Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,159 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Treasure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Treasure (165 Views)

Medieval Coin With 'Five Wounds Of Jesus Christ' Found & Declared Treasure (Pix) / Princess Who Lived At Time Of Jesus Found Buried With Treasure Worth MILLIONS / Your Soul Is Your Greatest Treasure, Don't Trade It For Anything In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Treasure by AbundantLife05: 6:07am On Jul 03, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
TREASURE. MT 13:44
[44]“The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field. NLT.

Dear friends, good morning and happy Sunday to you all. I pray that our treasure will be the things that are eternal in Jesus name. We will be talking on treasure this morning. What is treasure? Oxford Languages has it as “a quantity of precious metals, gems, or other valuable objects.” Words synonymous to it are riches, jewels, wealth and money. Now, God created treasures both in heaven and on earth. As we all know, God created the heavens and the earth, Genesis 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. NLT. However, the degree of treasure in heaven cannot be compared to its earth counterpart. Luke 12:33: “Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it.” NLT. Jesus made this statement because he knows quite too well that earthly treasures no matter how good and durable they are can get destroyed or stolen but that of heaven cannot suffer such.

As we proceed, it is important to know that God wants us to prioritise heavenly treasure over that of earth. Why is that so? Because what we have in heaven is far better than our understanding of treasure. Jesus called it treasure for us to understand it better. He likened heaven to a treasure because we are yet to see what God has in store for us in heaven. Recently, I heard some amazing things about Qatar and based on what I’ve seen on the Internet, the place is beautiful but think about it, if man’s wisdom can bring about what is in Qatar, what about what God’s wisdom and unlimited resources will bring in heaven? That is the reason why heavenly treasure should be gotten at all cost. The man in our text did exactly this by discovering the treasure and doing his all to get it. Matthew 7:14: But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. NLT. The way to God’s treasure must be found and walked in. This can only be achieved by knowing Jesus and by relying on the Holy Spirit to have a successful life.

After we have discovered this treasure, we should fix our eyes to it. It is important we do this because it is a system of checking whether we are still in the faith or not. Matthew 6:21: Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. NLT. When we think about heaven, about fellowship with our brothers and sisters and when we reach out to the lost, it shows our hearts are fixed to or heavenly treasure but if we are not doing the above, it means our hearts are fixed to the temporal treasures here on earth. In our race to getting the heavenly treasure, we must fix our eyes to the treasure and there is no better way to do this than to fix our eyes to Jesus who is the author and the finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:2: We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. NLT.

Therefore, if you have not given your life to Jesus who is the way to the heavenly treasure or you have backslidden and you want to come back, say this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Like Jesus? / Could This Be Why People Can No Longer Speak In Tongues? / Getting Older, And Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.