Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner (759 Views)

See What I observed After The Death Of My Father / Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2022
Good morning people, please help me I really need advice on how to about blocking my dad's pension from going to the wrong person. How do I disclose his death to the rightful office. He worked with Nitel and has been collecting pension until his death..

My brother and I don't have access to any of his document.

Thank you, please any one with idea will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2022
Had it been you have access to his ATM card and the phone he's using to receive alert,I would have advice you not to report his death, reporting his death with ds current economic situation will stop the incoming of the pension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2022
Exactly but unfortunately we don't have
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by slimjohn2k5: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2022
Did he die with the phone and ATM?
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by SUPERPACK: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Is the pension still been paid and no access from you all or it is not coming at all?
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Is the pension still been paid and no access from you all or it is not coming at all?

He has started collecting pension before his death.
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by SUPERPACK: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dainty09:

He has started collecting pension before his death.
And I am asking; is the pension still being paid but you guys have no access to his account? Or it is not been paid at all again.
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
SUPERPACK:
And I am asking; is the pension still being paid but you guys have no access to his account? Or it is not been paid at all again.

Yes he's been paid and there's someone who has access to his atm and phone, we want to block it so she doesn't have access to it.
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by eyinjuege: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dainty09:

Yes he's been paid and there's someone who has access to his atm and phone, we want to block it so she doesn't have access to it.

Who is the someone with access to his atm and phone and why don't you want her to have access to it?
Is it a wife, your sibling or your dad's own sibling?
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Mariangeles(f): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dainty09:

For people to be able to help you, you have to come out with the whole story.

Who/what was "she" to your dad?
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by SUPERPACK: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dainty09:

Who is this someone to you? Like relationship. You need to open up on the full story for us to know the next step.
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Who is this someone to you? Like relationship. You need to open up on the full story for us to know the next step.

Hmm it's a long sad story but will cut
it short, am from a polygamous family,my mum is the first wife, I have a step mother and siblings.

My mum went through hell all she worked for went down the drain with my dad, the house my late dad owned they both built it at least I know of her contributions towards it. My mum was chased out of the house , myself abd bro left the house as well because it wasn't safe for us. We went through a lot but thank God for His unfailing love and mercy that kept us and still keeping us.
My step mum chase everyone away including my dad's siblings, she only want everything to herself, the two children she had for him and her other children she had outside.

My dad also suffered in her hands until his death, It's really a long story, everyone is trying to tread carefully and praying God fight this battel and give us victory.
That's why we're trying to look for ways to go about it.

No one is after the property,but we just want to ensure we're take the right step and block it

1 Like

Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by SMJay: 3:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Dainty09:

it short, am from a polygamous family,my mum is the first wife, I have a step mother and siblings.

My mum went through hell all she worked for went down the drain with my dad, the house my late dad owned they both built it at least I know of her contributions towards it. My mum was chased out of the house , myself abd bro left the house as well because it wasn't safe for us. We went through a lot but thank God for His unfailing love and mercy that kept us and still keeping us.
My step mum chase everyone away including my dad's siblings, she only want everything to herself, the two children she had for him and her other children she had outside.

My dad also suffered in her hands until his death, It's really a long story, everyone is trying to tread carefully and praying God fight this battel and give us victory.

No one is after the property,but we just want to ensure we're take the right step and block it

Get a lawyer to do this for you
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by SMJay: 3:37am On Jul 03, 2022
Dainty09:

You cannot block it, until the ATM card expires but start the process now because once you able to get Letter of Administration, you good to go
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
SMJay:
Get a lawyer to do this for you

Alright thank you
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
SMJay:
You cannot block it, until the ATM card expires but start the process now because once you able to get Letter of Administration, you good to go

Okay thank you
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Assumptabeke(f): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dainty09:

If you don't want your step mom to continue receiving your dad's pension, the best thing is for you to report your dad's death. So that NITEL will stop paying your late dad pension.
Re: How Can One Disclose The Death Of A Pensioner by Dainty09(f): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
Assumptabeke:

If you don't want your step mom to continue receiving your dad's pension, the best thing is for you to report your dad's death. So that NITEL will stop paying your late dad pension.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

I'm Finished / What Are You Grateful For In The Year 2022? / I Feel So Much Guilt From My Past Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.