Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? (2046 Views)

Craft : Keychains And Cards I Make/sell. It's Fun! / How I Make #20,000 Extra Income Per Week Creating Cartoon Videos / Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hey pros!

Experienced guys in the game.
How possible is it for a graphic designer to make real money.

Can one take graphic design as a successful career or is it just a side business for little quick cash.

I mean how can one do serious business as a graphic designer or get a good job with your graphics skills.

What does one need to make the money?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2022
babasolution:
Hey pros!

Experienced guys in the game.
How possible is it for a graphic designer to make real money.

Can one take graphic design as a successful career or is it just a side business for little quick cash.

I mean how can one do serious business as a graphic designer or get a good job with your graphics skills.

What does one need to make the money?
Are you a designer or you're trying to take a design career path?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2022
Offpoint1:

Are you a designer or you're trying to take a design career path?

Design career path
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2022
babasolution:

Design career path
Busy now, hi me by evening time let's talk.
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 10:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Offpoint1:

OK
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Offpoint1:

Hi boss
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 5:40am On Jul 07, 2022
babasolution:

Hi boss
Go morning, do you have a pc?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Offpoint1:

Go morning, do you have a pc?

Yes I do
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
babasolution:

Yes I do
Good!

The question is
"How you can make money as a Graphics Designer"

I understand your thoughts, it's normal human feelings... Be it school we went to study or skill(s) we acquired, the endgame is all about making money so it's perfectly ok if the first impression you have in mind about graphics designs is MAKING MONEY.

You may be wondering where I'm headed with the above statement, but you'll understand briefly.

When it comes to Graphic Designs, from my personal experiences or as I'd like to say "From my mistakes"... venturing into it with the aim or mindset of MAKING MONEY will MOSTLY land one/beginners in regrets.
I'm not saying one can't make money with Graphics skills, HELL NO!... What I'm trying to say is not to go into it with the FIRST mindset of making money because A LOT will go wrong.

My advice/Guidelines to you and to all beginners or non-designers who want to venture into Graphics design are:

1) GET THE APPROPRIATE TRAINING: There are enough mediocre in the field already, don't become one of them. The design industry or should I say STREET is extremely cold, it is filled with lots of huddles to scale through, you will need all the right training you can get mentally, physically, and otherwise, or else you'll find yourself in an endless web of frustration.

2) GET A DESIGN MENTOR: Every great man on earth regardless of their profession HAVE a mentor, I can not over-emphasize the importance of getting/having a mentor who you can look up to for guidance, motivation, inspiration, and CRITICISMS. (Mentorship may or may not likely be an individual...) This will help your graphical success journey easier.

3) MASTER INDUSTRY STANDARD TOOLS: Nobody will want to fly a plane piloted by an incompetent pilot who failed his simulated virtual flight. Study the industry-standard tool(s), MASTER IT before you even dream of sorting for jobs. (I'll keep this brief)

4)SHOW/DISPLAY YOUR WORKS: After mastering your tool(s) the next step is to show the world what you have and what you are capable of... all the badass imaginary and dummy designs you've made during those practical periods, shouldn't just rot in your drive... show it to your friends, family, neighbors and possibly enemies too. Utilize the internet/social media to showcase your works and DON'T RELENT.

5)JOIN DESIGN COMMUNITIES: Iron sharpens Iron they say, birds of feather dance zazoo together: There are hundreds of Graphics communities on NET where Graphical ideas are shared. Find a GOOD ONE and join, learn from them, get your designs critique, and MORE...It will help you a lot in self-improvement or also possible job clicks.

6)BUILD A NOTORIOUSLY-BADASS PORTFOLIO: Having a portfolio as a designer is extremely important, it'll save the stress of trying to explain your capabilities to clients, your portfolio will do the talking hence you need a portfolio that speaks PROFESSIONALISM. Use your knowledge as a Designer to create an irresistible online portfolio and your portfolio should contain the BEST of your works. Stack it up online and generate a link you can always send to your prospective clients even when you're sleeping.

BONUS:
This was supposed to be number 1:
KNOW YOUR GRAPHICS NICHE: Graphics is very broad, there are a lot of niches in graphics, and you need to know which one to settle with it. A lot of beginners make the mistake of trying to learn everything at the start, and the end result is mediocrity. Know your niche and build yourself around it.
There are niches like:
*Packaging Design
* Logo Identity
*Branding
*Graphic illustration
*Design Marketing
*Type Design
*Publication
*Web/Ui/UX Design
*Motion Graphics
*Photo manipulations
*Creative strategy and more.

Research on them and know which one you can handle.

Back to your question on how to make money with Graphics Designs....The above are the Guidelines for making money with graphics.

Don't know why I'm pushed to write this epistle, you're lucky.

If you have further questions feel free to ask and pardon my grammars.

@ Divay22 incase you want to venture into graphics, this may be useful to you wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Divay22(f): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Offpoint1:

Good!

The question is

I understand your thoughts, it's normal human feelings... Be it school we went to study or skill(s) we acquired, the endgame is all about making money so it's perfectly ok if the first impression you have in mind about graphics designs is MAKING MONEY.

You may be wondering where I'm headed with the above statement, but you'll understand briefly.

When it comes to Graphic Designs, from my personal experiences or as I'd like to say "From my mistakes"... venturing into it with the aim or mindset of MAKING MONEY will MOSTLY land one/beginners in regrets.
I'm not saying one can't make money with Graphics skills, HELL NO!... What I'm trying to say is not to go into it with the FIRST mindset of making money because A LOT will go wrong.

My advice/Guidelines to you and to all beginners or non-designers who want to venture into Graphics design are:

1) GET THE APPROPRIATE TRAINING: There are enough mediocre in the field already, don't become one of them. The design industry or should I say STREET is extremely cold, it is filled with lots of huddles to scale through, you will need all the right training you can get mentally, physically, and otherwise, or else you'll find yourself in an endless web of frustration.

2) GET A DESIGN MENTOR: Every great man on earth regardless of their profession HAVE a mentor, I can not over-emphasize the importance of getting/having a mentor who you can look up to for guidance, motivation, inspiration, and CRITICISMS. (Mentorship may or may not likely be an individual...) This will help your graphical success journey easier.

3) MASTER INDUSTRY STANDARD TOOLS: Nobody will want to fly a plane piloted by an incompetent pilot who failed his simulated virtual flight. Study the industry-standard tool(s), MASTER IT before you even dream of sorting for jobs. (I'll keep this brief)

4)SHOW/DISPLAY YOUR WORKS: After mastering your tool(s) the next step is to show the world what you have and what you are capable of... all the badass imaginary and dummy designs you've made during those practical periods, shouldn't just rot in your drive... show it to your friends, family, neighbors and possibly enemies too. Utilize the internet/social media to showcase your works and DON'T RELENT.

5)JOIN DESIGN COMMUNITIES: Iron sharpens Iron they say, birds of feather dance zazoo together: There are hundreds of Graphics communities on NET where Graphical ideas are shared. Find a GOOD ONE and join, learn from them, get your designs critique, and MORE...It will help you a lot in self-improvement or also possible job clicks.

6)BUILD A NOTORIOUSLY-BADASS PORTFOLIO: Having a portfolio as a designer is extremely important, it'll save the stress of trying to explain your capabilities to clients, your portfolio will do the talking hence you need a portfolio that speaks PROFESSIONALISM. Use your knowledge as a Designer to create an irresistible online portfolio and your portfolio should contain the BEST of your works. Stack it up online and generate a link you can always send to your prospective clients even when you're sleeping.

BONUS:
KNOW YOUR GRAPHICS NICHE: Graphics is very broad, there are a lot of niches in graphics, and you need to know which one to settle with it. A lot of beginners make the mistake of trying to learn everything at the start, and the end result is mediocrity. Know your niche and build yourself around it.
There are niches like:
*Packaging Design
* Logo Identity
*Branding
*Graphic illustration
*Design Marketing
*Type Design
*Publication
*Web/Ui/UX Design
*Motion Graphics
*Photo manipulations

Back to your question on how to make money with Graphics Designs....The above are the Guidelines for making money with graphics.

@ Divay22 incase you want to venture into graphics, this may be useful to you wink
Wow... This is beautiful..
Honestly ehn, I love colours and designs but i can never do any myself..
I once paid 5k for a graphic beginner's class grin grin ( I mean basic) I ended up doing nothing..

My roommate is into graphics and she's really earning little thing from it but i still don't have any interest..

I can only admire y'all works, but i don't really think i can go into it.....
That's not to say, i am ruling it out though.

I'll be getting myself a laptop by next month and journey from there...

Thank you so very much for this mention...
Feels so good to have someone hit you up for something that will be beneficial to you...
I really appreciate this. kiss
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
Divay22:

Wow... This is beautiful..
Honestly ehn, I love colours and designs but i can never do any myself..
I once paid 5k for a graphic beginner's class grin grin ( I mean basic) I ended up doing nothing..

My roommate is into graphics and she's really earning little thing from it but i still don't have any interest..

I can only admire y'all works, but i don't really think i can go into it.....
That's not to say, i am ruling it out though.

I'll be getting myself a laptop by next month and journey from there...

Ya welcome
Thank you so very much for this mention...
Feels so good to have someone hit you up for something that will be beneficial to you...
I really appreciate this. kiss

I need to flog you for paying just 5k to learn Graphics grin grin Not your fault sha, we have those sapa-driven "Designers" who ORGANIZE 1k MASTER CLASSES with 10 slots left to go grin

Don't worry if Graphics is not your stuff... Which ever digital skill you're passionate about just hit me up... I dey for you cheesy
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Divay22(f): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
Offpoint1:

I need to flog you for paying just 5k to learn Graphics grin grin Not your fault sha, we have those sapa-driven "Designers" who ORGANIZE 1k MASTER CLASSES with 10 plots left to go grin

Don't worry if Graphics is not your stuff... Which ever digital skill you're passionate about just hit me up... I dey for you cheesy
Hahahahahahahaha
I think it was during covid period sef grin grin

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That's a 1B$ offer... I got an open cheque shocked shocked
I'll sure do that... Thank you so very much.

Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Divay22:

Hahahahahahahaha
I think it was during covid period sef grin grin

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That's a 1B$ offer... I got an open cheque shocked shocked
I'll sure do that... Thank you so very much.
1B$? Calm down grin

Your meme got me grin grin grin
I can recommend a good PC if I have the hint of what you want to learn... And if you have no idea yet... WE can rub mind on few I know...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by babasolution: 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Offpoint1:

Good!

The question is

BONUS:
There are niches like:
*Packaging Design
* Logo Identity
*Branding
*Graphic illustration
*Design Marketing
*Type Design
*Publication
*Web/Ui/UX Design
*Motion Graphics
*Photo manipulations

Thanks a lot
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 3:45am On Jul 08, 2022
babasolution:

Thanks a lot
You're welcome.

If you're Lagos base and interested learning I can be your plug if location is favorable.
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by drisham(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2022
Offpoint1:

Please I'm also a graphics designer
How can I monetize it
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
drisham:

Please I'm also a graphics designer
How can I monetize it
Have you read my respond?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Divay22(f): 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Offpoint1:

1B$? Calm down grin

Your meme got me grin grin grin
I can recommend a good PC if I have the hint of what you want to learn... And if you have no idea yet... WE can rub mind on few I know...
Is my 1B$ cheque still open?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
Divay22:

Is my 1B$ cheque still open?
God! I didn't see this coming grin grin

It's open
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Divay22(f): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Offpoint1:

God! I didn't see this coming grin grin

It's open
Amazing
I think it's time we go offpoint grin, sorry shocked Off here
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Divay22:

Amazing
I think it's time we go offpoint grin, sorry shocked Off here
Lol, don't tell me that was an error grin

Alright, you can reach via whatsapp my contact is on my signature
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Divay22(f): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Offpoint1:

Lol, don't tell me that was an error grin

Alright, you can reach via whatsapp my contact is on my signature
Of course, it was grin grin

Alright.. I'll be there
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Divay22:

Of course, it was grin grin

Alright.. I'll be there
grin God sees us all

Alright, once I go online on that line I'll respond.
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by faceland: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Try print-on-demand websites. Make as much as 10 to 60 designs DAILY using canva.com (usually just catchy 3 words like "just do it").

It's just an experiment but if it works, that is passive income. With the value of Naira against the Dollar, once every 6 months when you withdraw, it would be huge.
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by clint16(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Amazon KDP simply deals with writing books as you want.but who has the time to sit rack his/her brain to write? Most people dont ,with the right tools and info you can get content for your book by reading through, rearrange and edit using your smartphone or laptop.
Now imagine you publish a book, which shouldn't take you more than 2hrs or less and you create not WRITE a book in a day multiply by 30days, that 30 books.
Now, let say one of your book sells for $5 and u sell 20 copies per day that $100 in a month and mind you (they pay in$$) and we all know how much is 1$ to naira.
The most amazing part is you don't have to look for buyers, thousands of people go to Amazon site daily to purchase this e_book.
Another thing is when once your book is there, you will continue to make money from there till God knows when.
NB
If you always want free things it not for you.
If you are a lazy person who thinks miracle money will fall on you it also not for you.
For serious minded only.
NB: get the course at a discount price now....
Get the course invite your friends and family and get a COMMISSION.
Message on WhatsApp on...
https:///99wsum
Email@ abubakartijani92@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by rainlover(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Offpoint1:

Good!

The question is

BONUS:
There are niches like:
*Packaging Design
* Logo Identity
*Branding
*Graphic illustration
*Design Marketing
*Type Design
*Publication
*Web/Ui/UX Design
*Motion Graphics
*Photo manipulations

can one do professional graphic designs on smartphone?
Re: How Can I Make Real Money As A Graphic Designer? by Offpoint1: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
rainlover:
can one do professional graphic designs on smartphone?
Graphics Designs = Yes
Professional Graphics Design = NO

(1) (Reply)

Free Logos, d.p's And More..... / 20 pictures you really need to look at to Understand / Oil Painting Journey - Moscolexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.