Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan (6088 Views)

See How A 10-yr Old Nigerian Shame Her Haters Wit Clothing Line In New York(pics / How Does One Register A Fashion (clothing) Line In Nigeria? / Gliding Down The Catwalk In Milan, Wake Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by dramenda(f): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
SCA
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Lolabbey: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
keep up d good jab brov
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by victorazy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
Are those cloths Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by vislabraye(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Thats great, More grease to his elbow
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by MPEROR: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
Kudos to you keep up the good work
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by kandiikane(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
@OP, I have gone through all your photos on facebook and I have not seen one garment that is inspiring or I would want to wear. The designs are very plain and the fabrics you used especially what looked like satin( can look very awful depending on what you are making).
If you really want to make it as a designer in Milan you have to think outside the box because with these garments you are playing very safe and do research on what is on/colours/fabrics etc(especially since you want to incorporate both African and Italian styles). With what I have seen, you just look like someone who can sew nothing else. . To be a designer, you have to think outside the box, inspire people, "wow" people and have something that people would want to wear. I am assuming you have not showed your garments in Milan fashion week  and I will tell you to do a bit more research especially styles surfacing from Africa.

There are people on facebook who incorporate African and western fashion and I think you should check them out. .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nkya-Designs/93265009572
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by hackney(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
nice one. keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Tunmi(f): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Contact BellaNaija to get featured on their website and set up a FaceBook page, a professional page, while you're at it.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by dblessed(f): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
i'm loving this, please keep dreams and hope alive.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Meddler(f): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
kandiikane:

@OP, I have gone through all your photos on facebook and I have not seen one garment that is inspiring or I would want to wear. The designs are very plain and the fabrics you used especially what looked like satin( can look very awful depending on what you are making).
If you really want to make it as a designer in Milan you have to think outside the box because with these garments you are playing very safe and do research on what is on/colours/fabrics etc(especially since you want to incorporate both African and Italian styles). With what I have seen, you just look like someone who can sew nothing else. . To be a designer, you have to think outside the box, inspire people, "wow" people and have something that people would want to wear. I am assuming you have not showed your garments in Milan fashion week  and I will tell you to do a bit more research especially styles surfacing from Africa.

There are people on facebook who incorporate African and western fashion and I think you should check them out. .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nkya-Designs/93265009572
Seconded!!! Very uninspiring. You have potential but u need to put in more effort. Wish you tons of luck smiley
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Hakeemilan(m): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
I am so happy to have bn born in Nigeria,if not some people!s comment could just make Rome fall,but absolutely i SAY a big thanks to those who knows what it means to put up stuffs like this together,

No designer wld wake up a day and start designing anyhow stuff,you get inspired by some stuff,each cloth you make must read a meaning ,ofcourse not always positive and not always negative,

I am Glad @ 22 i could pay my bills and as well do my stuff my in my own very "" way i do not depend on any1 and God has always bn ma strenght,for those who ask for info ,mails or about getting my products we can talk better on facebook cos i still have to learn more on how to use nairaland i dont know how 2 respond @ each post.

For those who asked if i do male stuff ,i do also , but for now just female ,probably some stuff during winter .i hope every1 in here could feel free to talk to me and share there opiniion,i learn new stuffs everyday from different people ,

Some1 asked me not to stay too attached with the model , lol there are some places where we have to stay together ,just like (stylist@work), Wishing every1 a splendid evening P.S wondering if some1 knows more abt the bellanaija stuff e se mo du pe oo,

Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by kandiikane(m): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
I am so happy to have bn born in Nigeria,if not some people!s comment could just make Rome fall,but absolutely i SAY a big thanks to those who knows what it means to put up stuffs like this together,

No designer wld wake up a day and start designing anyhow stuff,you get inspired by some stuff,each cloth you make must read a meaning ,ofcourse not always positive and not always negative,

Ofcourse, many people who know nothing about fashion would say it is nice(because you are Nigerian) without giving you any helpful feedback but I have studied it and what I have written is the truth. . If one cannot take criticism one can never make it in the fashion industry. .
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by buy1get2(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
thumbs up bruv!!!
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by begwong: 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
Bro,thumbs up.Meanwhile accept the criticisms in good faith as a necessity for new innovations/inventions.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Hakeemilan(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
sure sure
I am so thanking you all****
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by CrazyChica: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
BEAURIFUL* esp the last black piece
a suggestion for u dear: try and make ur clothing fitted, and use black models too alongside whites! kip the flag flying bro. u r
ock!
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by 190: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sule Sule Sule Sule Sule
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Hakeemilan(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by uonyekwere(m): 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
This is very good, you are making some real moves! Milan is biiiig!!! Keep it up my brotha!!
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by jkpretty(f): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2011
Is there another way  can locate ur page. like searching ur name cos the link is not opening on my phone.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by nkfashion(f): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2011
Nice one bro. You have good collection nd a very creative mind! Hope we can work together someday. Am an Interior designer am also into Senegallese Men and ladies wears, i have nice materials from turkey and a very nice design mind! Facebook me.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Hakeemilan(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am still working on my personal website ,cos now most people are going on holiday here ,for now i just have the facebook page i hope to grow and develop my skills tru you guys ,ofcourse Nigerians are wonderful people.
For those who have access to PC ,visit my personal page on facebook click like , comment feel free to say your mind remember each comments you give ,makes me move on for now thats just what i need ,

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Hakeem-Lawal/170025829732975
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by Belbicken: 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ hollandis u just spoke my mind, i no fit laugh, are they ladies? Aba indeed.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by BABE3: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2011
Hakeemilan:

I am so happy to have bn born in Nigeria,if not some people!s comment could just make Rome fall,but absolutely i SAY  a big thanks to those who knows what it means to put up stuffs like this together,

I am Glad @ 22 i could pay my bills and as well do my stuff my in my own very "" way i do not depend on any1 and God has always bn ma strenght,for those who ask for info ,mails or about getting my products we can talk better on facebook cos i still have to learn more on how to use nairaland i dont know how 2  respond @ each post.

undecided undecided 

Typical Nigerian! Simple constructive criticism, they cannot take!  undecided

Those cloths are cheap-looking. I hope you know what Milan means---that's like the "fashion center" of the fashion world (so to speak). You can't  just wake up and start making random clothes.  angry Those cloths are un-inspiring.

They don't look nice as couture pieces. They don't look nice as "ready to wear" pieces. The materials look cheap. I wouldn't think of wearing or buying those. I wouldn't even think of reblogging those pieces on tumblr (I would start losing followers if I did).  grin (Not trying to be mean).

The people that are saying the clothes are nice are "high".  grin It's obvious they don't know much about fashion---real fashion or they're just lying to you.

On the bright side; You need to step up your game. Expand your horizon. I don't know how you're gonna do that, but sha find a way-------

Goodluck.  smiley

Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by kandiikane(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2011
Lool Babe, I was trying to be as polite as I could be and you just went in lol. .
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by BABE3: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Lool Babe, I was trying to be as polite as I could be and you just went in lol. .

I was actually quite polite. I was just being very honest. smiley
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by sulesule1: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
Those clothes look so cheap and ugly, i completely agree with you babe, even the models are wowo, they went to carry old women that should be feeding their children to model clothes, abeggi, stop disgracing our country with ur unprofessionalism
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by BABE3: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
sule sule:

Those clothes look so cheap and ugly, i completely agree with you babe, even the models are wowo, they went to carry old women that should be feeding their children to model clothes, abeggi, stop disgracing our country with your unprofessionalism

I trust you--blunt as hell. grin
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by BabaRamo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
Good Luckto you, guy.
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by TmeD0(m): 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
sule sule:

Those clothes look so cheap and ugly, i completely agree with you babe, even the models are wowo, they went to carry old women that should be feeding their children to model clothes, abeggi, stop disgracing our country with  your  unprofessionalism

lwkmd! dude chillax now, haba! encourage the guy small now  grin

by the way, those are not models, it's the same model (prolly OP's chikito  wink) in all the pics

@ OP, good luck o but honestly, do take all the criticisms o kandikane and babe have given as e be like say some people no really hurt ya feeling o. . .  wink
Re: Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan by LittleNerd(f): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
i am backkkkkkkkkkk!!!!! lmao !!! what is this i see here ehnnn flamingo parade shockedlooool , these dresses arent nice at all , who ever made these , take your time next time so that they will allow other nigerian designers to come to millan nahhhh sad this is really sad , but only god knows maybee one of the audiences liked it smh ;looool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professional Dreadlock Salons In Abuja / Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? / Is Putting Gator On Trouser An Old Fashion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.