Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Afribank : Why Is The Shares Going Up? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Afribank : Why Is The Shares Going Up? (986 Views)

Afribank Shareholders Sue CBN Over Revocation Of Bank’s Licence / What Is My Fate As Afribank Shareholder? / Afribank Public Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afribank : Why Is The Shares Going Up? by MT: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2007
Why is afribank share shooting up everyday ?. What could cause this ?.

I asked this question cos quite a lot of people referred to afribank as old generation bank. So, i was surprised to see their shares even overtaking oceanic and intercontinental

Educative comments pls
Re: Afribank : Why Is The Shares Going Up? by Temmie10(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2007
1. The company was on technical suspension for the most part of the first quarter of 2007. This was a very bullish period in NSE.
Right now, the company is more or less playing catch up.

2. The company released very good financial results including a decent bonus issue, many investors love bonus and they are gettin in.

3. The purely speculative trend of companies just released from technical suspension appreciating aggressively

4. There is still a rumour that the company will be placed on technical suspension again as they want to go for a public offer soon, so there is talk of a strategic moppin up of the shares as well as investors taking position.
Re: Afribank : Why Is The Shares Going Up? by afroil: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Temmie10,
U are more than current as regards the Stock's News.

@MT,
Explanation given by Temmie10 is d exact reason why Afribank share price currently shooting to d roof.
1:5 bonus & 30k div,also warming up for PO(Public Offer)

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo / NSE Stock Trials From Easykobo Finance Website / Why And How I Setup FCMB Otunba Sumbumi Balogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.