Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

The South Has Only One Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South Has Only One Candidate (3088 Views)

An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex / Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. / North And South Has Endorse Tinubu Presidency 2023,nobody Will Stop That – Oluda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
Its unfortunate that people of the South cannot see that Peter Obi is the only candidate of the south.

Tinubu is old and sick, and its natural. I know he must be taking alot of drugs before every appearance. These drugs will still have a negative effect on his health later, because of the unnecessary stress he put his ailing body through.

Now, for some reason he is unable to perform his functions as a president, due to health challenges, then what happens?

The Yaradua situation happens and the North takes over ?

Then the South will ask the North not to contest second term, so that we can complete our 8 years?

The North then reminds us that GEJ contested for second tenure. And the use all their military, banditary might to win the elections.

What then happens to the Southern dream? We the south, cant be dreaming through Tinubu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by helinues: 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
People can't see Obi cos he's only marking register..

Obi only know the direction but not the destination.

He could have defected from Pdp long time and build LP..

His yesterday popularity can't over take those who have been popular for decades

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by onumadu: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
Of course!

See what Tinubu collects from Lagos State government since leaving office in 2007 by the law passed by him as governor:

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years.
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom.
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, gardeners, and domestic staff, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years for furniture allowance.
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his maintenance allowance.
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his basic annual salary for car maintenance.
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving officer as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenance of any kind
7. No personal assistants paid by the state
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by helinues: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
It be like the people above just finished from Whatsapp group meeting..

grin

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
Thats the challenge facing Wike and Southern politicians. They know that peter obi represents a change in the system, and they want the system to remain.

They also know tinubu is a high risk. So they either sacrifice the system for a better Nigeria for all, or risk handing power to the North, through the ailing Tinubu.

I pray, the make the sacrifice, for the future generations to come, and support Obi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Totilopussylick(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
They should kuku name street after Tinubu in the federal capital.

Make him just go sit down tongue undecided

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by VeryWickedGoat: 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
Tinubu must rule Nigeria
He is my preferred candidate because he is the most wicked.

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Gohs: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Peter Obi is our next president..

Go and confirm!

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
helinues:

His yesterday popularity can't over take those who have been popular for decades

Thieves and looters can never be popular in this space again...in Jesus name.

Supporters of thieves and looters...

popularity my foot...

3 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by helinues: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Thieves and looters can never be popular in this space again...in Jesus name.

Supporters of thieves and looters...

popularity my foot...

Meanwhile, no place for a saint in Nigeria political space
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
helinues:

Meanwhile, no place for a saint in Nigeria political space

that babachir Lawal picked the form for tinubu didn't discourage you...

it's either they have increased your bmc salary due to election things or you just dey type to save face...

either ways....enough is enough for thieves

3 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Abfinest007(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Omo
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by helinues: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

that babachir Lawal picked the form for tinubu didn't discourage you...

it's either they have increased your bmc salary due to election things or you just dey type to save face...

either ways....enough is enough for thieves

What rada rada is this one saying?
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Afamsi: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
Only people with functional brains will agree with you

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2022
Afamsi:
Only people with functional brains will agree with you

The south can't invest in Tinubu. Thats why the North wants a muslim vice, incase the yaradua situation occurs.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by PapaHadum: 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
onumadu:
Of course!

See what Tinubu collects from Lagos State government since leaving office in 2007 by the law passed by him as governor:

2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years for furniture allowance.
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.

This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving officer as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
10. Not even pure water.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

He is warming up to collect quadruple from Abuja in 2023.

Olorun o maje
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
helinues:

What rada rada is this one saying?

supporter of thieves na hungry thief.

Hope you Gerrit now

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by 9japride(m): 2:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Those who always support wicked leaders are wicked themselves. Use Anambra state as a reference purpose. Check out all the APC candidates presented for governorship elections and see if those are the kind of people you all will prefer to govern your respective states? Africa is still underdeveloped because it has a large number of very wicked and selfish individuals. If one tries to understand the mindset of those wicked, tribalistic and bigoted fellows who always intentionally support bad products, it is usually meaningless. I have the feeling that most foreigners come to nairaland and deliberately support evil and wicked leaders so as to bring Nigeria down. Their aim is to ensure that Nigeria does not progress, so that their various countries can catch up to the high standard in Nigeria. It's hard for me to believe that one who truly calls him/herself a Nigerian will intentionally want to obstruct progress of the country?

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by ezegold4we: 4:41am On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi is unstopped, only fool's, illiterates, greedy souls And political touts will be campaigning for Tinubu or ATIKU,
My joy is that 80% of youthful voter's will vote for OBI.

2 Likes

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2022
9japride:
Those who always support wicked leaders are wicked themselves. Use Anambra state as a reference purpose. Check out all the APC candidates presented for governorship elections and see if those are the kind of people you all will prefer to govern your respective states? Africa is still underdeveloped because it has a large number of very wicked and selfish individuals. If one tries to understand the mindset of those wicked, tribalistic and bigoted fellows who always intentionally support bad products, it is usually meaningless. I have the feeling that most foreigners come to nairaland and deliberately support evil and wicked leaders so as to bring Nigeria down. Their aim is to ensure that Nigeria does not progress, so that their various countries can catch up to the high standard in Nigeria. It's hard for me to believe that one who truly calls him/herself a Nigerian will intentionally want to obstruct progress of the country?

You dont need foreigners to bring Nigeria down. 90% of the accounts you see campaigning for Tinubu, belong to one person.

He feels he is fighting for his ethnic group, but himself ,family and relations are suffering offline.

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2022
Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by 9japride(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

You dont need foreigners to bring Nigeria down. 90% of the accounts you see campaigning for Tinubu, belong to one person.

He feels he is fighting for his ethnic group, but himself ,family and relations are suffering offline.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's true, it's those kind of species of human beings that make whites to look down on blacks. You will be surprised that that wicked minded fellow campaigning for funny characters are doing so to gather enough funds to send their families to USA, Canada, Australia and other developed countries. While ignorant followers will think they are fighting for them. The youths are not learning anything from the life styles of politicans and their aids. They all their families abroad, while they use Nigeria as their dirty hustling schemes.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by specialmati(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

shocked shocked shocked shocked this man self. Why do you guys of zombies confraternity always with a closed mind. No matter how long darkness must have covered a region just a little light can bring change. Let give change and support change to rescue this country from the mess its now. Don't allow this old money bags win for any reason
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Carlosdd: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2022
onumadu:
Of course!

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
10. Not even pure water.

THE Anambra State House of Assembly has passed a bill to give adequate pensions, allowances and other privileges on former democratically elected Governors and Deputy Governors of the state.
With the passage of the law, the Anambra State Governors’ Law, 2005 and the subsequent amendment were repealed.
Cited as the State Governors’ Pensions Law, 2009, the bill was sponsored by  Lilian Okosi, P. I. Obichukwu, Tim Egboka, Nnamdi Ezike and Bridget Chukwuka.

Essentially, the bill provides for life pension for a person who held office as Governor in accordance with the law, at a rate equivalent to his last salary in office subject to review from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the state Accountant General.
It also provides for an official car, two personal aides and provision of adequate security for his person during his lifetime at the expense of the state government.
Other provisions include allowances for cook, steward, driver and gardener to be determined from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the Head of Service and medical attention for his person, subject to the approval of the incumbent Governor.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2022
Carlosdd:

THE Anambra State House of Assembly has passed a bill to give adequate pensions, allowances and other privileges on former democratically elected Governors and Deputy Governors of the state.
With the passage of the law, the Anambra State Governors’ Law, 2005 and the subsequent amendment were repealed.
Cited as the State Governors’ Pensions Law, 2009, the bill was sponsored by  Lilian Okosi, P. I. Obichukwu, Tim Egboka, Nnamdi Ezike and Bridget Chukwuka.

Essentially, the bill provides for life pension for a person who held office as Governor in accordance with the law, at a rate equivalent to his last salary in office subject to review from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the state Accountant General.
It also provides for an official car, two personal aides and provision of adequate security for his person during his lifetime at the expense of the state government.
Other provisions include allowances for cook, steward, driver and gardener to be determined from time to time by the incumbent Governor on the advice of the Head of Service and medical attention for his person, subject to the approval of the incumbent Governor.

Go and get records of pension received by peter obi in the last 4 years. Or are you people not fact checkers again? He said he does not receive pension.

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Carlosdd: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Go and get records of pension received by peter obi in the last 4 years. Or are you people not fact checkers again? He said he does not receive pension.

We argue with fact he was anambra governor when the law was pass , so what are you saying , is he just became ex governor 4 years ago ?
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Carlosdd: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2022
ezegold4we:
Peter Obi is unstopped, only fool's, illiterates, greedy souls And political touts will be campaigning for Tinubu or ATIKU,
My joy is that 80% of youthful voter's will vote for OBI.

Tinubu is unstoppable only fools , haters , envious, jealousy, bitter people will be campaigning for Obi , my joy is that Tinubu supporters are real people with voters card and on ground to vote their candidate

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Carlosdd:

We argue with fact he was anambra governor when the law was pass , so what are you saying , is he just became ex governor 4 years ago ?

I am just making the work easier for u by saying 4 years.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Carlosdd:

Tinubu is unstoppable only fools , haters , envious, jealousy, bitter people will be campaigning for Obi , my joy is that Tinubu supporters are real people with voters card and on ground to vote their candidate

Aging and health challenges are also unstoppable. So tinubu is still a high risk, the South is unwilling to take.

1 Like

Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by stanluiz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nice one. I have been saying the same thing. That the reason Northerners are supporting and rooting for Muslim Muslim VP.

Tinubu is very old and sick. He is already shaking. A sign of perkison disease.
Re: The South Has Only One Candidate by Vulturereloaded: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
stanluiz:
Nice one. I have been saying the same thing. That the reason Northerners are supporting and rooting for Muslim Muslim VP.

Tinubu is very old and sick. He is already shaking. A sign of perkison disease.

Even Tinubu is trapped. If he chooses a muslim vice the South will abandon him completely. If he chooses a christian, the North will abandon him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Gombe Women Welcomed Peter Obi As He Visits Gombe State. / Why We Should Stop Shaming Yorubas For Outcome Of The 2023 General Election / The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria Is Dead??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.