Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,476 members, 7,958,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards (364 Views)

Reno Omokri: Adoption Of Old Anthem A Giant Step Backwards, I Am Sad / The North Is Backwards In Development; El Rufai Is An Arrogant Miscreant / This is why this country is backwards. (People Against Innovations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by RenaissanceGuy: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
In America and the developed countries generally, development is spread across the country, but here in Nigeria, it's concentrated in two places - Lagos and Abuja. That's why Lagos is over congested because that's where almost all businesses, manufacturing and industries are located. Imagine people spending as much as 6 hours in the traffic due to overpopulation.

FG should move headquarters of several major agencies to other states, so as to attract development there. It should also mandate incoming foreign investors to go to other states instead of Lagos. Because it's not helping Lagos/Lagosians at all. I can't imagine waking up 4am and getting to my workplace by 8am.
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by RenaissanceGuy: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
For example, in the US many big companies have their headquarters and mega factories employing tens of thousands of people, in different states across the country instead of everybody converging in New York or Washington DC, like it's in Nigeria.
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by Totilopussylick(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
They should first of all wipe out all the bad elements in other states tongue.

Kano

Borno

Anambra

Kastina

Kogi

Imo

Delta

Those states are rising up with several development that can attract investors but the fear of bandits and kidnappers is making it hard.
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by RenaissanceGuy: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Major US companies and their HQ locations:
California (Adobe, Google, Apple, Chevron, eBay, Facebook, etc.)
Texas (ExxonMobil, AT&T - largest telecom provider in the US, Dell, American Airlines, Mary Kay, etc).

Whereas 100% of banks have their headquarters in Lagos or Abuja, in the US, they are scattered across the country. This causes the uniform spread of job availability across the country, instead of everybody hustling to come to one city to make it.
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by BBBricks: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
I pray they listen to you
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by RenaissanceGuy: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
Can you imagine that the headquarters of the CIA is not in Washington DC, but Virginia? Why can't DSS, NNPC or police HQ be in Bayelsa or Uyo? Or INEC HQ be in Enugu? Or MTN's be in Kaduna?
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by RenaissanceGuy: 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
BBBricks:
I pray they listen to you
LOL. Only if we have a president that can use the Internet, to feel the pulse of the citizens.
Re: This Is The MAIN Reason Nigeria Is Backwards by Emibolt: 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
First and foremost, Vote peter Obi and bring this idea after u must have voted.
Nobody dat borrowed money worth up to a billion naira to pay delegates will not settle the debt first, make profit and then leave it just to develop anywhere.
VOTE PETER AND UR COMPLAINTS WILL END.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To His Excellency, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso / A Vision I Saw Of Nigeria Christians Please Read / Peter Obi Doesn’t Collect Pension?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.