Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : (651 Views)

Gardening Tips For Vegetables | How To Grow Luscious Green Veggies / Selective Herbicide For Vegetables / Drip Tape For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by iyofason: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2022
Greetings all. Please I am in need of advice on the best drip tape to use in vegetables irrigation, that is strong, durable and cost effective. I hope you will oblige me. Thank you.
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by QTCL(m): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
If you want what will last you long go for drip tube of 1mm thick....not drip tape
Drip tapes don't last long.so it's not cost effective...go for drip tubes/hose
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by QTCL(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Let me know what type of veggies and I can advice you further of the specification u will require
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by iyofason: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2022
QTCL:
Let me know what type of veggies and I can advice you further of the specification u will require
Thanks for your response. It's tomatoes, watermelon and ugu. And, how much is the tube ?
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by iyofason: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2022
Drip tape sellers in the house; can your drip tape last up to 5 years ? How much is it ?
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by QTCL(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2022
iyofason:

Thanks for your response. It's tomatoes, watermelon and ugu. And, how much is the tube ?
It's 400m roll and 1mm thickness with 30cm spacing will go for 80k.
You will need some accessories as well
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by QTCL(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2022
iyofason:
Drip tape sellers in the house; can your drip tape last up to 5 years ? How much is it ?
Drip tubes last more than 12years but tapes won't go that far.From my experience drip tapes wear and tear after 2 to 3 planting seasons and a bit longer when under greenhouses.
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by iyofason: 6:54am On Jul 17, 2022
QTCL:

Drip tubes last more than 12years but tapes won't go that far.From my experience drip tapes wear and tear after 2 to 3 planting seasons and a bit longer when under greenhouses.
Thanks. But the price you quoted is on the high side, drip of 1500m goes for same amount as yours that is just 400m. Besides I want 50 cm spacing.
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by QTCL(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
They is a difference in thickness size and quality....they is a difference between a drip tape and drip tube,the drip tape is a max of 0.3mm while for drip tubes we are talking of 1mm as minimum..farning is a long term thing,so it's better for you to use durable items
You can use the drip tube with external Adjustable emitters at whatever spacing you desire.
Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by Irrigation: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2022
Drip tape thickness usually 0.2-0.3mm and spacing can be 20cm, 30cm, 40cm or 50cm

Re: Best Dril Tape For Vegetables : by iyofason: 3:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Irrigation:
Drip tape thickness usually 0.2-0.3mm and spacing can be 20cm, 30cm, 40cm or 50cm
Pls what are the prices and your location ?

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil Extraction Machine Solvent Extracted / Brushless Electric Pruning Shears / 6,618 Youths Trained In Commercial Farming – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.