scale retail and several other businesses. He knows the bottlenecks in trade, and challenges facing SME'S

He is able to analyse the effects of a policy on the common man on the streets, because he is both at the board level and street level.

Unlike tinubu and the rest of the politicians that have only earned income by working for someone or looting in government.

That is the reason Nigeria goes to the easier option of borrowing to feed, because those in the leadership, lack the creative ability to turn opportunity into money.

The countries they borrow from, became rich through trading and not sponsoring elections to earn looted funds in return.

If you give peter obi 1000,000 and give tinubu 1,000,000 to invest, peter obi will invest in business creating lasting jobs and growing the economy.

While tinubu will invest in an election, get 1000 returns, create unemployment and further increase borrowing.

Nigeria needs peter obi, or it sinks . A country that spends 90% on debt servicing and borrows to pay salaries, is already on life support.

Guess where a visionless government that lacks the ability to create wealth, will seek for funds, once its liabilities exceed its borrowing capacity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
You don't understand anything.

You need to travel to the North

You don't know the kind of people he's up against
I particularly chose that journey.
So that you can see the road from Jalingo to Seriti
Yelwa
And see what the Fulanis did there.

You will know that Peter Obi cannot save this country.
It is up to us, together.

The enemy is bigger than you and I.

1 Like

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nigeria problem is not economical.
It is social.
Many Nigerians have money but don't know what to spend it on
They keep building different houses and buying cars, Think people thinking home investments.

But are they even educated enough to see the wealth they possess?

Go and read about Thomas Sankara and the things he did for Burkina Faso,
We are talking sustainability, education, uplifted of a race out of mental poverty.

You think it's about economics.
No, Think bigger!

Nigeria is too big for any PETER OBI shape or form.

We need education, serious education for these disgruntled youths queuing to write Jamb and look for Job in Ikeja along are powder kegs waiting to explode.
We are in serious trouble and Peter Obi is not the solution

1 Like

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ohhh OP,
Truer words have not been written,
I can just imagine the 'amount' of hope and most importantly POSITIVE ENERGY that would be drained after 2023,
What nobody can explain to me is why is Nigeria chasing everybody from their regions?
Why are majority of Nigerian citizens ready to 'japa'?
I am from the SW and I know for sure whatever is chasing everybody would follow them to the SW and that gives me reason to worry!
But nobody seems to care
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Factcheck0001: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Do you know how hard it is to turn 100,000 to 100 million?

Peter started as a trader, went to bank boards, then governor and back to trading.

He is still into large scale retail and several other businesses. He knows the bottlenecks in trade, and challenges facing SME'S

He is able to analyse the effects of a policy on the common man on the streets, because he is both at the board level and street level.

Unlike tinubu and the rest of the politicians that have only earned income by working for someone or looting in government.

That is the reason Nigeria goes to the easier option of borrowing to feed, because those in the leadership, lack the creative ability to turn opportunity into money.

The countries they borrow from, became rich through trading and not sponsoring elections to earn looted funds in return.

If you give peter obi 1000,000 and give tinubu 1,000,000 to invest, peter obi will invest in business creating lasting jobs and growing the economy.

While tinubu will invest in an election, get 1000 returns, create unemployment and further increase borrowing.

Nigeria needs peter obi, or it sinks . A country that spends 90% on debt servicing and borrows to pay salaries, is already on life support.

Guess where a visionless government that lacks the ability to create wealth, will seek for funds, once its liabilities exceed its borrowing capacity.
then what happened to the money both invested below here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by FamTomx2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Psiyohos:
Nigerians don’t get it, no messiah will save this country.
The first problem is poor education. Nigerians are not educated, they don't even know simple home economics and how to live with moderation (I.e giving birth to one child, minimalist living etc. )

The second is Overpopulation as long as people keep giving birth and following the model of going to school to secure a good job. Nothing will work out We have more people than resources

The third is Peak Oil and global economic collapse all these things are not sustainable, the economy will collapse and that is just Murphys law.

Peter obi cannot save this country,.
It is too big for him, don't believe that any one else will but the way I see Nigerians giving their all.
I wonder why if Peter that couldn't create and maintain a sustainability in Anambra will do so in Nigeria.

NIGERIA IS BIG O.
IT IS BIG O

Take a trip to Mambilla by road and see For yourself this country is big o.

Solutions

Think farm, Think Household Think trees. Start
Planting Avocado pear trees now
Start any kind of permaculture in your house or village (Home town)
The kind of suffering that is coming will be Biblical.

Peter Obi cannot save you o.

Tor

@bolded

I was reading and meditating till I got to the bolded, then I had to stop cos I have logged into the page of a sadist..

Life of mediocrity....

You can still vote for Obi for a better Nigerian.
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by 1nice(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
Their conspiracy against Peter Obi will never succeed and all their evils plans against Labour Party will surely fail.

Peter Obi is a political leader who is ready to serve Nigerians and who wants to use his visionary ideas for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Peter Obi has come to make Nigeria great again.

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by 1nice(m): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
1nice:
Their conspiracy against Peter Obi will never succeed and all their evils plans against Labour Party will surely fail.

Peter Obi is a political leader who is ready to serve Nigerians and who wants to use his visionary ideas for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Sorry for the wrong picture

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Amumaigwe: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
Toluwanise247:
God bless you the writer, we should understand that this man is out of system for some years now. I don’t think he can do something meaningful the burden is to much. They same way shout say baba in 2014 now we have all seen the outcome.

But Tinubu left the system long before Obi. Why are you then promoting him?

It is indeed a difficult job countering Obi 's candidacy.
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by babasolution: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
07kjb:
Starting from somewhere and willingness to do the right things is what we are asking for

NIGERIA is big..is NIGERIA bigger than Canada that all of us are rushing to go

Stop discouraging people joor

Canada is just about 30million people, the resources they of which oil is a major one like Nigeria can more than sustain them
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
Check my profile, you will see that my concern is about the welfare of ordinary Nigerians, and how we can live amidst the injustice and machinations against us

I have nothing against Peter Obi.

But Too Much Hope eventually lead to despair.

Look at how Obama failed Black Americans.

Peter Obi cannot do magic.
The tide is surely against him.

That's if he even wins
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Vulturereloaded: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Factcheck0001:
then what happened to the money both invested below here

What happened to the companies they both invested?

Tinubu made money, what happened to the staff of that company?

The company obi invested in will outlive tinubu and obi. Can be worth anything.

Company stocks and shares rise and fall. The most important is that the business is still alive.

And has the second highest market share in the brewery industry in Nigeria.

Nigeria made money during oil boom, where is Nigeria today?

Its not about cashing out, its about consistency.
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Factcheck0001: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

What happened to the companies they both invested?

Tinubu made money, what happened to the staff of that company?

The company obi invested in will outlive tinubu and obi. Can be worth anything.

Company stocks and shares rise and fall. The most important is that the business is still alive.

And has the second highest market share in the brewery industry in Nigeria.

Nigeria made money during oil boom, where is Nigeria today?

Its not about cashing out, its about consistency.
what’s d essence of a business still alive but u lost n a business that is no longer alive but u gained?

Are u for real?
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Pauladex(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
People express so much hope that Osinbanjo will win primary but he didn't even come close. To win election in Nigeria, you must have people who are ready to die for you on ground to defend your vote. It is possible in South East but in Bornu who will stand against emperors who have made billions from both big parties. They have followers, they direct them and they obey. Last Friday to election is when elections are lose and won in the North.
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Vulturereloaded: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
Factcheck0001:
what’s d essence of a business still alive but u lost n a business that is no longer alive but u gained?

Are u for real?

Yes. A living business is better than a dead one. What was zoom worth before?

Even facebook share prices fall. Its not always about what you gain instantly. Its about keeping people employed and also making gains.

Haven't anambra been receiving dividends from the investment over the years?

The question most of you fail to answer is this.

How much debt did tinubu meet in lagos.

What was the IGR of lagos when tinubu took over compared to Anambra?

How come obi met a debt of 35 billion, cleared it and still found money to invest?

Does it mean tinubu will invest Nigerias money make money, and then Nigeria collapses?
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by lexxwiz(m): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
Psiyohos:
You don't understand anything.

You need to travel to the North

You don't know the kind of people he's up against
I particularly chose that journey.
So that you can see the road from Jalingo to Seriti
Yelwa
And see what the Fulanis did there.

You will know that Peter Obi cannot save this country.
It is up to us, together.

The enemy is bigger than you and I.

So what’s the way out?
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Factcheck0001: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Yes. A living business is better than a dead one. What was zoom worth before?

Even facebook share prices fall. Its not always about what you gain instantly. Its about keeping people employed and also making gains.

Haven't anambra been receiving dividends from the investment over the years?

The question most of you fail to answer is this.

How much debt did tinubu meet in lagos.

What was the IGR of lagos when tinubu took over compared to Anambra?

How come obi met a debt of 35 billion, cleared it and still found money to invest?

Does it mean tinubu will invest Nigerias money make money, and then Nigeria collapses?
u mean this?

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Whois(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
Change begins with us, the bad eggs in APC/PDP will continue to lead if we do nothing

Psiyohos:
Check my profile, you will see that my concern is about the welfare of ordinary Nigerians, and how we can live amidst the injustice and machinations against us

I have nothing against Peter Obi.

But Too Much Hope eventually lead to despair.

Look at how Obama failed Black Americans.

Peter Obi cannot do magic.
The tide is surely against him.

That's if he even wins

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
lexxwiz:

So what’s the way out?

Tell the Big Men in Nigeria to invest in sports.
That's the only end in itself capable of supporting the bludgeoning youths churning out disproportionately

Educate our women and girls about the economic importance of family planning

Tax every car driving Nigerian and invest the money In education.

Reinstate Home Economics, Literature and History in our curriculum and let it Taught from Primary to tertiary regardless of course of choice....

Just maybe we can get it right in the next 20 years

And if 6 people invest 100 million(Apc Primary elections money) on these.
Nigeria will get somewhere.

We don't even have a civility that's the painful part. You can't even assure yourself of simple civility from your next door neighbour and this goes beyond who is in power. This is a rut in our society. A damnation of life
The German call Luben suwartes Luben

We are just holding on to an Illusion. OBI Or Not
Nigeria is in serious trouble
Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Vulturereloaded: 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Factcheck0001:
u mean this?

I mean this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OrPUA6cb3U

Did obiano transfer the debt he met from obi to soludo? Where did he get money to work?

Re: PETER OBI & The Problem Of Too Much Hope by Psiyohos: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2023
PETER GREGORY 0BI !
PETER GREGORY OBI !!
PETER GREGORY OBI !!!

how many times did I call you ?

Run now, back to PDP so that you can rebuild with Atiku for 2027
Don't let them hang you on that cross called Labour Party.
You have tried your best now go back to common sense. They are the buyer and the seller.

LEAVE NOW!
Leave NOW!

(1) (Reply)

As A Peter Obi Fan, What Will You Do If Peter Obi Accepts VP To Kwakwanso? / PHOTOS: Buhari Unveils New NNPC Logo / Simon Ekpa :watch Another Round Of Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.