Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? (1012 Views)

I am Getting Fat Anyhow and worried / 10 Myths And Facts About Getting Pregnant / Am Getting Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 3:02am On Jul 26, 2011
These videos aren't too recent, but I found the subject matter interesting enough to post in the politics section. The proponent (Gary Taubes) makes a lot of statements that are not supported by mainstream medicine.

Part One:
[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqhar40TVw[/flash]

Part Two:
[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNH0RPXI0M[/flash]

This sounds like the low-carb diets touted by Dr. Atkins, but I have to admit that many of his arguments make some sense.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by bashr4: 3:07am On Jul 26, 2011
hope yout not fat cus i prefer average chicks with better nkiru and azuka wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 3:09am On Jul 26, 2011
bashr4:

hope yout not fat cus i prefer average chicks with better nkiru and azuka wink wink wink wink wink

Did you watch the video? This is not about me but about how our perception of what is good food may affect our health. It's also not just about weight.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by bashr4: 3:17am On Jul 26, 2011
forget the video lets talk about you , post your pic let me know if nga alike ihe nga afu wink wink wink
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 3:18am On Jul 26, 2011
bashr4:

forget the video lets talk about you , post your pic let me know if nga alike ihe nga afu wink wink wink

I guess not undecided.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by bashr4: 3:20am On Jul 26, 2011
Nnenna1:

I guess not undecided.

let me watch the video will post back when am done.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by bashr4: 3:39am On Jul 26, 2011
i have watched it , theres nothing they discussed we dont already know
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 3:46am On Jul 26, 2011
bashr4:

i have watched it , theres nothing they discussed we dont already know

So you already heard about the theory that eating too much and exercising little aren't the causes of obesity, but symptoms? And the theory that cholesterol doesn't have bearing on health? Oh well, thought it would have made for interesting discussion.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by alex14(m): 3:51am On Jul 26, 2011
Moderator, please move this crappy topic to the appropriate section angry.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by OAM4J: 3:59am On Jul 26, 2011
Health Issue.

Moved to health Section.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 4:01am On Jul 26, 2011
alex_101:

Moderator, please move this crappy topic to the appropriate section angry.

What's with the hostility? Na wa o.
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by bashr4: 4:06am On Jul 26, 2011
Nnenna1:

So you already heard about the theory that[b] eating too much and exercising little aren't the causes of obesit[/b]y, but symptoms? And the theory that cholesterol doesn't have bearing on health? Oh well, thought it would have made for interesting discussion.

of course am sure you have one of those lekpa sibblings that eat triple portion yet remain like broom stick while you have those trying to be on diet yet kep expanding undecided undecided

but more excercise and less carbohydrate is good for loosing weight and your health too cus excess is stored as fat and broken down when needed .

as for cholesterol the negative impact  is seen mostly mostly in elderly people. 45 years up.

are you obese?
Re: What If Everything You Know About Getting Fat Is Wrong? by Nnenna1(f): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2011
bashr4:

of course am sure you have one of those lekpa sibblings that eat triple portion yet remain like broom stick while you have those trying to be on diet yet kep expanding undecided undecided

but more excercise and less carbohydrate is good for loosing weight and your health too cus excess is stored as fat and broken down when needed .

as for cholesterol the negative impact  is seen mostly mostly in elderly people. 45 years up.

are you obese?

Why do you keep asking about my weight? Well I'm thin (I did lose about 15lbs years ago though) but this video had me thinking of a couple of things - like why it's almost inevitable for older people (particularly women) to gain weight (even when science supports the theory that weight loss is a natural symptom of aging).

Excess accumulation of carbohydrates over the years? I don't know - the same guy also has a long hour lecture on youtube that I watched out of boredom yesterday. He made a point about how a significant amount of people who are malnourished (i.e. on a semi-starvation diet) due to poverty are also obese.

Also remember some sort of theory about how humans are not evolved enough to metabolize carbohydrates since we were meat eaters (i.e. hunter-gatherers) for much of man's existence.

Anyways this is just a random topic I thought was interesting.

(1) (Reply)

All You Should Know About Hypertension - Courtesy: Primus Hospital Karu , Abuja / Dizzy After Breakfast........ Doctors In The House Plz Comment! / Can Kidney Infection Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.