Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church (191 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / Catholic Church Clarifies Mbaka’s ‘Removal’ From Adoration Ministry / Prophet TB Joshua Frowns Against Church Division (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by Bobloco: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
I didn’t tell anybody to buy guns, Adeboye clarifies on battle against church attackers
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye on Sunday clarified that he never instructed anybody to buy guns.

The revered man of God made the remark at the monthly Thanksgiving service of the church on Sunday, citing that Samson in the Bible did not use a gun rather he used the jaw bone of an axe.

Adeboye stressed that he did not order Christians should buy guns to defend themselves, and maintained that while Christians are not all out to kill anyone, what they have stood for is that unwanted visitors are not welcomed to the church.

His words, “I did not tell anybody to buy guns. Samson didn’t use gun. He used the jaw bone of an axe and how do you demonstrate that to the children? You show them the jawbone of an axe.

“We didn’t ask anybody to buy guns, we said that we don’t need unwanted visitors to our church. If they do and they find the jaw bone of an axe, they will understand. All we are doing is to demonstrate to our children,” he said.

The reaction is a clarification to an earlier statement he (Adeboye) made at the church’s July 2022 Holy Ghost Service, wherein he urged Christians to defend themselves while speaking at the church’s July 2022 Holy Ghost Service while condemning the rate of insecurity.

Adeboye said “it’s fire for fire” for every enemy of the church.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/i-didnt-tell-anybody-to-buy-guns-adeboye-clarifies-on-battle-against-church-attackers-video/
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by Morgan9(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Then what are they suppose to defend their self with .against this marauding Fulani killers.

U in collaboration with tinubu and osibanjo imposed this bad regime on us..
I have never forgiven for that even till this day.
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by Cypress042: 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
This man knows the truth and would always want to twist it.

Before you would see him clarifying his statements like this, some urchins must have warned him to stay away from their brothers.

This is Nigeria our eyes are open now sad
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by DrLadan2021: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
I wonder why most blogger tend to mis interpret content all in the name of making names
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Bobloco:
Adeboye stressed that he did not order Christians should buy guns to defend themselves, and maintained that while Christians are not all out to kill anyone, what they have stood for is that unwanted visitors are not welcomed to the church.

His words, “I did not tell anybody to buy guns. Samson didn’t use gun. He used the jaw bone of an axe and how do you demonstrate that to the children? You show them the jawbone of an axe.

“We didn’t ask anybody to buy guns, we said that we don’t need unwanted visitors to our church. If they do and they find the jaw bone of an axe, they will understand. All we are doing is to demonstrate to our children,” he said..
So, Jesus Christ wants his followers to emulate Samson where possible instead of obeying His teachings(and commandments)? undecided

As one who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ, you are not called according to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, God's Constitution given to the people of Israel- those born with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. So it makes no sense of any kind to try to model your life after even David,or Samson, in any way or form. undecided

Instead you are called according to God's New Covenant Law and Truth, Jesus Christ, in the Kingdom of God and are so expected to live your life in submission to and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14. undecided

Jesus Christ said you are not to defend yourself when attacked by enemies because of Him. Do you obey Jesus Christ whom you claim to love or do you simply ignore Him because you believe you know better than He in His own Kingdom? undecided
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by orisa37: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
COOOOORECT.

GOD CAN TURN THE STONES AROUND YOU INTO SOLDIERS TO THE DEFEND YOU AND
TURN YOUR ENEMIES INTO PROPHETIC FRENZY BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES. 1st SAMUEL 19: 23-24.
PRAY 360° 24/7 AND
YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU PRAYED.
Re: I Didn’t Tell Anybody To Buy Guns, Adeboye Clarifies On Battle Against Church by Righthussle: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
The biggest pulpit bandit in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Situations / Be Healed Indeed / Fake Bishops: ‘Tinubu And APC Have Shown What They Care Capable Of Doing To Us’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.