Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support (3611 Views)

Peter Obi Is Unknown In Taraba, Says Supporter Who Went For Field Analysis (Pix) / Video Of Peter Obi Supporter Who Couldn't Identify His Party On Ballot Paper. / El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by chikachike86(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
So as usual, one relatively young Peter Obi supporters came to ask me to become Obidient. He mentioned that PDP was the same with APC and we cannot vote both of them. He went on to say Atiku and Tinubu were too old and both don't mean well. The usual story. So I reminded him that he asked me to vote for Atiku in 2019, so I wanted to know what has changed. He went on the repeat the same things he started with and he mentioned Obi was the only one who could save Nigeria. So I asked three questions.

1. What if Atiku/Obi had won in 2019. Would he still be saying the same thing. So if Atiku/Obi ticket which he was pushing won in 2019, would he still be calling Atiku a thief and Obi a saint? His only response was that, we thank God that did not happen. So I asked him if he was wrong for pushing the Atiku/Obi ticket in 2019 and he had no answer.

2. I asked him if APC and PDP are that terrible, why should I vote for a man who has been in PDP for the past 7 years and only left a month ago. This same man was PDP vice presidential candidate when Atiku was sharing dollars in 2019 and he still wanted to be president under PDP up until one month ago when he realised he couldn't win. Again, he had no answer.

3. I asked him if Peter Obi miraculously won the election, and the NASS was controlled by APC or PDP. What does he think will happen next? It will be very clear Peter Obi wouldn't get anything done because he will have a very antagonistic NASS. Labour Party does not have candidates in 80% of the NASS positions and will barely get any senators or reps. So if the NASS is controlled by APC/PDP, then Peter Obi will either get impeached or join the APC./PDP. Labour Party has no structure, no representation, it is a one man show. Peter Obi will probably decamp again to PDP or else get impeached. Again he had no answer.

So he agreed to get back to me when he had the answers to these three questions. May be some Peter Obi supporters on Nairaland have answers to these three questions. Lets wait and see.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Nigeria is an evolving Nation in terms of economic development and the maladministration of PMB exacerbated the need for an alternative and Atiku fitted the description in 2019.
If he had won, the economic fortune of Nigeria would hopefully have been on a better pedestal because APC lead Govt at the centre has been at an all-time low in terms of delivering dividends of democracy to the people.
Fast forward to 2022, it's obvious that people are now centring their Presidential candidates preference on individual manifestos and not on party achievement. If party performance is anything to go by, APC shouldn't be on the ballot box because of its numerous failures ranging from economy, security and over corrupt officials.
People are queuing up behind Peter Obi because of his issue based campaign, hoping he'll deliver. And for the fact we're in a democratic dispensation, the people will surely hold him responsible if he fails.
If Obi decamps to PDP, it's no big deal, the critical issue is will he deliver on all issues on his manifesto. If he does, then I'll follow him anywhere he goes to ensure a better Nigeria.
Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by DMerciful(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
You only see what your eyes want to see. You only hear what your ears want to hear
TooNoisy:

So you have been asking and still no responses. As you can see, I have got some insults, someone said he only knows about Atiku and Buhari.

No one has been able to answer these questions. May be the more intelligent Peter Obi supporters are still sleeping as it is still early. Hopefully someone would be able to give us direct responses even if he has to add a few insults.
Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by optm(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by optm(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

It is interesting you bring this up. I hire senior people everyday and you need to understand the criteria for hiring leaders. So let's say you want to hire the CEO of an organisation with 10,000 staff. The organisation is huge, with branches across Africa, and with very senior people who are also very well paid. If you are interviewing for a new CEO, the first thing you ask is this question- HAVE YOU EVER MANAGED A LARGE ORGANISATION BEFORE IN MULTIPLE COUNTRIES?

Of course the ideal cadidate does not necessarily have to have managed an organisation with 10,000 people in multiple countries, but you will expect the person to have managed an organisation with 500 people and should have had exposure to other African countries. You will not hand over the company to an individual who has only managed a shop of 20 people because he interviewed well.

The second question you want to ask is his ability to develop and manage leaders. When you have such big organisations, one man cannot handle all the tasks. He will rely of leaders and he must be able to manage them. He needs to be able to chose his team of winners whom he will delegate responsibility to. He is not expected to do everything by himself. So I want to know and understand the candidates ability to select and manage leaders within the organisation.

The third thing will be his understanding of our values and culture. Can he fit into the culture. Can he manage the various stakeholders. Will he be accepted across board. Will majority of the people buy into his vision. He must be able to fit into our company culture and can he change the current culture, because the current culture needs improvement.

Let me stop here and let us rate the candidates on these criteria. The company is Nigeria, a country with 200million people, very diverse population and the largest economy in Africa. Lets rank the candidates.

Criteria 1 - Has the candidate managed a similar sized country?
- Tinubu has managed the 5th largest economy in Africa, very diverse population and 25million people.
- Kwankwaso has managed the second largest State by population 20million, very diverse and the fifth largest economy in Nigeria
- Peter Obi has managed a relatively small State (5million people), non-diverse population and very small economy.
- Atiku has been Vice the President of the same country for 8 years. Atiku had effectively been the deputy CEO running the affairs of the country with the CEO.

Criteria 2- Ability to select, develop and manage people. Let us rank the candidates
-Tinubu has managed and developed several people to become governors, ministers, senators and even the sitting vice president.
- Atiku has developed many people including the governor of His state. He has also developed many people who have gone to become senators and reps.
- Kwankwaso has associates in many areas and positions. However, he has not mentored big names.
- Peter Obi has not mentioned any known big name. Has very few associates within the country.

3. Criteria 3- how will they fit into the culture of the company and can they influence stakeholders. This may be a bit tricky because we are also trying to change culture:
- Tinubu will fit into the current culture and can adequately manage stakeholders. He is open to changing some parts of our current culture include restructuring, devolution of powers, state police, vat collection.
- Kwankwaso will fit into the current structure and will likely maintain the structure as is. He may struggle to manage the various stakeholders due to his limited acceptability in the South.
- Atiku will fit into the current culture but may change a few things like privatisation. He may privatise NNPC, NLNG etc. He is not open to restructuring. He can easily manage the various stakeholders.
-Peter Obi will struggle to manage the various stakeholders due to his limited acceptability in the North. He has said he plans to change the culture and that the culture is our biggest problem but he hasn't explained in detail how. What are his views on restructuring state police, vat collection, devolution of powers.

So I ask you, based on my analysis, who will you chose to be CEO of you company called Nigeria. Be honest. You are free to come up with tour own analysis.

i see your analysis but i'll like to engage you further. what do you think are the major problems nigeria is facing ? I know we have quite many but just give me the first 3 that makes your list
Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by TooNoisy(f): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
optm:
i see your analysis but i'll like to engage you further. what do you think are the major problems nigeria is facing ? I know we have quite many but just give me the first 3 that makes your list

Let me give you just one. Forget about three, that will lead to arguments. The number one problem facing us is the design and structure of the country. We all blame leadership which is correct, but the kind leaders we have is a result of the structural design of the country. If you change the structure of the country, a different kind of leaders will emerge because they will be rewarded differently.

So I ask you again, who will you hire to be the CEO of your company and based on what criteria?

1 Like

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by UnknownT: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

The date of the paper was Feb 28 2012. The strike was from Jan 2011 to Feb 2012. Peter Obi was governor from 2006 to 2014.

Please let me know how else I can help you.
https://twitter.com/urchilla01/status/1526918705304719361?t=p3Y0cKx1FcXYQ0SjdK6d9g&s=19

Go through this thread if you are on Twitter on what really played out.

1 Like

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by optm(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

Let me give you just one. Forget about three, that will lead to arguments. The number one problem facing us is the design and structure of the country. We all blame leadership which is correct, but the kind leaders we have is a result of the structural design of the country. If you change the structure of the country, a different kind of leaders will emerge because they will be rewarded differently.

So I ask you again, who will you hire to be the CEO of your company and based on what criteria?
the major reason for the agitation is because our differences have been weaponized by the political class but that aside, you 'll agree with me that if majority are living fine and are productively engaged, and engagement to positions are based on merit and ability to perform, much relevance would not be paid to our ethnic differences. For instance , if a hausa man is placed to head an office and is doing fine and efficient in his position, i as an igbo or yoruba man would be less concerned on where he's from. .Based on antecedence, do you agree that if a person like tinubu ascends power, his appointments would be based on loyalty and a reward for such/support rather than competence? This itself has been the reason for weak institutional performance in this country and you see that we would make little or no progress with such . I would pick peter obi assuming nigeria as my private company because he's the best candidate to fix the problems bedeviling nigeria of which the top 3 that makes my list are 1) poor economic performance i.e he's a trained economist with several certifications and experiences and better equipped in comparison to other candidates 2) unaccountability and wastage of countries financial resources : he's one that's not wasteful and wouldn't allow a free rein for looters and would likely block off avenues for looting and hence more resources available to engage projects 3) weak institutions and corruption : the other 2 have allegations of corruption hanging around them and are known beneficiaries of the existing system and i would not expect them to go against a system that's been designed to benefit them and their allies . Peter obi in this regard is a better candidate than the others . The other two are better politicians no doubt but what nigeria needs is genuine leadership and i ll pick peter obi over the other two .

1 Like

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

It is interesting you bring this up. I hire senior people everyday and you need to understand the criteria for hiring leaders. So let's say you want to hire the CEO of an organisation with 10,000 staff. The organisation is huge, with branches across Africa, and with very senior people who are also very well paid. If you are interviewing for a new CEO, the first thing you ask is this question- HAVE YOU EVER MANAGED A LARGE ORGANISATION BEFORE IN MULTIPLE COUNTRIES?

Of course the ideal cadidate does not necessarily have to have managed an organisation with 10,000 people in multiple countries, but you will expect the person to have managed an organisation with 500 people and should have had exposure to other African countries. You will not hand over the company to an individual who has only managed a shop of 20 people because he interviewed well.

The second question you want to ask is his ability to develop and manage leaders. When you have such big organisations, one man cannot handle all the tasks. He will rely of leaders and he must be able to manage them. He needs to be able to chose his team of winners whom he will delegate responsibility to. He is not expected to do everything by himself. So I want to know and understand the candidates ability to select and manage leaders within the organisation.

The third thing will be his understanding of our values and culture. Can he fit into the culture. Can he manage the various stakeholders. Will he be accepted across board. Will majority of the people buy into his vision. He must be able to fit into our company culture and can he change the current culture, because the current culture needs improvement.

Let me stop here and let us rate the candidates on these criteria. The company is Nigeria, a country with 200million people, very diverse population and the largest economy in Africa. Lets rank the candidates.

- Tinubu has managed the 5th largest economy in Africa, very diverse population and 25million people.
- Kwankwaso has managed the second largest State by population 20million, very diverse and the fifth largest economy in Nigeria
- Peter Obi has managed a relatively small State (5million people), non-diverse population and very small economy.
- Atiku has been Vice the President of the same country for 8 years. Atiku had effectively been the deputy CEO running the affairs of the country with the CEO.

Criteria 2- Ability to select, develop and manage people. Let us rank the candidates
-Tinubu has managed and developed several people to become governors, ministers, senators and even the sitting vice president.
- Atiku has developed many people including the governor of His state. He has also developed many people who have gone to become senators and reps.
- Kwankwaso has associates in many areas and positions. However, he has not mentored big names.
- Peter Obi has not mentioned any known big name. Has very few associates within the country.

3. Criteria 3- how will they fit into the culture of the company and can they influence stakeholders. This may be a bit tricky because we are also trying to change culture:
- Tinubu will fit into the current culture and can adequately manage stakeholders. He is open to changing some parts of our current culture include restructuring, devolution of powers, state police, vat collection.
- Kwankwaso will fit into the current structure and will likely maintain the structure as is. He may struggle to manage the various stakeholders due to his limited acceptability in the South.
- Atiku will fit into the current culture but may change a few things like privatisation. He may privatise NNPC, NLNG etc. He is not open to restructuring. He can easily manage the various stakeholders.
-Peter Obi will struggle to manage the various stakeholders due to his limited acceptability in the North. He has said he plans to change the culture and that the culture is our biggest problem but he hasn't explained in detail how. What are his views on restructuring state police, vat collection, devolution of powers.

So I ask you, based on my analysis, who will you chose to be CEO of you company called Nigeria. Be honest. You are free to come up with tour own analysis.

When you submit your VC for any post. The first criteria is your age.

Microsoft or any multinational will accept Tinubu or Atiku at their age. Because no matter how intelligent you are, at a certain age your brain start going retard. Tinubu is showing such signs. I watched one of his clip where is was " Brom brooom bromm Brom." His mental capacity can't keep up with the pace of things in our time. His time is in the past. Atiku is old but more agile than Tinubu. Yet no big company can let him lead them due to his age.

You talked about managing similar economy. Before any of them managed your imaginery big economy, which did they manage earlier?

When Tinubu was governor of Lagos state. Lagos state wasn't up to 8 million in population even with all the distortion. Please go and verify. I don't know where you can about the 25 million we managed.

Talking about the 5th largest economy in Africa. When Tinubu was governor of Lagos state, her budget wasn't up to 100 billion naira. Convert that in dollars. That is the budget small boys presides over in come company and much more at their first shot at leadership.

Tinubu has put many in leadership position in the country. That's true. Considering their performance in Buhari's government, these mentes are worth the accolades? Almost all of them including the overhyped Fashola are abysmal failures. Obi doesn't believe in godfatherism, that's while he let Obino do his thing.

Everyone can fit into current culture except Obi. How laughable! A good business man of which Obi represent can fit into any culture. That's the reason people say anywhere you go, you no see Igbo man. Man you run comot.

Since you didn't take the most vital criteria of employment into consideration. I doubt your claim that you hire senior executives.

1 Like

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by TooNoisy(f): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thanksful:

When you submit your VC for any post. The first criteria is your age.

Microsoft or any multinational will accept Tinubu or Atiku at their age. Because no matter how intelligent you are, at a certain age your brain start going retard. Tinubu is showing such signs. I watched one of his clip where is was " Brom brooom bromm Brom." His mental capacity can't keep up with the pace of things in our time. His time is in the past. Atiku is old but more agile than Tinubu. Yet no big company can let him lead them due to his age.

You talked about managing similar economy. Before any of them managed your imaginery big economy, which did they manage earlier?

When Tinubu was governor of Lagos state. Lagos state wasn't up to 8 million in population even with all the distortion. Please go and verify. I don't know where you can about the 25 million we managed.

Talking about the 5th largest economy in Africa. When Tinubu was governor of Lagos state, her budget wasn't up to 100 billion naira. Convert that in dollars. That is the budget small boys presides over in come company and much more at their first shot at leadership.

Tinubu has put many in leadership position in the country. That's true. Considering their performance in Buhari's government, these mentes are worth the accolades? Almost all of them including the overhyped Fashola are abysmal failures. Obi doesn't believe in godfatherism, that's while he let Obino do his thing.

Everyone can fit into current culture except Obi. How laughable! A good business man of which Obi represent can fit into any culture. That's the reason people say anywhere you go, you no see Igbo man. Man you run comot.

Since you didn't take the most vital criteria of employment into consideration. I doubt your claim that you hire senior executives.

Thanks for your response. You mention age as the most important thing. Age is used to discriminate in Nigeria because of the huge unemployment rate. In most Western countries, you are not allowed to discriminate based on age. Infact, people don't write age on their resume. What is most important is whether or not you can do the job. Microsoft will not discriminate based on age. The retirement age in the Nigerian civil service is 60 and all four leading candidates are over 60. There is no age limits for presidents in Nigeria or not in any other country. Do you know Joe Biden's age, Donald Trump's age, Hillary Clinton's age when she last contested? What is important are health records and mental capacity to do the job.

Between Tinubu and Peter Obi, who has managed a bigger economy? Who has managed a more diverse economy and more diverse population? I ask you why has there been an influx of people to Lagos especially people from the South East including Anambra? Would that be a result of a poorly managed Lagos. Even if Lagos is not greatly managed it has been better managed than places where these guys are migrating from. And please don't use former capital as an excuse, all the migration came after Lagos stopped being capital and it has been in more recent years. Lagos stopped being the capital since 1991 and mind you, Governors like Donald Duke transformed their states even thought they are capital either.

1 Like

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

Thanks for your response. You mention age as the most important thing. Age is used to discriminate in Nigeria because of the huge unemployment rate. In most Western countries, you are not allowed to discriminate based on age. Infact, people don't write age on their resume. What is most important is whether or not you can do the job. Microsoft will not discriminate based on age. The retirement age in the Nigerian civil service is 60 and all four leading candidates are over 60. There is no age limits for presidents in Nigeria or not in any other country. Do you know Joe Biden's age, Donald Trump's age, Hillary Clinton's age when she last contested? What is important are health records and mental capacity to do the job.

Between Tinubu and Peter Obi, who has managed a bigger economy? Who has managed a more diverse economy and more diverse population? I ask you why has there been an influx of people to Lagos especially people from the South East including Anambra? Would that be a result of a poorly managed Lagos. Even if Lagos is not greatly managed it has been better managed than places where these guys are migrating from. And please don't use former capital as an excuse, all the migration came after Lagos stopped being capital and it has been in more recent years. Lagos stopped being the capital since 1991 and mind you, Governors like Donald Duke transformed their states even thought they are capital either.

Joe Biden is old, no wonder American economy is nosediving every day. Even at his age, his not as feeble as Tinubu.

You say in most western country yet you fail to mention one. No serious firm anywhere in the world employs anyone above 60 years. Anyone working at the age of 60 to 65 owns the company. That person is not an employee. Some of our friends here in European countries like Germany can attest to this fact.

The noise of how big Lagos is, is actually as a result of our government to conduct census. Do you know how big Abuja is? Do you know how big Kano is? Do you know Lagos is the smallest in land mass. That is, the number of people in Lagos if taken to Abuja or Kano will not look as congested as was in Lagos?

Why should I use capital as an indices? Lagos economy is tied to both Nigerian port and airways. If Osun state has this two assets. Lagos wouldn't compete with her in development. Tinubu put the former governor of Osun state in office. Why didn't he replicate the same magic there if actually he is that good?

2 Likes

Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by RealEzee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

with ur analogy i will go for obi who has a detailed plan to fix my country power problem cos my country needs one with clear plan to solve problem not one who feels entitled to be ceo yet the person he signed as a gurantor for,buhari,bastardized the country,my company,hence i cant trust his judgement at all sef ,plus he is too old,i dont need one going on medical tourism with company funds,country funds.

I will give the ceo job to obi,he is someone i can trust and also trust his contacts to actualise the company's goal.

Yeah i did not pay attention to the other guy shey,e get why ,i no even rate am ,i have seen what he did ,nothing mind blowing

Peter Obi it is

He mess up ,he is fired jejeli grin
Re: How I Responded To A Peter Obi Supporter Who Came To Ask For My Support by alizma: 12:11am On Jul 03, 2022
TooNoisy:
So as usual, one relatively young Peter Obi supporters came to ask me to become Obidient. He mentioned that PDP was the same with APC and we cannot vote both of them. He went on to say Atiku and Tinubu were too old and both don't mean well. The usual story. So I reminded him that he asked me to vote for Atiku in 2019, so I wanted to know what has changed. He went on the repeat the same things he started with and he mentioned Obi was the only one who could save Nigeria. So I asked three questions.

1. What if Atiku/Obi had won in 2019. Would he still be saying the same thing. So if Atiku/Obi ticket which he was pushing won in 2019, would he still be calling Atiku a thief and Obi a saint? His only response was that, we thank God that did not happen. So I asked him if he was wrong for pushing the Atiku/Obi ticket in 2019 and he had no answer.

2. I asked him if APC and PDP are that terrible, why should I vote for a man who has been in PDP for the past 7 years and only left a month ago. This same man was PDP vice presidential candidate when Atiku was sharing dollars in 2019 and he still wanted to be president under PDP up until one month ago when he realised he couldn't win. Again, he had no answer.

3. I asked him if Peter Obi miraculously won the election, and the NASS was controlled by APC or PDP. What does he think will happen next? It will be very clear Peter Obi wouldn't get anything done because he will have a very antagonistic NASS. Labour Party does not have candidates in 80% of the NASS positions and will barely get any senators or reps. So if the NASS is controlled by APC/PDP, then Peter Obi will either get impeached or join the APC./PDP. Labour Party has no structure, no representation, it is a one man show. Peter Obi will probably decamp again to PDP or else get impeached. Again he had no answer.

So he agreed to get back to me when he had the answers to these three questions. May be some Peter Obi supporters on Nairaland have answers to these three questions. Lets wait and see.

Add these two:
1) If peter Obi could not turn Anambra to London in 8years, what is the assurance that he will changed Nigeria in 8years.
2) ask if it is not corruption for a state governor to use state owned money to finance a company where he has interest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Ozubulu, Anambra State Nigeria. / Results From Labour Party Situation Room as at 1am today / We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.