Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria (442 Views)

I’ll Be President, Nothing Will Stop Me, Okorocha Vows, Slams Seizure Of His Cer / Jimmy Kimmel: Is President Buhari A Clone? / Is President Buhari Right About The Nigerian Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Even if Peter Obi wins the 2023 presidential election, Nothing will change in Nigeria. Naira will still depreciate against the dollar, you will still have bad roads, bad civil services, poor education, no infrastructures, high unemployment, security issues, bad managers and increase in foreign and local debts.

The truth is that many of you are just fan boys and girls (Supporters club) of these presidential candidates.

If you think you can dance, abuse, drink, eat and jump before and during campaigns, the next generation will do that better than you.

So stop wasting your time, after the dancing, the eating, the drinking, the abuse and all sort of things, you do for your various candidates, you will be back to reality and the cycle continues.

None of the presidential candidates can change Nigeria or your life, that is fact.

They might bring out positive policies but it will not affect your lives, it will only help those who are players in various sectors in Nigeria.

The only thing they can do is to pay you 15k monthly to help elevate you from poverty and to brag about poverty alleviations ,just to follow Imf policies.

You better go get some skills, open some some shops, get a job or japa if that is your idea.

Focus on yourself, elevate your self from poverty, don't fall into traps of supporters club, after the elections, the excitement is over, reality begins. Disappointment and depression starts.

The fact is only you can change your economic situation, not peter Obi, Tinubu or Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
A lot will change and I'd tell you why and how.

Apc and the pdp are siamese twins of corruption. If the pdp gained power today, you'd see mass exodus from the apc.
Apc and pdp members had at one time or the other favoured each other in the past and shared lots in common in corrupt practices.

When Obi becomes present (not if), he's got no godfathers, he gives no shishi towards his presidential candidate pick. He's got nobody to be answerable to, except the masses. He'd step on toes without looking any uche, hassan or Kayode's face. He won't fear to sack, revoke phcn privatisation, etc. I see tinubu losing his DISCO abdulsallam too. I know he'd fight hard but he can't do nothing.

We've been longing for an independent candidate for years so the masses could have a leader for once but the NA, in order to keep stealing our commonwealth have refused to deliberate on this. Obi is our independent candidate. He'd fare much better than his predecessors.

Why do you think there's boko haram, bandits, kidnappers etc today? It's because they've lost trust in our leaders. Go to the north. You'd think its not part of Nigeria when you come down south. Leadership had failed them , they've failed Nigerians at large
Boko haram means....Western education is a sin...they believe our leaders gained power via western education and its not helping the people. If a sharia system of government could be put in place where corrupt people would be beheaded, everyone would sit tight. That's their ideology. They've lost interest in our leadership structure. Look at those making up bandits too...they're mainly youths. When people say bokonharam are illiterate I do laugh. There are PhD holders amongst them, even Medical doctors and economists. They took delivery of one of the victims of kaduna abuja rail attack....that pregnant woman and posted on social media, the video of her and baby, doing fine in their custody. A win for obi is a win for Nigeria. Boko haram, bandits, etc, who are mainly youths would sheath their swords and work with Obi. Tinubu's government would be worse cos these guys already have his resume of corruption.
For the first time in my life, I see a Sokoto young man erecting billboards for a southern Christian aspirant...that shows we're getting wiser and the lies the moneybags tell us to split us aren't working again. They'd say he's yoruba don't vote him, he's ibo, don't vote him or he's hausa fulani, don't go there or he's a Christian or a Muslim.

The 2023 election would retire the likes of tinubu, atiku etc perpetually from politics.

4 Likes

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Iykopee(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
Trying to gaslight us, it won't work. grin
Peter Obi no dey give shi shi. Every one naira must be accounted for. The Era of thieves siphoning our national patrimony must come to an end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Obidient4life2: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
There will be a total U turn. Keep your negativity for your papa compound

1 Like

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Let him be president first

You want to use reverse psychology on people who have made up their mind for a revolution.

Make una no mind this guy

3 Likes

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Jashub: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
It is written "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn"(Proverbs 29:2).

This means that any ruler you vote or do not vote for , will have hands in the economic and political decisions that affect you directly and indirectly.

This is why it is important to vote for the right person. So do the wise thing, and vote for a leader who will represent not only your intrest, but the intrest of your unborn children and their generations
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
There will be changes
Number change is that ,the new Nigeria president is
Peter obi
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jashub:
It is written "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn"(Proverbs 29:2).

What this means is that your financial goals in establishing anything for yourself are in the hands of whoever controls the economic and political climate of your dwelling place.

Which is why it is important to vote for the right person. After all, life is short and you do not want to empower yourself in a place where your efforts will continually be frustrated by who emerges as leader. So do the wise thing a pick leaders who will represent not only your intrest, but the intrest of your unborn children and their generations

Didn't Peter Obi made his billions in this same Nigeria, you are complaining about.

There were bad leaders in power and he still became successful.

So the fact is your economy situation is in your hands, you can either change it or continue following the crowd.
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Simeonjoe1: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Okonandmary:
Even if Peter Obi wins the 2023 presidential election, Nothing will change in Nigeria. Naira will still depreciate against the dollar, you will still have bad roads, bad civil services, poor education, no infrastructures, high unemployment, security issues, bad managers and increase in foreign and local debts.

The truth is that many of you are just fan boys and girls (Supporters club) of these presidential candidates.

If you think you can dance, abuse, drink, eat and jump before and during campaigns, the next generation will do that better than you.

So stop wasting your time, after the dancing, the eating, the drinking, the abuse and all sort of things, you do for your various candidates, you will be back to reality and the cycle continues.

None of the presidential candidates can change Nigeria or your life, that is fact.

They might bring out positive policies but it will not affect your lives, it will only help those who are players in various sectors in Nigeria.

The only thing they can do is to pay you 15k monthly to help elevate you from poverty and to brag about poverty alleviations ,just to follow Imf policies.

You better go get some skills, open some some shops, get a job or japa if that is your idea.

Focus on yourself, elevate your self from poverty, don't fall into traps of supporters club, after the elections, the excitement is over, reality begins. Disappointment and depression starts.

The fact is only you can change your economic situation, not peter Obi, Tinubu or Atiku.

The bitter truth people fails to heed.
Nigeria can't change.
Well PO has promised to share money we fit dey enjoy money on top dilapidated infrastructure and insecurities.
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Simeonjoe1: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jashub:

This means that any ruler you vote or do not vote for , will have hands in the economic and political decisions that affect you directly and indirectly.

This is why it is important to vote for the right person. So do the wise thing, and vote for a leader who will represent not only your intrest, but the intrest of your unborn children and their generations

Don't bring the Bible to human rulership nothing concern God and una politics.
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Jashub: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Okonandmary:

Didn't Peter Obi made his billions in this same Nigeria, you are complaining about.

So the fact is your economy situation is in your hands, you can either change it or continue following the crowd.
Oga, times have changed and you can't compare Peter Obi's time and yours . Secondly , the opportunities in Peter Obi's time aren't there now . And it will be a miracle if you even see such especially as Covid brought a halt to certain economic activities.

Or do you have time to waste hustling and bustling under bad leadership while praying to make it big ? If that's your wish , then I'm sorry to say that your efforts will be futile.

2 Likes

Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Jashub: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Don't bring the Bible to human rulership nothing concern God and una politics.
If you don't want to hear God, then don't enter my mentions biko
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by kelechi50: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Okonandmary:

Did Peter Obi make his money from government?
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin
Making Obi president is like changing the captain of Newcastle and expecting them to win champions league.
If you want them to win, change everybody... Remove all the old politicians.
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by Goodday90(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
But voting a sick old man will make a difference?

Since anybody can’t make a difference,why don’t we just desolve the office of the presidency,make everybody rest

Tinubu supporter and their mumu reverse psychology
Re: Even If Peter Obi Is President, Nothing Will Change In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Wetin change for Anambra, anyways still waiting for Awka Dubai pictures

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Lobatan, Tinubu Finally Chooses a Muslim Running Mate / Shettima Gets Nine APC Governors’ Support Amid Criticism Of Muslim-muslim Ticket / Woman Gives All Her Life Savings To Peter Obi To Support The Campaign VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.