Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr (1458 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Atiku Outperforms Peter Obi, Tinubu On Positive Ratio Metrics - Vanguardngr / 'Prepare Prisons, Build Mortuaries For Us' — IPOB Members Tell Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Lelelalalele: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
…As many northern APC members plan to work for Atiku just as PDP northern members voted Buhari in 2015

By Charly Agwam, Bauchi; Umar Yusuf, Yola; Marie-Therese Nanlong, Jos; Abdulmumin Murtala, Kano & Haruna Aliyu, Birnin Kebbi

In the 2015 general election, a northerner, General Muhammadu Buhari, as the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress defeated the incumbent, a southerner, Dr Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

It was said that Buhari enjoyed the massive support of the northern electorate, including members of the opposition PDP because he was seen as one of them. Many PDP governors were even reported to have worked for Buhari’s emergence as President.

At the conclusion of the recent presidential primaries for 2023 election however, the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has a southerner, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as its flag bearer while a northerner, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar emerged as the presidential candidate of the PDP. With Atiku, from the north, as a presidential candidate, the northern voters, expectedly are queuing up behind him irrespective of party affiliation.

It is therefore not a surprise to find in Adamawa state, billboards with Atiku’s photograph alongside that of the APC governorship candidate in the state, Senator Aishatu Dahiru Binani and the APC senatorial candidate for Adamawa Central, Malam Abdula’aziz Nyako, as “a winning team”, flooding every nook and cranny of the state.

Meanwhile, it has been alleged that the group that is sponsoring such posters and billboards in Adamawa state are members of the ruling PDP in the state who are not on the same page with the Ahmadu Fintiri-led government.

Though the group was regarded as a faceless one, it continued to place such billboards at any available space in the state.

The government however claimed it had no idea of such billboards in any part of the state.
In Bauchi state, a lot of frontline politicians who hitherto were chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are now defecting with their followers to People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP).

Interestingly, these defections have only benefited political parties whose flag bearers are from the northern part of the country. Although, Bauchi defectors usually give reasons for defecting, it was gathered that they were changing parties to be on the side of the majority which seeks to perpetuate northern presidency beyond 2023.

Speaking with Saturday Vanguard, an Electrical Engineer, Abdulraman Aliyu said he would vote a northern presidential candidate under any formidable party.

“Democracy is a game of number. It is no secret that the North has the number to remain in power for as long as it wants. There’s no need to pretend, my family and I will vote for a candidate from the North. Why will I vote someone else when a northern politician is on the ballot?” he queried.

The leader of the National Harmonized Traders Union, Dr Bature Abdulaziz, who is also the founder of Patriotic Elders of Nigeria (PEN) strongly believed that the former vice president Atiku Abubakar, now presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), would enjoy massive support of voters from the north in the coming 2023 general elections.

In an interview with Saturday Vanguard in Kano, Dr Abdulaziz however decried the manner both the APC and the PDP conducted their presidential primaries which he described as terrible, saying the defections of members from one party to the other in order to get a platform to contest was a bad omen.

According to him, “It may be possible for some supporters of Atiku to support Tinubu and for some Tinubu’s followers to support Atiku. This is because of the way and manner the primaries were conducted in both the PDP and the APC.

Everyone saw what happened during the primaries such that people were only interested in getting a platform in which to contest as they moved from one party to the other. There were those who lost the opportunity to become candidates in APC and moved to PDP and vice versa.

For this reason, this kind of exodus will also take place as it happened before Buhari emerged. The people in the north on their own will prefer Atiku to Tinubu. But don’t forget that the APC governors in the north have the federal government at the center. The federal government and Tinubu’s supporters will have to double up their efforts.

A northern elder and PDP chieftain, Abdullahi Muhammed Lamba, argued that the PDP was fair in throwing its presidential ticket open during the primaries as the north was in power for only two years out of the 16 years that the PDP ruled the country while the south enjoyed the remaining 14 years.

He argued that the ruling All progressives Congress (APC) has lost its support in the north and can no longer win the hearts of northerners who suffered mentally and financially to bring President Muhammadu Buhari to power.

Lamba contended that “APC’s poor governance was responsible for the insurgency plaguing the north which the masses thought Buhari as a retired army General would contain. But it became worse under him as the north has become a killing field under the APC led government”.

He explained that none of the promises made to Nigerians by the APC has been fulfilled, with the economy in comatose and fuel scarcity persisting under the president who is also the minister of petroleum. He said that even the president’s home state of Katsina is being occupied by armed bandits and he watches helplessly as scores are being killed, raped and kidnapped.

He declared that, the PDP having learnt its lessons was set to reclaim power in 2023 with Atiku Abubakar.

In Plateau State, Ambassador Bagudu Hirse, submitted that “the support enjoyed by Buhari in 2015 was as a result of the security situation in the country as many people argued that if he did not win, the country would not be in peace. But you need to go to the embassies and see how Nigerians are trying to leave the country. The good thing about Atiku is the Muslim/Christian combination, which is the major thing in his favour. Atiku stands a chance of being voted in because the Muslim/Muslim ticket will not work out in the present situation in Nigeria.”

In his own opinion, Mr David Racha noted that “the northerners have only one agenda which is their religion. The youths are even less equipped, they have no knowledge of their history and this definitely is not their fault.”

Another respondent, Mr. Alex Kwapnoe said, “due to religious bigotry, I see Atiku getting some support from the north. But there will be resistance from Kano, Borno, Yobe, Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi, Kwara and Zamfara in an attempt to safeguard their influence in such states.”

To Mr Stephen Musa, “Politics, especially in Nigeria is unpredictable. Even though the event in 2015 is different from today, anything can happen. However, I doubt if Atiku will enjoy the same patronage Buhari had. Remember, the APC governors were unanimous in their decision on power shift during the primaries which produced Tinubu.

“My view is that Atiku may not enjoy the support of some APC governors, but may end up losing the support of his PDP governors if the party fails to resolve the internal crises which emerged after the primaries. The southern governors, and indeed their supporters are not happy with the outcome of the primaries, which produced a Northern candidate. Then there is the issue of the choice of the vice-presidential candidate, which some of the governors, even from the North, are unhappy about. One thing is clear, 2023 will definitely be dicey.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/2023-presidency-atiku-may-inherit-buharis-northern-support/

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Jollyman19: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Frigga13: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Apc will lose Northwest .. and Norteast..
If elections is tomorrow..

Power to the people
North 2023

E sure ...

Atiku/Okowa 2023 ... for a strong Naira.

$1/620 no be here .. if you dealing .. walahi.

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by AntonVince: 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
One thing is certain.
Tinubu will not be president...at least, not in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by APCnaPDP: 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
By the time Tinubu and his supporters realise what has hit them, it will be Election Day.
No need to argue with them, we shall see sha.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Frigga13: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
E go shock Yoruba ... after all their noise and propaganda.. all abuses from 2015 till tomorrow

E go clear

Tinubu is on ballot
The Jagaban of Africa and Nigeria. Kingmaker
The Yoruba god

Is he’s turn ba?

He go chop am...

Power to the people
North 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by APCNGN: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
We go shock Tinubu. Make him continue dey deceive himself.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by kettykin: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
They should have allowed him waste his money and send him to hell via heart attack

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by APCNGN: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
kettykin:
They should have allowed him waste his money and send him to hell via heart attack

Northerners are sincere people. Unlike Yoruba Fayose who's pretending to be an ally of Wike but deep down, would still vote Yoruba Tinubu even if Wike had won the PDP presidential ticket.

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by LegendHero(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Meet the Northern APC leaders. Vanguard people just finished with Meth, then rush online to feed their fellow addicts.

Speaking with Saturday Vanguard, an Electrical Engineer, Abdulraman Aliyu said he would vote a northern presidential candidate under any formidable party.

In his own opinion, Mr David Racha noted that “the northerners have only one agenda which is their religion. The youths are even less equipped, they have no knowledge of their history and this definitely is not their fault.

Another respondent, Mr. Alex Kwapnoe said, “due to religious bigotry, I see Atiku getting some support from the north. But there will be resistance from Kano, Borno, Yobe, Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi, Kwara and Zamfara in an attempt to safeguard their influence in such states.”

22 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Ancestortinubu: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinubu media urchins alias yoruba Muslims will attribute this post to ipob. Bunch of flat heads!
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Obidient4life2: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Asiwaju people's Congress confirmed...

To the moderator that banned me till 2032, you are a fool. Nairaland is the easiest site to sign up with.

We already know that your pay master Seun is an APC Party member, but we the Obidients will be forever here to torment you until 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Ogamysamo: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
i didn't know if tinubu will be good for the people but apc is certainly not an option, pdp is not an option either, is it obedient? if change will land us in this current state obedience may do worst. i don't want a situation where we will start singing sacrifice is better than obedience

in nutshell

let inec give us political half-time as from 2023 make we rest and come back for the second half.

schools do it, games do thesame no be politics own go kill person
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by AmehTsaev: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
The core Muslim North see Yaribaa Muslims as "inferior muslims" next to subhumans actually and that's why they will rate a mere geriatric yaribaa Muslim rogue like Tinubu, the only decent Yaribaas are the Yaribaa Christians.
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by helinues: 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
The unknown people seeking cheap attention during this electioneering period
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Ogamysamo: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Obidient4life2:
Asiwaju people's Congress confirmed...

To the moderator that banned me till 2032, you are a fool. Nairaland is the easiest site to sign up with.

We already know that your pay master Seun is an APC Party member, but we the Obidients will be forever here to torment you until 2023
10years ban? omo you don cash out o. your children will continue from there, just write the username, password and email keep let your child inherit the account
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Obidient4life2: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ogamysamo:

10years ban? omo you don cash out o. your children will continue from there, just write the username, password and email keep let your child inherit the account
With 2 minutes I have this new account. I don't see nairaland appreciating in value under the current leadership. Unless it's sold to people with brain to make this improve. Some people are just copy and paste.
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Softmirror: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
[b]MY GUY FORGET! IF ONLY YOU KNOW HOW THE NORTH CARRY TINUBU MATTER FOR HEAD YOU GO FEAR. THE THING BE SAY, TINUBU HAS BEEN SECRETLY AND PUBLICLY GENEROUS SINCE A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME AGO,TOUCHING LIFES POSITIVELY AND IT IS WHAT HE IS REAPING TODAY. ASK THE EMIR OF KATSINA, WHY HE SAID HE CAN'T FORGET THE GOOD TINUBU DID FOR HIM THAT WAS EVEN BEFORE HE BECAME THE EMIR OF KATSINA. BRO, IT'S NOT A YORUBA THING. INFACT IF NOT FOR THE 13 GOVERNORS FROM THE NORTH WHO KICKED AGAINST LAWAN WHO WAS PICKED AS A CONCENSUS CANDIDATE BY STORMING ASO ROCK TO MEET WITH PRESIDENT BUHARI AND DEMANDING FOR A FREE AND FAIR PRIMARIES, TINUBU WOULD HAVE BEEN TACTICALLY KNOCKED OUT.BRO, THE SUPPORT TINUBU HAS RECEIVED AND HE IS RECEIVING FROM THE NORTH IS NO CHILD'S PLAY. THE NORTH SINCERELY WANT POWER TO SHIFT TO THE SOUTHWEST, TO TINUBU IN PATRTICULA, TO BE PRECISE, TO BE VERY EMPHATIC BECAUSE THE SEE A HOPE IN HIM BASED ON HIS PAST PERFORMANCE BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER HE JOINED POLITICS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUokA0rge8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FddCgyUrh8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLu1XS53_Jw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y18tZw-jXf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJrG8v4ORk[/b]
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by 4teenblaq: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinubu is in trouble grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Conrod: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
A
Re: 2023: You Are On Your Own - Northern APC Members Tell Tinubu | Vanguardngr by Mynd44: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2022

(1)

Rabiu Kwakwanso Presidential Rally In Kaduna. Photos. / If Atiku Wins This Presidential Election, Wike Is In Big Trouble. Fulanis Don’…. / Pic: Before And After As IPOB/ESN Wreck Havoc In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.