Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos (2265 Views)

2023: Tinubu Promotes Excellence, Capable Of Becoming President - Magnus Abe / Obasanjo: Bad Belle Stopped Abiola From Becoming President / 4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by ThatFairGuy1: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Igbo Vs Igbo thread grin

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
lam
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by helinues: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Oilwell:

No oh. By Gods grace and his mercies I am doing well.

Concerned about Nigeria for my children and grand children.

PO2023

Then be happy for those of us that are getting paid for doing something

Abi seh you want our labour to be in vain?

grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by gidgiddy: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
richie240:
and who's to be blamed for this
As u lay ur bed so u lie on it o, nwannem!
cool

Wow, some ppl just woke up and 'took ironsi oit', shey?
Have u heard of prime minister Tarawa Balewa b4?
What about Western premier: Ladoke Akintola?
What about Northern premier: sadauna of sokoto?
Who 'took them out'? What were there sins?
That wan nor mata abi?

Nwokem, u don chop?

A 'failed contraption' dt u treacherously laid d foundation of its destruction!
cool

Which is exactly why Igbos should be talking about getting their own independent country from this British colonial contraption called Nigeria where there is no love, no trust and no partnership. A country that has never worked and can never work
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
dis ipob spokesman?

nl emma powerful.
u should rather focus ur energy on converting more followers who will kneel, bow & worship onyendu abi una members don become OBIDIENT UNITED u come dey jealous?

Nobody give a flying fvck abt ipob again?
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Oilwell(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

Then be happy for those of us that are getting paid for doing something

Abi seh you want our labour to be in vain?

grin

I am happy for you oh. Man must chop but Nairaland apart, stomach apart, tribe apart, religion apart ( because of your employers) deep down inside, you know the right/best candidate for next year's presidential election among the three major contenders.

Please on the election day, at the polling booth, do the right thing.

PO2023

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by richie240: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
An African proverb says: "A woman who is bereft of character said her chi doesn't attract good husbands"

Even in ur mini-biafra presently championed by Igbos/esn/ugm (aka 'fulani x-men') in ur 5 eastern states, is there 'love, trust and partnership'?
cool

gidgiddy:

Which is exactly why Igbos should be talking about getting their own independent country from this British colonial contraption called Nigeria where there is no love, no trust and no partnership. A country that has never worked and can never work
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by helinues: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Oilwell:

I am happy for you oh. Man must chop but Nairaland apart, stomach apart, tribe apart, religion apart ( because of your employers) deep down inside, you know the right/best candidate for next year's presidential election among the three major contenders.

Please on the election day, at the polling booth, do the right thing.

PO2023

I don't now that and not interested to know
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Perfectbeing(m): 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nonexisting:
Someone said something yesterday where I was having meeting with a client. He said with what Peter knows and can do, he should forget Nigeria and channel his strength to the SE zone. Eventhough there is no regional government, Igbos should vote in capable governors across southeast and have Peter as consultant to all the states. He said that after eight years, Nigerians will be on their knees begging for Igbo president. He said it and it is still ringing in my ears.
People sef ehn. Was Anambra a model State in the SE when Obi was Governor for 8 years?

Nigerians are really forgetful sha
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Mrexcell(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
The north don't want referedum they don't also want igbo presidency so what then do they want the igbos to do in such a situation? The greatest mistake they will ever make this time is to instigate another civil war in nigeria all their old allies in the south are now making plans to get their own independent countries just waiting for the right time.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Mrexcell(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nonexisting:
Someone said something yesterday where I was having meeting with a client. He said with what Peter knows and can do, he should forget Nigeria and channel his strength to the SE zone. Eventhough there is no regional government, Igbos should vote in capable governors across southeast and have Peter as consultant to all the states. He said that after eight years, Nigerians will be on their knees begging for Igbo president. He said it and it is still ringing in my ears.

There are a lot of things that can never happen in the east without the input of the federal govt in abuja.
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Seun(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
I'm not convinced that Peter Obi can manage the diverse interests in this country. I believe that by the end of Soludo's governorship, he will be ready to become a fantastic president. Having gained federal experience as a CBN governor and also executive experience as a state governor. He's also dealing with unknown gunmen; if he is successful then he can apply the same ideas federally to deal with bandits and terrorists.

7 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by ZUBY77(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Seun:
I'm not convinced that Peter Obi can manage the diverse interests in this country. I believe that by the end of Soludo's governorship, he will be ready to become a fantastic president. Having gained federal experience as a CBN governor and also executive experience as a state governor. He's also dealing with unknown gunmen; if he is successful then he can apply the same ideas federally to deal with bandits and terrorists.

I understand your view but a good economic plan will solve lots of problems.
He is not perfect and wont solve everything but i prefer him over the other two candidates.

The grand plan is actually to wrestle power from these political thugs holding us down since independence

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by kaboninc(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Seun:

I strongly believe we just need a decentralised police system. State Police and a Federal Police to deal with very serious crimes.
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by kaboninc(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
ZUBY77:

I understand your view but a good economic plan will solve lots of problems.
He is not perfect and wont solve everything but i prefer him over the other two candidates.

The grand plan is actually to wrestle power from these political thugs holding us down since independence

We could also have another brand of thuggery too. Especially mob actions
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by stigman(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
So they don't have northern Christians, dey there dey fool yourself
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by bummyla(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Rubbish! You and hug transformer! Fool!

gidgiddy:
I have always said that Peter Obi is eminently qualified to be President. I have my own issues with Peter Obi but I can never deny the fact that overall, the man did well when he was Governor of my state Anambra. He is a good candidate for President. Personally, I dont think Peter Obi can win the Presidency, nobody in the North will vote for him, no matter how good a candidate he is. Being both Igbo and a Christian has ruled him out in the North.

But in the unlikely scenario that Obi wins, it will be a very bad thing for us Igbos.

If you wonder why, then think of what happened to the last Igbo man who was President of Nigeria. A military revolution resulted in General Ironsi becoming the first Nigerian to be head of state, and commander of the armed forces(before, both offices were seperate). From the day Ironsi became President, his government was sabotaged. There were some power blocs in Nigeria that could not sleep at night knowing that an Igbo man was head of state and commander in Chief. They lied against Ironsi, plotted against him, misquoted him at every opportunity, used propaganda against him, claimed that everything Ironsi did was for the benefit of Igbos, painted his administration black. They even massacred Igbos during Ironsi's regime. When the time was right, they took out Ironsi. To this day, they still lie against Ironsi and claim he abolished Regionalism introduced unitary rule, something that everyone knows Gowon did. They say this because they need to blame Igbos for Nigerias woes, yet no Igbo has been President since Ironsi, 55 years ago

Should Peter Obi become President, what happened to Ironsi will happen to him. There are some people who will not be able to sleep at night knowing that an Igbo man is in Aso Rock. Obi's government will be sabotaged from day one, he will be misquoted at every opportunity, they will unleash propaganda against him, reduce everything he does to trying to benefit Igbos, paint his administration black, and try to take him out. Obi will spend 4 years fighting forces that have entrenched themselves in all strata of government for over 50 years

The resultant effect is that his government will fail, Igbos will be blamed, ostracised and masacared. Many Igbos still dont understand the Nigeria they belong to. It is one where the power blocs dont trust an Igbo man with the Presidency, are highly suspicious of the Igbo man, and they want to see the Igbo man fail politically

A Peter Obi Presidency will be very bad for Igbos. What the Igbo nation should be talking about is independence from the failed British colonial contraption called Nigeria. It will not be a good thing for the Igbo nation, for Peter Obi or any Igbo man to be President of Nigera. If the 30,000 Igbos slaughtered after Ironsi was killed, were alive today, they would say the same
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by donbrowser(m): 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
kaboninc:

I strongly believe we just need a decentralised police system. State Police and a Federal Police to deal with very serious crimes.

That's what Tinubu has been clamouring for.

With the creation of RRS and LCDA
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Munzy14(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Seun:
We share same thought here...Soludo's performance will likely give us a president from Igbo extraction.
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Ndibuna: 11:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
gidgiddy:
I have always said that Peter Obi is eminently qualified to be President. I have my own issues with Peter Obi but I can never deny the fact that overall, the man did well when he was Governor of my state Anambra. He is a good candidate for President. Personally, I dont think Peter Obi can win the Presidency, nobody in the North will vote for him, no matter how good a candidate he is. Being both Igbo and a Christian has ruled him out in the North.

But in the unlikely scenario that Obi wins, it will be a very bad thing for us Igbos.

If you wonder why, then think of what happened to the last Igbo man who was President of Nigeria. A military revolution resulted in General Ironsi becoming the first Nigerian to be head of state, and commander of the armed forces(before, both offices were seperate). From the day Ironsi became President, his government was sabotaged. There were some power blocs in Nigeria that could not sleep at night knowing that an Igbo man was head of state and commander in Chief. They lied against Ironsi, plotted against him, misquoted him at every opportunity, used propaganda against him, claimed that everything Ironsi did was for the benefit of Igbos, painted his administration black. They even massacred Igbos during Ironsi's regime. When the time was right, they took out Ironsi. To this day, they still lie against Ironsi and claim he abolished Regionalism introduced unitary rule, something that everyone knows Gowon did. They say this because they need to blame Igbos for Nigerias woes, yet no Igbo has been President since Ironsi, 55 years ago

Should Peter Obi become President, what happened to Ironsi will happen to him. There are some people who will not be able to sleep at night knowing that an Igbo man is in Aso Rock. Obi's government will be sabotaged from day one, he will be misquoted at every opportunity, they will unleash propaganda against him, reduce everything he does to trying to benefit Igbos, paint his administration black, and try to take him out. Obi will spend 4 years fighting forces that have entrenched themselves in all strata of government for over 50 years

The resultant effect is that his government will fail, Igbos will be blamed, ostracised and masacared. Many Igbos still dont understand the Nigeria they belong to. It is one where the power blocs dont trust an Igbo man with the Presidency, are highly suspicious of the Igbo man, and they want to see the Igbo man fail politically

A Peter Obi Presidency will be very bad for Igbos. What the Igbo nation should be talking about is independence from the failed British colonial contraption called Nigeria. It will not be a good thing for the Igbo nation, for Peter Obi or any Igbo man to be President of Nigera. If the 30,000 Igbos slaughtered after Ironsi was killed, were alive today, they would say the same
You're just writing incoherent nonsense. The simple thing is that u don't want obi to win so it won't stop u from shouting biafra up and down. Ndị eriri eri
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
gidgiddy:

To be honest with you, this is the second time I have course to support Biafra call for independence.
First: After Reading the book: There Was A Country by Chinua Achebe.
Second: After this your posts.

In the the wake of Operation Python Dance I somehow wish the Igbo leaders could have done more, but till date they failed woefully to formally take the lead in the call for referendum and autonomy.
Ibos should not stay any longer if Nigeria State cannot CELEBRATE them with Leadership instead of the pseudo political tolerance with resistance they are faced with today. It is absolutely unfair. The trauma is too much and beyond comprehension
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by Kingozymandias(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2022
Seun:

LeoDeKing:
Kwankwaso said he can't deputise a 3rd class graduate groundnut, when did that become an offence? angry

I have said it, the clowns going about as Obi supporters are the clowns calling Nigeria zoo and other unprintable names.

God forbid obi and athifku ever get close to aso rock.

Ipob pigs are animals.

Rule 8

Stop posting false information on this website.Seun this guy will get you in trouble ! Seun when and where did Obi supporters clal Nigeria a zoo!!!?

I am a known Atiku supporter but even I know this is false. Seun becareful of this guy o!! Don't let someone use his irresponsible enthusiasm and make you get sued

Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2

Rule 8 violated
Re: Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos by AlexBells(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

This your article shows that you are thinking of a boy. The circumstances that resulted then is quite different from today, and if anything happens to any Igbo we shall just find the tribe of the leader of such situation and wipe out their majority, no one is fighting the FG, if a Fulani man lead such situation we deal with them, if a Yoruba man lead it we wipe out half of their population, if an Igbo man do it we wipe out his clan it is that simple, no one has a monopoly of madness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Southerners Still Supporting Atiku? / A Break Down Of Tinubu's Pension Entitlement As Former Governor / What Is Responsible For Peter Obi's Disaster Nassarawa Campaign Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.